Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ webpage ex-ARN not working!!! -- What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ webpage ex-ARN not working!!! -- What to do?

I am trying to book tickets ARN-SIN-SYD return, with a stopover in SIN, but everytime I get halfway through the booking this comes up:
    "An application error occurred. Please contact your local Singapore Airlines office"

The local office in CPH offered me a ticket at a much higher price and not the flights I found on the webpage.

I really want to book on the webpage.

What can I do???

I was able to select flights, select seats and get to the payment page for a ARNSIN/SINSYD/SYDSINLHRARN itinerary in November which gave a fare of SEK16582. Perhaps you can try again later as it may have been a temporary error.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      I also tried to make a dummy booking in Nov. without any problems.
      It seems that the problem is flights SIN-SYD that are the problem on certain dates in december. I think its irritating that you can choose these flights when you start the booking, but after you have filled in the passenger details it says "Application error".
      Do you think that SQ should be repsonsible for this error and should arrange these tickets for us via their local office?

Comment

Yes, just grab a screenshot of the web price and call them and explain the situation. Unless for some reason the web price is in error, they should be able to honour it.

Comment

I sometimes get this problem too and it always occur when its multi-city booking. And isn't it frustrating, because the multi-city booking requires you to key in everything all over again, painstakingly!!!

The most recent example was MNL-SFO with stopover in Singapore both ways. What I did was to then do a dummy booking and check the pricing without stopover. It so happened to be about the same as with stopover. And the ticket conditions say that it allows for a stopover both ways for free. With that, I then booked MNL-SFO return, just to avoid the problem with the website and to lock in the price I want. Then I email SIA and tell them to ammend my reservation and add in the stopover. Since the ticket conditions allow for stopover, I end up booking the multi-city flight I want, while avoiding the website breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
            I sometimes get this problem too and it always occur when its multi-city booking. And isn't it frustrating, because the multi-city booking requires you to key in everything all over again, painstakingly!!!

The most recent example was MNL-SFO with stopover in Singapore both ways. What I did was to then do a dummy booking and check the pricing without stopover. It so happened to be about the same as with stopover. And the ticket conditions say that it allows for a stopover both ways for free. With that, I then booked MNL-SFO return, just to avoid the problem with the website and to lock in the price I want. Then I email SIA and tell them to ammend my reservation and add in the stopover. Since the ticket conditions allow for stopover, I end up booking the multi-city flight I want, while avoiding the website breakdown.
            Thanks for the advice, interesting. I am not sure if I dare use your method since we are flying over Christmas and its so fully booked.
            Maybe they cant change the booking and arrange a stopover?
            I have now made a booking via the CPH-office, but not totally happy with the price, its a little bit higher than the web price.
            The other thing is that we didnt get exactly flights we wanted and are on a waitinglist on one of the flights but they say we have to pay for the tickets tomorrow.
            What happens if you have paid for a ticket and still want them to put you on a waiting list?
            Is it possible?
            We have booked the Fullt Flexy fare.

Comment

I would like to send some feedback to the webmaster of SQ, since its impossible to book 5 persons flying from ARN.
              I filled in the feedback from on SQ´s homepage, but that was just forwarded to the CPH-office.
              Has anyone been in contact with SQ regarding their webpage?

Comment

Originally posted by crl View Post
                Has anyone been in contact with SQ regarding their webpage?
                Just about every one of their pax, and their mother.

Comment

Working...
                X