Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THAI Introduces Direct Flights from Bangkok to Brussels, Belgium

THAI Introduces Direct Flights from Bangkok to Brussels, Belgium

Today (27 June 2011), Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) announced the introduction of direct flights to be operated thrice weekly non-stop on the route Bangkok – Brussels v.v., utilizing Boeing 777-200 ER aircraft, with service commencing on 17 November 2011.

Mr. Pandit Chanapai, THAI Executive Vice President for Commercial, said, “THAI is pleased to introduce Brussels as its newest destination to serve the European Union (EU), as the only Southeast Asian carrier to operate non-stop flights on the route Bangkok-Brussels v.v. Flights to Brussels will serve business travel among the international community from Thailand and the European Union conducting state travel. Leisure passengers from Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and France will also take advantage of direct flights into Bangkok, with passengers traveling beyond Bangkok to Thai domestic destinations and other parts of Southeast Asia.”

THAI will operate a total of three flights per week from Bangkok to Brussels. THAI’s direct service on flight TG934 will depart Bangkok on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 00.30 hours and arrive in Brussels at 07.00 hours. On the return, flight TG935 will depart Brussels on the same day at 13.30 hours and arrive in Bangkok at 06.20 hours on the next day. Total flight time on the Bangkok-Brussels route is 12.30 hours and 10.50 hours on the return from Brussels-Bangkok. Brussels is THAI’s 72 nd destination.

THAI will utilize Boeing 777-200ER aircraft on the Bangkok-Brussels v.v. route and can carry a total of 292 passengers with 30 seats in Royal Silk Class and 262 seats in Economy Class, with seats in all classes of travel equipped with personal screens and the latest in-flight entertainment system.

Brussels is the capital of Belgium and the European Union. As Brussels is within close proximity to the Netherlands, THAI’s direct flight serves state travel conducted by officials from the International Court of Justice in The Hague as well as other international organizations headquartered in Brussels such as the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).

Flights on the route Bangkok-Brussels v.v. may be reserved as of 1 July 2011 onwards.

Was just searching for this route last Tues! Great to hear!

Comment

Total flight time on the Bangkok-Brussels route is 12.30 hours and 10.50 hours on the return from Brussels-Bangkok. Brussels is THAI’s 72 nd destination.
      I was on Turkish from SG a couple of weeks ago, 11hrs to Istanbul plus another 3hrs from Istanbul to Brussels plus the ~2.5hr transfer in Istanbul so depending on transfers in BKK this could work out a quicker trip.

TK is good in the air, but pretty lousy on the ground...... I think much like TG.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
        TK is good in the air, but pretty lousy on the ground...... I think much like TG.
        I agree, but in reverse... although last weekend they insisted for the 6th time that the TG Spa was full and no massages were possible til 1.5 hrs after my departure.

Boo.

Edit: I don't find this showing up on ANA...
        Last edited by Kyo; 28 June 2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Edit: I don't find this showing up on ANA...
          goes on sale July 1
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
            goes on sale July 1
            Still not showing up on ANA...

Comment

Working...
            X