• Show
Clear All

• Thai Airways reveals new invitation-only FFP tier

Thai Airways reveals new invitation-only FFP tier

http://asia.businesstraveller.com/as...-only-ffp-tier

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
    Thai Airways reveals new invitation-only FFP tier

http://asia.businesstraveller.com/as...-only-ffp-tier
    I guess this is like SQ PPS? You only get it when you fly C and F with them frequent enough
    visit my blog

Comment

I'm liking this as my alternative to KF when BD's DC disappears. Fairly certain I can hit those requirements...

TG F lounge and fast track constantly, yummy...

Can't find anything on the TG ROP link nor the Status section. Only mentions Silver and Gold...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        I'm liking this as my alternative to KF when BD's DC disappears. Fairly certain I can hit those requirements...

TG F lounge and fast track constantly, yummy...

Can't find anything on the TG ROP link nor the Status section. Only mentions Silver and Gold...
        I think you're reading the article a little bit wrong - the 50k requirements are the ones in existence already for ROP*G. The one for Plt is not stated

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          I think you're reading the article a little bit wrong - the 50k requirements are the ones in existence already for ROP*G. The one for Plt is not stated
          Re-read, yes, very true - more info leaking in bits and pieces on the Interweb. I just think, in general, this program would be worth serious consideration my end..

Comment

Well they have had two or three attempts to launch this in the last year or so and even now they have done half a job. Classic TG!.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Re-read, yes, very true - more info leaking in bits and pieces on the Interweb. I just think, in general, this program would be worth serious consideration my end..
            Really ?. The only stand out benefit apparent at the moment - bearing in mind the cack handed way TG have 'launched' this means nobody really knows anything for certain - is F lounge access, which would be nice as their J lounges at BKK are poor.

Bearing in mind you have to fly paid J & F to qualify then you get Fast Track with those anyway so no benefit there, unless flying in Y. F check in at BKK will probably excite a few but bearing in mind it takes three or four times as long to check in there as it does at the Royal Silk desks next to it (I still haven't worked out what takes them 5, 10 or even 15 minutes to produce two BP's at the F desks) I have long since given up and instead check in at the Royal Silk desks when flying F ex-BKK.

They have apparently changed the confirmed seat guarantee for Plats but what they are promising now I would have thought should have been provided for Golds previously anyway.

Comment

I am short of 15k miles to attain gold on my TG ROP card..... will they invite me? All my flights on TG were in J only.... I wonder
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Already aware that quite a few TG*Gs get op-upped rather regularly. Once I hit the premium quota for the year, I'm happy to slum it on a Y tix and see what happens. I do think the F-lounge benefit is great, and hopefully that includes a 1-hr spa treatment, if requested. Doesn't hurt, but I'm keen to hear the full story.

TG Plat Priority can come in handy also for me when I gotta go at short notice. No doubt this suits those who frequent BKK tremendously. SQ can keep their PPS from my pov.

Comment

Any guesses on how many Plat cards will go to Thai VIPs who are not booking C and F travel frequently?

Comment

Originally posted by view View Post
                    Any guesses on how many Plat cards will go to Thai VIPs who are not booking C and F travel frequently?
                    about 12 billion of them.

Comment

PPS is useless, I don't think anyone will argue with that. It's not known as the Pointless Passenger or Previously Priority Service for nothing.

It would be a nice side benefit of this if it shook SQ up and made them make PPS worth something again, assuming TG ever get around to actually letting us know officially what the benefits are.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                        I am short of 15k miles to attain gold on my TG ROP card..... will they invite me? All my flights on TG were in J only.... I wonder
                        If you read the artcile carefully:
                        This latest category goes above ROP's Gold tier, and the invitation to enjoy Platinum status is only extended to Thai’s most loyal customers, who travel frequently in premium classes and have maintained Gold status for a long time

so I do not think they will give it to the first time qualifier Gold. I think if you maintain the Gold status for the second times, you may have chance to get invited.

I think they will invite their Gold member who has been "Gold" for at least 3 years and flies a lot on C and F. But again TG logic may be different
                        visit my blog

Comment

Actually I wonder, does the airlines values their C and F customer more than their very frequent Y customer?

I think if a cusomter flies 100 times in Y, he/she probably generate more revnue compare to a customer who flies 25 times in C/F. Isn't it?

Also, I think the airlines should start using the frequency of travel (rather than distance to travel) or at least do both option, as it is call Frequent Flyer (which mean you have to travel frequently) not Distance Flyer, as you can clock 20,000 miles by flying SIN-NYC-SIN 1 times, but even I flies 20 times of SIN-KUL-SIN, I will still not hitting 20,000 miles
                          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                            I think if a cusomter flies 100 times in Y, he/she probably generate more revnue compare to a customer who flies 25 times in C/F. Isn't it?
                            Depends on how much someone is paying in Y. Full F is a LOT more than 4 x Discount Y.

Comment

Oh nein, TG at it again. Last time they got everyone excited but in the dark and then pulled out last minute and delayed everything. This does not look much more organized and clear. Waiting to see more info on it, but that could be a long wait

Comment

Working...
                              X