A380 or 777-300ER Screens and more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 or 777-300ER Screens and more.

Planning a trip, Stockholm-Sydney sith a stopover i SIN.

Trying to choose between:
    FRA-SIN 777-300ER
    LHR-SIN A380

Via FRA is more convenient.

Are there any differences beween the two aircrafts in economy:
    Personal screen size
    Pitch
    Comfortable seats
    Other things?

The screens and entertainment systems are identical as are the tray tables and seats, so from the point of view of your own little section of space, then no, there is nothing different at all.

The biggest difference would be the layout and size of the craft and some travellers have their own personal little things they like about certain spots in each plane. Long-running discussion threads have been dedicated to this exact topic.

Personally I prefer the 777-300ER, but I'm not anti-A380. The 300ER is 9 across instead of 10-across in economy, is usually quicker to board and alight for economy passengers and definitely has a better toilet-per-passenger ratio in economy. If the A380 was a more convenient flight, I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid it though, as you are pretty much getting the same product in economy.

Some passengers like the A380 upper-deck economy, but increasingly it is getting harder to select seats in it as they don't offer it when you book, even on flights that are supposed to not be the all-business upper-deck.

If you are flying as a group of four, the A380 would be nice as you could select a row in the middle instead of one person by themselves, otherwise I'd go with the 777-300ER, especially if it's more convenient.

Comment

I don't think there is much difference. I flew it in Economy once, on a crowded lower deck - there is no difference with 77W Y class in terms of comfort etc.

I suggest you pick based on schedule.

But do bear in mind that if both are also full flights, it's better to go with the 77W on account of more pleasant and relaxed check-in, embarking, disembarking, and luggage collection. I saw really really long queues for a full A380 flight - Lucky I don't have to be part of that queue even when I fly economy.
      Last edited by SQueeze; 26 October 2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

In Y, the biggest diff is at customs & baggage collection. The 77W has almost 200 less pax that you need to wait for

Comment

Both seat designs are similar, but the A380s have 1 more inch of seat pitch. Not too much of a difference if you are not too concerned with seat pitch.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I think we will try to go with the 77, since its more convenient via FRA flying from ARN. We are a group of five and flying over the holidays, so the flights are probably going to be pretty fully booked.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              In Y, the biggest diff is at customs & baggage collection. The 77W has almost 200 less pax that you need to wait for
              i can't agree more. Unless one has priority tags, one better be prepared for a long wait at the carousel.

Comment

Working...
              X