Seat Change without Consent/Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC* View Post
    I just found out that MI had my reserved seats changed and even removed without notification! Never happened to me before.

To make matters worse - they separated up the people in my group!

So this is not just with SQ - or has some habits rubbed off?
    Someone told me there is no guarantee on the reserved seats....
    visit my blog

Comment

Even with your boarding pass printed out with your desired seat number indicated might not mean you get your seat.

It's a FIRST for me when on my recent BCN-SIN flight that I was stopped at the gate when boarding. My boarding pass was taken away from me this is how it looked like when a VVVVVIP wants your seat.

Comment

Originally posted by cmy View Post
        It's a FIRST for me when on my recent BCN-SIN flight that I was stopped at the gate when boarding. My boarding pass was taken away from me this is how it looked like when a VVVVVIP wants your seat.
        Am curious who that TIP was.

Comment

wow.... interesting stories. didn't realise the sq page on facebook is also full of complaints. will look at those when I got more free time. apparently i am not alone after all. I am shocked that this even happened in first class. Well, I remembered being stopped once at the boarding pass, but back then they teared up my economy class boarding pass and replaced it with written raffles class boarding pass on SIN-LHR.

I now keep monitoring the seat assignments every single night. So far, no re-reassignment.

Comment

It happens and we all hate it. If you really want to get nasty (e.g. cmy's example from F) and have a flex ticket with luggage checked then you can tell them 15mins before door closing to unload your luggage as you can't make the flight and need to fly later. They will have to locate and unload your luggage and it will be a big issue so late in the process.

Drastic step and they may try to get nasty about it, but I did it once with LH on a fully flexible B-Eco fare when they gave away my Emergency exit row seat (as LH SEN) for FRA-SIN to a crew members boyfriend and gave me middle seat in a row of 4 - Danke. I had overheard the conversation the LH folks had had at the gate and they didin't quite get I am German and can understand them.

I complained to the flight manager who was not really aware of it and not happy with the move by the gate agent. So I got a middle seat in the last row of C and couldn't complain at all. But it may not go that smoothly and you should be ready not to fly then. Your call, but only for extreme cases (like 13hrs in Y in a middle seat on LH ).

Comment

Working...
            X