Confirmed: New-Build A380's to get all J upper deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed: New-Build A380's to get all J upper deck

Heard from a little bird that new builds are confirmed to have an all C upper deck and will be used on routes with heavy C demand like LHR. Suites will remain as well.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    Heard from a little bird that new builds are confirmed to have an all C upper deck and will be used on routes with heavy C demand like LHR. Suites will remain as well.
    No more upp deck Y seats to LHR? Oh no

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Yes, I have been speaking on this for some time, but seem no one believe me..o well..LOL..

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        No more upp deck Y seats to LHR? Oh no
        They are replaced by J/C seats. Aren't they better than Y? What's wrong with that?

Comment

Originally posted by bmchris View Post
          They are replaced by J/C seats. Aren't they better than Y? What's wrong with that?
          Maybe he is taking Y only.

I heard the upper deck Y on a380 do have extra storage space against the window area. Any idea?
          Thank You For Flying With Singapore Airlines , A Member Of Star Alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by PI66341 View Post
            Maybe he is taking Y only.

I heard the upper deck Y on a380 do have extra storage space against the window area. Any idea?
            Yes they do.
            blog

Comment

Originally posted by haf View Post
              Yes they do.
              It would be good if every Y window seats have a extra storage space..not mentioning it can be done like a table/hand rest.
              Thank You For Flying With Singapore Airlines , A Member Of Star Alliance.

Comment

From my past A380 LHR flights it seems like they won't have a problem to fill up JCL.
                Sounds like a sensible move.

Comment

This has been rumoured for years. I expected 9V-SKK to get to be first with the new configuration because she is the first frame of the second tranche and the original contract for the interiors covered the first tranche (9V-SKA through 9V-SKJ).

It should be noted that the reduced seat count will improve the WhaleJet's range. Combined with airframe weight reductions and engine efficiency improvements due in 2012 (after SQ have taken their last WhaleJet on order), it should be possible to use the WhaleJet for nonstop SFO/LAX/NYC-SIN operations. Therefore, I believe we'll soon see SQ exercise the 6 options (and perhaps order some additional frames).

Comment

Shouldn't SQ consider during the bad times as well? Imagine only economy class seats are filled up and the entire upper deck and lower front are vacant? maybe they have no choice but to start upgrading people
                    ________
                    Ipod Games
                    Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                      Yes, I have been speaking on this for some time, but seem no one believe me..o well..LOL..
                      Hazards of the trade when you're a prophet ahead of your time, feb01mel.

To refresh the discussion and keep it manageable for those just joining the action, we will close the other thread. Those who want to see which of the speculations when feb01mel first brought this up will end up being correct, the earlier thread is

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7590

jjpb3
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Hmmm thats sucks for people like myself who cant afford or dont want to pay the $8k that Singapore ask for a SYD - LHR rtn in J Class. Upper deck Y with EmEx seats is great and well worth the $50USD.

Slightly disappointed to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                          Shouldn't SQ consider during the bad times as well? Imagine only economy class seats are filled up and the entire upper deck and lower front are vacant?
                          That's not what actually happens in bad economic times. All cabin classes are affected, though not equally. Because air travel has high price elasticity of demand, yields suffer too, not just loads.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            Hazards of the trade when you're a prophet ahead of your time, feb01mel.

To refresh the discussion and keep it manageable for those just joining the action, we will close the other thread. Those who want to see which of the speculations when feb01mel first brought this up will end up being correct, the earlier thread is

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7590

jjpb3

Actually it is still a rumour correct, as it hasn't been officially confirmed n press release by SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                              Actually it is still a rumour correct, as it hasn't been officially confirmed n press release by SQ.
                              Not yet in a press release, no, but it has been, shall we say 'semi-officially announced', if there is such a thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X