Lufthansa status match for Flying Blue customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lufthansa status match for Flying Blue customers

Lufthansa M&M is offering a status match to Flying Blue elites. FB Silver gets matched to M&M Frequent Traveller status (LH*S) whilst FB Gold and FB Platinum will be matched to M&M Senator status (LH*G).

Given M&M status lasts for 2 years, this is an excellent way to obtain *G benefits up to 2013.

The only caveat is you need to credit at least 2 segments on M&M airlines to M&M. So this will only work for those who are planning on traveling soon with the following airlines:
    ** After only one booked flight (two segments) with Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT, Lufthansa, Luxair or SWISS, you will receive your gold or silver Miles & More card.

More details: http://www.more-miles.com/

I knew the free FB status is going to be good for something.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Can it be one flight on LH and one on LX?

Comment

Now I'm almost wishing I paid more attention to status-matching to FB on time... that's a great gesture from LH, almost a desperate one. I sense major M&M SEN dilution.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Can it be one flight on LH and one on LX?
        Don't see why not, though the "1 booked flight/2 segments" wording is ambiguous and implies that both flights have to be part of the same reservation/ticket?

The T&Cs are a bit clearer:
        You have until 31 July 2011 to take the respective flights (2 segments) to activate your status regardless of the booking class.
        Seems like any 2 segments should do the trick. Maybe call up to clarify if in doubt.

Sadly I don't have any travel planned that involves any of the eligible airlines anytime soon. Easiest way for you would be a KUL-BKK-KUL on LH?
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          Don't see why not, though the "1 booked flight/2 segments" wording is ambiguous and implies that both flights have to be part of the same reservation/ticket?

The T&Cs are a bit clearer:

Seems like any 2 segments should do the trick. Maybe call up to clarify if in doubt.

Sadly I don't have any travel planned that involves any of the eligible airlines anytime soon. Easiest way for you would be a KUL-BKK-KUL on LH?
          those based in SIN, can always do SIN-CGK-SIN by LH
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            Easiest way for you would be a KUL-BKK-KUL on LH?
            Precisely

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Now I'm almost wishing I paid more attention to status-matching to FB on time... that's a great gesture from LH, almost a desperate one. I sense major M&M SEN dilution.
              This is actually a response to FB who launched a similar offer to M&M and other *A FF programs recently.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_jay_smith View Post
                This is actually a response to FB who launched a similar offer to M&M and other *A FF programs recently.
                The offer you mention actually targetted many other programs, including OW ones - not just *A ones.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_jay_smith View Post
                  That's the status-match promo I was referring to, actually (sorry if it wasn't clear)...

Comment

Free Lufthansa FFP Status Match for Air France Flying Blue Members

Lufthansa is giving away free Star Alliance status match in a bid to snatch the most lucrative frequent flyers away from rival Air France-KLM.

Travellers with Air France-KLM Flying Blue frequent flyer status need only send Lufthansa a picture of their Air France-KLM Flying Blue card and take a return flight on any of the Lufthansa group airlines -- Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT, Lufthansa, Luxair or Swiss to be provided with equivalent status match with Lufthansa.

Details of thr offer from Lufthansa can be found at

www.more-miles.com/mm_status.php?lg=en&c=

There are now plenty of Qantas FFP who took advantage of the free Gold Status match with Air France (Flying Blue) in March and now able to qualifty *A Elite Gold Status with Lufthansa.

Gunners

Comment

Working...
                    X