Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
    I'd post pictures if I knew how to ...
    Jonleong, post the pic onto picasaweb.google.com. To do that all you need is a Google ID. Once you've uploaded it, right click on the pic itself and on the resulting menu, choose "Copy image URL"

Come back to your SQT post and click on the pic icon and paste the URL in the pop up link address field. Looking forward to the pics.

Comment

• Thanks CarbonMan! Photos added

Comment

• Advise for BTC - Taipei

Hi all, any top 2 recommendations for BTC ex-Taipei please?

Beef tournedo on red wine sauce topped with crab meat ragout

Cod fillet with citrus saffron cream sauce

"Sanbei" mushroom in lotus leaf served with vegetables and pearl barley rice

Superior soup noodle with shrimp and pork wanton

Grilled pork fillet with apple balsamic sauce

Steamed prawn with chopped garlic and scallion

Cajun spiced chicken breast with salad

Taiwanese style braised beef noodle soup

Seared lamb loin with jus

Pasta ai frutti di mare

Teochew braised duck with condiment

Grilled cod fish fillet and sweet peppers with teriyaki sauce

Comment

• I had the Lobster Thermidor ex-SiN and it was good. Not too heavy and the sauce creamy enough without too much flour/ starch added to thicken the sauce.

Ordering BTC is definitely a good idea on those past midnight departures to Japan or so (mine was to KIX) where you get only one reduced meal served they call light supper that still comes either after take off or before landing.

My only gripe had nothing to do with the quality of the food, but the meal timing. They started waking people up almost 3hrs before touch down which was excessively early for my taste on a flight where you can only grab 5hrs of sleep anyways. Ticked me off a bit so next time I'll just skip any meals and go for more sleep.
          Last edited by demue; 20 October 2014, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
            My only gripe had nothing to do with the quality of the food, but the meal timing. They started waking people up almost 3hrs before touch down which was excessively early for my taste on a flight where you can only grab 5hrs of sleep anyways. Ticked me off a bit so next time I'll just skip any meals and go for more sleep.
            SQ could improve their timing for meals on many flights and give their passengers more time to rest.

For short overnight flights, I usually order the Cajun Chicken Salad and reserve that for breakfast. As it doesn't need any pre-heating, the crew has a lot more flexibility in terms of timing.

In First Class, they are usually good to serve after the captain made his announcement that descend has started which is 40 minutes into arrival. In Business Class, that's cutting it a bit short but you can still start having your meal 60 minutes before touch down.

Comment

• Agree on the timings in general. To me it was midflight at 2hrs45mins. WT* is what I wanted to shout when being woken. It was an A330 about 3/4 full in C so this was just an overzealous crew trying to get ready early. Will express my opinion most tactfully to SQ after I get back. Even in a Y seat I would have managed 3 bloody hours of sleep and didn't need Biz for that.

BTW, they served Bauer Sahneyoguhrt for breakfast. Haha, tasty and haven't had that one in years. Beats the crap out of Marigold or even Meiji for sure.

Comment

• Is kyo-kaiseki the same as Japanese Meal under breakfast?

Comment

• No, it isn't. Kyo-Kaiseki is the full-blown menu.

Comment

• How far ahead does KF allow you select BTC options if your redemption flight is in 7 months?

Comment

• Originally posted by sabian View Post
                      How far ahead does KF allow you select BTC options if your redemption flight is in 7 months?
                      As soon as you make your flight booking

Comment

• Does anyone have any recommendations ex-CDG in J?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          As soon as you make your flight booking
                          Thanks.

I have a J redemption flight to BNE in Nov and when I clicked on the button for meal selection, it prompted me to call KF.

Comment

• Spoke to KF. Seems my flight (early Nov) is too far out for me to select BTC. Was advised to try to selecting within a month of departure.

Comment

• Any recommendations for BTC ex-LHR in J?

Comment

• SQ's new F BTC menu ex-PEK, apparently since April 2015, looking forward to try it soon!

Western
                                Herb Crusted Lamb Loin in thyme jus
                                Fine Mongolian Lamb flavoured with herbs and Dijon mustard. Served with fresh seasonal garden vegetables and creamy gratin potatoes.

Ricotta Spinach Ravioli In Sun-dried Tomato Sauce With Walnut Pesto
                                Home-made Ravioli stuffed with Ricotta spinach. Served with sun-dried tomato sauce and freshly-made walnut pesto, topped with Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil.

Salmon fillet in Champagne sauce with seasonal vegetables
                                Imported Salmon Tranche from Norway in a mousseline sauce made with French Champagne Wine, served with steamed turned potatoes and fresh seasonal garden vegetables.

Egg white Omelette with herbs
                                Nest fresh egg whites with grilled chicken sausage and oven-roasted potatoes tossed in Olive oil and Rosemary, served with Tomato sauce.

Chinese
                                Beef noodles soup served with Chinese greens
                                Braised beef shank with beef soup served with wheat noodles and Chinese greens, following the style of traditional Northern China cuisine.

“Lion Head” Pork Meatballs
                                "Lion head" pork meatballs, served with egg fried rice and vegetables, following the style of traditional Chinese Beijing cuisine.

Beijing-style Barbecued Pork spare ribs with egg noodles
                                Beijing Style Barbecued pork-ribs cooked with sweet and sour sauce, accompanied with mustard leaves and egg noodles.

Szechuan style Mandarin Fish in garlic-bamboo sauce
                                Mandarin fish served in a spicy sauce with roasted garlic and young bamboo. Accompanied with fragrant steamed rice and stir-fried Chinese vegetables

Congee with Cod fish, Chinese cruller and garnishes
                                Congee cooked with organic jasmine rice, with cod fish, Spring Onion, Shallot rusks, Ginger Julienne, Chinese Cruller and Light Soya Sauce, following the style of traditional Southern China cuisine.

Braised beancurd roll with noodles and leafy greens
                                Homemade Beancurd skin roll in braised sauce with leafy greens, black mushroom and stir fried noodles.

Cod fillet with pine nuts and wolfberry sauce
                                Cod Fish fillet served in herbal sauce with pine nuts and wolfberry. Accompanied with fragrant fried rice and stir-fried Chinese vegetables. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Zhu Jun.

Singaporean
                                Singapore Laksa Noodles
                                Rice noodles in “Laksa” soup made with spices and coconut milk. Served with prawns, boiled egg, fish tofu, and fried beancurd, accompanied by parsley and bean sprouts.

Nasi Lemak with Sambal Chilli Prawns
                                Fragrant jasmine rice cooked with coconut milk, accompanied by spicy Sambal prawns, egg omelette, completed with fried anchovies, peanut, and cucumber condiments. Popular traditional Singapore Malay dish.

Braised Smoked Duck Rice
                                Lightly smoked duck braised in soy sauce, served with yam rice. Accompanied with braised peanuts, herbal tea boiled egg and homemade tangy chilli sauce.

Singapore Hainanese Chicken rice
                                Poached chicken, sliced and served on long-grain rice cooked in chicken broth. Accompanied by flavourful chicken soup, along with condiments - dark soya sauce, tangy ginger, and fresh chilli sauce.

Roti Prata served with spicy chicken curry
                                Roti Prata, served with spicy chicken curry. Popular traditional Singapore Indian dish.

Comment

Working...
                                X