Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booking nightmare!

Morning All,

This is a bit of a rant I suppose, although someone who understands how airlines book seats may be able to enlighten me a little! We're leaving on Sunday SYD to BOM, via SIN with SQ with a stopover each way. Flights were booked using points in June. Late last night we received bad news about an ill relative (who we are seeing in India) and so we wanted to extend our trip there. I knew this would be tricky, given the time of year, but had absolutely no idea just how ridiculous the process would get! As expected, there were no award seats left, so Krisflyer centre remove the return flights so we're left with a one way redemption booking so that I can book and pay for flights back. So far so good, but not for long. Website will let me (eventually, after doing it's ridiculous re-set all your selection trick) select flights but not book them. Call the Aus reservations number, only to be told they can't help. Call SIN who tell me I have to call Mumbai office. Mumbai office tells me there are no seats. I inquire further and am told that there are no seats SIN to SYD from the 1st to the 10th Jan, and also none to any other capital city. Don't believe this, so ring Aus line again who confirm seat availability but can't book a one way flight out of BOM. Back to Krisflyer to ask about options for cancelling altogether. Anyway in the end I booked and paid for all new flights (there were seats available) and cancelled the remainnig redemption booking. All up this took several hours today, and I nearly threw the laptop off the balcony a few times!

I love SQ and we go out of our way to fly with them, and am happy to pay extra to do so, but today was infuriating. Maybe there are logistics or systems issues behind it all but from the customer interface, to have all these mixed messages and to be redirected all over the shop was just beyond belief! It seems crazy to me that I can be on the phone to SQ reservations in SIN and they can't book certain flights!

Rant over ....

Someone can probably say a lot more, but after a very brief read it seems the tickets point of sale was an issue.

SIN-SYD might have been shown as unavailable because your ticket was being purchased in Bombay, which chances are that is is a lower yielding tickets then from other places like Sydney or Singapore where they are likely to have a higher yield, so they appeared sold out in Bombay.

It is about the Point of Sale, and if you wait long enough, if the seats from Singapore to Sydney don't go to higher yielding passengers, they will eventually allow it from the lower yielding countries

Comment

Working...
    X