Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    It's been said before in many threads- they don't seem to know what to do with the A380s. It's also made worse by having a bunch of them configured differently. Either they have too many J seats or not enough, and the same for Y cabins.

They seem to work fairly well on long haul destinations where passengers will accept that there are only a one or two timeslots you could possibly schedule a flight, but on regional to mid-haul, passengers don't want to wait 5 hours for an A380, they want a smaller plane that's leaving now. Smaller planes can also be juggled around more easily, whereas so often when A380s fly shorter routes, one of the pair of flights is full because the A380 is there to soak up demand at a peak time, but in the opposite direction it flies half empty because the timeslot is of much lower demand, but they need to keep the big whale in circulation in order for it to remain economically viable instead of sitting on a tarmac waiting for a gate lounge to fill up.
    But they may not have a choice when it comes to airports with limited landing slots (DEL, BOM, PEK).

Comment

• Does anyone have updates on the new config 77WN's flying to/from LHR?

Are these still exclusively on SQ318/319 or are some of the other 77W flights also operated by the new equipment?

Appreciate any advice on how to maximize the odds of scoring the new equipment to LHR in late Oct/early Nov!

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        Does anyone have updates on the new config 77WN's flying to/from LHR?

Are these still exclusively on SQ318/319 or are some of the other 77W flights also operated by the new equipment?

Appreciate any advice on how to maximize the odds of scoring the new equipment to LHR in late Oct/early Nov!
        Yes, yflyer, 318/9 is your best bet and they look pretty certain to be flying U, V and W. I've done about 4 flights on SQ319 this year, and they've all been 77WNs. All the best!

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          Yes, yflyer, 318/9 is your best bet and they look pretty certain to be flying U, V and W. I've done about 4 flights on SQ319 this year, and they've all been 77WNs. All the best!
          Thanks, CarbonMan! 4 LHR flights on 77WNs this year...wow, that's a good run!

Comment

• The three 77WNs spend much less time in the air than the other 77Ws, but they still don't cover all 318/9 and 637/8 flights. SWY appears to be arriving soon as it has shown up on some databases around the net. I'm hoping when it does arrive, it might give some other destinations a chance at experiencing one of the few new interiors in the fleet which is now over a year old.

Has anyone heard anything about a commencement date for refitting the SWA-T series? I thought it might have begun by now.

Comment

• 9V-SWY is now showing up on a variety of databases on the net.

It appears it may have performed a test flight in the last 24 hours.

Managed to find this photo that somebody snapped:
              https://flightaware.com/photos/view/...t/votes/page/1

Comment

• And another:

http://paineairport.com/kpae10747.htm

Yesterday was its maiden flight according to a couple of sources.

Comment

And another:

http://paineairport.com/kpae10747.htm

Yesterday was its maiden flight according to a couple of sources.
                  The GE90 sure is a gorgeous engine.

Comment

• Thanks, CarbonMan and SQ228, for the pointers -- appreciated! I booked SQ318 and got the new equipment (9V-SWV).

The new Y product is superb...best I have flown. Took pics of the J cabin while boarding...looks even better in real life than the pictures.

Best of all, inflight internet is time-based on this aircraft...USD21.95 for the full flight duration.

Comment

Thanks, CarbonMan and SQ228, for the pointers -- appreciated! I booked SQ318 and got the new equipment (9V-SWV).

The new Y product is superb...best I have flown. Took pics of the J cabin while boarding...looks even better in real life than the pictures.

Best of all, inflight internet is time-based on this aircraft...USD21.95 for the full flight duration.
                      Thanks for the info!

I'm really looking forward to the new Y experience, but NRT and LHR aren't on my list at present. I've got 10 77W flights booked between now and next July and have my fingers crossed that either MEL, FRA or MUC might get a chance by then.

9V-SWA has been out of action for a while now. Please let it be for a refit!!

Comment

Thanks, CarbonMan and SQ228, for the pointers -- appreciated! I booked SQ318 and got the new equipment (9V-SWV).

Comment

• The last 3 SQ306 SIN-LHR flights have been on the new metal, according to Flightradar. Fingers crossed this is accurate, and an intentional ramp up
                          Last edited by mrwp2000; 30 October 2014, 07:39 AM. Reason: Hyperlink corrected

Comment

• Originally posted by mrwp2000 View Post
                            The last 3 SQ306 SIN-LHR flights have been on the new metal, according to Flightradar. Fingers crossed this is accurate, and an intentional ramp up
                            I kept wondering how this could possibly be happening. NRT requires one plane and the two LHR flights worked together requires 3, which totals 4, 1 more than they currently have.

Then I found the reason: SQ318/9 is only operating on Fri/Sat/Sun from Oct25-Nov21, thus freeing up a lot of 77WN during the week.

Perhaps it indicates that when they get the 4th plane which isn't far off now, they will use it to then fully work all NRT & LHR 77W flights. It might even arrive in time for SQ318/9 returning to full-time status.

Comment

I kept wondering how this could possibly be happening. NRT requires one plane and the two LHR flights worked together requires 3, which totals 4, 1 more than they currently have.

Then I found the reason: SQ318/9 is only operating on Fri/Sat/Sun from Oct25-Nov21, thus freeing up a lot of 77WN during the week.

Perhaps it indicates that when they get the 4th plane which isn't far off now, they will use it to then fully work all NRT & LHR 77W flights. It might even arrive in time for SQ318/9 returning to full-time status.
                              Thanks, and well spotted on SQ318

Am now looking much more forward to my J redemption on SQ306 next week.

Comment

• SWY has been on another Boeing flight (VCV-PAE). SWZ has also been added to Planespotters as 'on order', but I'm unsure of the source of that information.

Meanwhile, SWA has been out of service for 4 weeks now. Could this be the first cabin refit??

Comment

Working...
                                X