SQ2/1 schedule for Winter 2012/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ2/1 schedule for Winter 2012/13

It has all changed according to SQ's website since a few months back..

SQ2 SIN 5:50pm HKG 9:45pm (3 hours and 55 minutes)
    SQ2 HKG 11:40pm SFO 8:45pm/7:45pm (12 hours and 5 minutes)

SQ1 SFO 11:50pm/10:50pm HKG 5:50pm (15 hours)
    SQ1 HKG 8:00am SIN 12:00pm (4 hours)

In December, they're introducing the A380 on this route until March. Even though til that time it's a 77W, why are they increasing the transit time though with the 77W? Makes no sense. They should've kept the old one til the day the A380 arrives.

On the other hand, the departure time from SFO has changed from 1:05am/12:05am to 11:50pm/10:50pm instead. Have they done this in the past?? And SQ is not the only one doing this. CX is also doing this as well with their redeye flight departure from SFO.

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    On the other hand, the departure time from SFO has changed from 1:05am/12:05am to 11:50pm/10:50pm instead. Have they done this in the past?? And SQ is not the only one doing this. CX is also doing this as well with their redeye flight departure from SFO.
    Yes, CI 003 SFO-TPE is also timed to depart at a little past 0:00 hrs midnight this month compared to 01:20 departure time last month
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Alright. How about Eva Air? Besides, there's one good thing about it....Winterwise, if I was flying these routes, at least I could get to sleep right away than strain my eyes for boarding and watching the plane take off from the window and sleep when I am tired enough to.

Summerwise could bring out the same benefits, but just at an hour later, which shouldn't hurt. I think it's better than starting boarding time at 12:50am (Summer) when your eyes are already ready to go to sleep comfortably. Winterwise, similar, but a bit better. But I kind of like this schedule better.

I don't mind the new schedule, just with the 77W, it makes more sense to spend a bit less time on the ground in HKG. Like why would you want to keep 2 hours of transit in HKG? Sure, maybe you can arrive a bit late from SFO (not everyday obviously), but it takes less an hour to make it through security and reaching the gate. Been on 2 hour layovers in HK only on the Summer schedule. November 2010, was only 1.5 hours, which was more than enough. If it was an A380 scheduled on Sunday, it would make sense to keep that time slot, because it's a bigger aircraft and you'd have to allow more time for cleanup and slightly earlier boarding time.

Comment

Alright. How about Eva Air? Besides, there's one good thing about it....Winterwise, if I was flying these routes, at least I could get to sleep right away than strain my eyes for boarding and watching the plane take off from the window and sleep when I am tired enough to
        I'm pretty sure BR is in there too since I've seen their SFO flight on the departure monitors at TPE. I think their flight leaves before CI. On arrival, I only see a PR 744 or 343 next to whom we are typically parked.

My CI 004 landed at 19:15 this month with strong tail winds preceeded by an initial descent over beautiful sunset skies.

Comment

Yeah, so basically all Asian airlines that are scheduled to leave at 12am/1am are scheduled to leave earlier now instead of their redeye time?

Comment

Well that's quite a long transit time for a flight of the same number
            I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

It has all changed according to SQ's website since a few months back..

SQ2 SIN 5:50pm HKG 9:45pm (3 hours and 55 minutes)
              SQ2 HKG 11:40pm SFO 8:45pm/7:45pm (12 hours and 5 minutes)

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
              Well that's quite a long transit time for a flight of the same number
              I think the SQ1 arrival in HKG is meant to be at 5:50 AM . So the transit time is actually pretty standard, almost identical to the previous times I've taken this flight.

Comment

Yeah, so basically all Asian airlines that are scheduled to leave at 12am/1am are scheduled to leave earlier now instead of their redeye time?
                Looks like it. From a quick look on the SFO website, as of the second week of November, both CI, BR, and PR redeye departures are scheduled to leave an hour and a half earlier compared to the summer schedule, around midnight, but in the case of CI and BR, still showing a scheduled arrival at TPE around the 06:00 am mark

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                  I think the SQ1 arrival in HKG is meant to be at 5:50 AM . So the transit time is actually pretty standard, almost identical to the previous times I've taken this flight.
                  Yeah, I meant 5:50am. I didn't mean to really do that. Stuff happens.

But no kidding, it's a long transit time to some extent. 2 hours is fine.

And wow, yeah, true, as I said CX is also adjusting their redeye as well.

Comment

Um...this is to reflect our return to Standard Time.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      Um...this is to reflect our return to Standard Time.
                      That makes sense. Daylight Savings Time ends on the first Sunday of November this year which is Nov November 4th

Comment

Sorry SQ Fanatic but I do not really understand the point of this thread.

As certain countries adjust their clocks, flight schedules are adjusted accordingly. It applies to all carriers not just SQ1/2

Comment

Working...
                        X