Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    HS-TNB! The 'special' one

"The 60th Anniversary Celebrations of His Majesty's Accession to the Throne"
    Oh, so it was the A340-600, "Saraburi." I took that same aircraft from ZRH and I was in economy. I was "lucky" to be seated on the port-side economy area with the reduced pitch in comparison to the rest of the economy seats.

By the way, I have to say that among the TG fleet, I think the A340-500s are not as well-maintained as the rest of the fleet. For one, the mood lighting isn't working on all of them. IFEs go bust every now and then, and seats look very tired in comparison to the rest of the fleet. I think it is because they were anticipating the sale of the four aircraft some years ago. Only a scrapping company was interested and they decided to keep them.

Be careful of HS-TLD, supposedly the youngest A345! IFE usually isn't working! Airconditioning is very cold. I hope they fixed the problems already.

Comment

Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
      By the way, I have to say that among the TG fleet, I think the A340-500s are not as well-maintained as the rest of the fleet.
      The more seasoned 744's not withstanding, right

Comment

Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
        Oh, so it was the A340-600, "Saraburi." I took that same aircraft from ZRH and I was in economy. I was "lucky" to be seated on the port-side economy area with the reduced pitch in comparison to the rest of the economy seats.

By the way, I have to say that among the TG fleet, I think the A340-500s are not as well-maintained as the rest of the fleet. For one, the mood lighting isn't working on all of them. IFEs go bust every now and then, and seats look very tired in comparison to the rest of the fleet. I think it is because they were anticipating the sale of the four aircraft some years ago. Only a scrapping company was interested and they decided to keep them.

Be careful of HS-TLD, supposedly the youngest A345! IFE usually isn't working! Airconditioning is very cold. I hope they fixed the problems already.
        Think I better stick to SQ / CX then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
          The more seasoned 744's not withstanding, right
          Well, actually I should have said, among their "modern" fleet. They still have some prehistoric birds, you know.

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
          Think I better stick to SQ / CX then.
          It is not really that bad. I mean we're talking about better seat width/ pitch, food, and priority boarding here, even without the IFE and fancy comforter. HS-TLC and -TLA on my last trip were okay. So was -TLB. It's only -TLD which is the rotten one but this was mid-2009.

Personally, I would take my chances flying PE on TG rather than CX, not only for the Star miles, but mainly because I don't like what I'm hearing about CX. If you get the older aircraft, you get the occasional water-dripping-down-the-ceiling. If you get the new one, you'll get the non-reclining-slouch-forward seats.

So I guess that leaves you with the 32" pitch of SQ Y, if you were to avoid both.

Comment

Hi all,

Sitting here at the TG lounge in concourse C. My flight to LAX has been delayed by 3.5 hours. Am I entitled to any compensation from TG for such a long delay?

Comment

Really? 3.5hrs and you're looking for compensation

Comment

Guess not then. Just checking cos I missed my connection but on a separate ticket. I guess I will take it up with my travel insurance then.

Comment

Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
                  Guess not then. Just checking cos I missed my connection but on a separate ticket. I guess I will take it up with my travel insurance then.
                  Were your bags tagged all the way through?

Last time I had a serious delay with TG, they rebooked me on a different routing and took care of all my connections. Then again, all original flights were on one ticket, and this was to Europe.

But on my last two US flights with TG, they always tagged my bags through to my final destination even though the domestic tickets were separate.

Comment

Working...
                  X