LH A321 seat questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH A321 seat questions

Flying in Economy on the A321, but I'm allowed to select row 8 even though row 8 is listed as part of Business Class.

Reference seatmap: http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...dia_871528.pdf

Is this normal? I want a window seat and I don't want to arrive at the airport and find out I've been bumped off to some random seat elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

For your flight, the curtain's probably been moved forward - i'm guessing.

Comment

LH uses moveable curtains to partition between business and economy depending on demands. I have seen weekend flights with curtain moved to behind row 3; i.e. economy starts from row 4.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
        LH uses moveable curtains to partition between business and economy depending on demands. I have seen weekend flights with curtain moved to behind row 3; i.e. economy starts from row 4.
        And Monday morning flights when the business class has taken up more than half the plane, although that was a 319 I think

Comment

Thanks for all the quick replies

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            I finally see some sense in the Euro style 3-3 J seating

Comment

Anyone knows if this is operated by the A321 with new seats or old seats?

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                Anyone knows if this is operated by the A321 with new seats or old seats?
                Are you referring to the NEK? Cause i've tried those and I can't say i'm terribly impressed.

Comment

Yes...the seatmap I'm offered shows the old seating design but I'm wondering if there are any fixed routes for NEK aircraft or is there a possibility of getting a NEK cabin even when LH website seatmap shows the old config. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                    Yes...the seatmap I'm offered shows the old seating design but I'm wondering if there are any fixed routes for NEK aircraft or is there a possibility of getting a NEK cabin even when LH website seatmap shows the old config. Thanks
                    I'm afraid that can happen, I was NEK'ed from TXL-MUC the other week, horrible even in C.

Comment

Originally posted by iainbhx View Post
                      I'm afraid that can happen, I was NEK'ed from TXL-MUC the other week, horrible even in C.

I'm confused here... For me, NEK seat quite an improvement... compare to the old one...
                      The sleek design gave me a couple extra inches of legroom (on the cramped European J class)...

Here some pictures of them....

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post

I'm confused here... For me, NEK seat quite an improvement... compare to the old one...
                        The sleek design gave me a couple extra inches of legroom (on the cramped European J class)...
                        I agree, from the Y side. I think the seat and pitch are an improvement over the past LH seat (and the BA seats).
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

On the two NEK flights I have been on, I have found it very difficult to use my laptop without twisting it at an angle to avoid "recliner bash". It's a standard 15" job. That's in C.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            I agree, from the Y side.......
                            Originally posted by iainbhx View Post
                            That's in C.

I think the seats in C and eY are identical.... Just an empty middle seat in C...
                            Yes? No?

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                              I think the seats in C and eY are identical.... Just an empty middle seat in C...
                              Yes? No?
                              The seats are identical, my understanding was that there was supposed to be greater spacing towards the front of the cabin.

Maybe it's because I'm a fat barsteward

Comment

Working...
                              X