'Processing time' for mileage redeposit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Processing time' for mileage redeposit

I just called in to cancel a Saver J redemption ex-BOM and was told that I'd have to wait 6 (yes, SIX) months for miles to be redeposited to my account.

'Up to 3 months' has always seemed to be part of the script during award cancellations but I've this is a first. I asked the agent about it and he said he'll try to expedite it.

Has anyone experienced the same, is this common?
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
    I just called in to cancel a Saver J redemption ex-BOM and was told that I'd have to wait 6 (yes, SIX) months for miles to be redeposited to my account.

'Up to 3 months' has always seemed to be part of the script during award cancellations but I've this is a first. I asked the agent about it and he said he'll try to expedite it.

I never pay attention to the delay announced went cancelling on the phone. However I noticed last month that it took 3 weeks to redeposit miles into my account after I cancelled a redemption booking, which is much longer than what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post

You can get it redeposited almost instantly if you are willing to have your taxes refunded in SGD, but you'll take a hit in forex, assuming you paid your taxes in non-SGD, You have to call KF SIN hotline to do this.

2 months ago I cancelled my redemption without getting it expedited, took about a week to see the miles back in the account.

Comment

Originally posted by worldrally View Post
        You can get it redeposited almost instantly if you are willing to have your taxes refunded in SGD, but you'll take a hit in forex, assuming you paid your taxes in non-SGD, You have to call KF SIN hotline to do this.

2 months ago I cancelled my redemption without getting it expedited, took about a week to see the miles back in the account.
        Seems an instant return of miles in my cases.

Comment

As i know for cancel and redeposit of miles normally takes about 1-2 weeks.
          For the taxes and surcharges will takes 3 working weeks to refund back to original credit card.

6months? Impossible.

Comment

Cancelled an award ticket on Jan 17. Received confirmation of refund on Jan 26 and miles were back in the account on that day.

Comment

You can call them up to get the miles redeposited back faster... Done that a couple of times with the excuse that I'm trying to rebook another flight...
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

As a data point, cancelled a ticket on Saturday, miles redeposited this morning. Didn't request immediate action, so thought this was pretty efficient.

Comment

Exactly same experience as Wan1dap to report here

Saturday I called, today they're back in.....

...and I've had immediate redeposit also!

Comment

Could not find any thread to my question so hope you guys dont mind I post here.

Question: Once I redeem my miles for an award ticket at a certain date but later need to change the date, can I do that and if yes, any charges ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Toffees View Post
                      Could not find any thread to my question so hope you guys dont mind I post here.

Question: Once I redeem my miles for an award ticket at a certain date but later need to change the date, can I do that and if yes, any charges ? Thanks
                      I always manage to do it when I log into my profile and go to "manage booking"... No charges...
                      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                        I always manage to do it when I log into my profile and go to "manage booking"... No charges...
                        OK Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X