No announcement yet.

Star Gold status for only 20,000 miles with Aegean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually wanted to start A3 FFP due to the easy Gold requirements. However since the new changes will take effect in November, I have decided to credit mileage to OZ instead. 40k miles in years is probably doable for a leisure traveler like me.
    Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

• So what is the next best after the change? still agean? btw what is OZ?

Comment

• Originally posted by slepland View Post
        So what is the next best after the change? still agean? btw what is OZ?
        OZ = Asiana Airlines.

TK isn't too bad either, 40,000 to qualify than 25,000 to re-qualify thereafter.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirCanada881 View Post
          OZ = Asiana Airlines.

TK isn't too bad either, 40,000 to qualify than 25,000 to re-qualify thereafter.
          Ic. Thanks. Read the staralliance website. TK 25,000 to requalify if within one year.

In short, airline / qualify / requalify / validity
          Aegean / 48,000 / 24,000 / yearly renewal
          Turkish / 40,000 / 37,500 / 2 years
          Asiana / 40,000 / 40,000 / 2 years

Comment

• Changes to Aegean Miles & Bonus

For those of you who were / are interested or haven't heard, Aegean is introducing some changes relevant to attaining and retaining the Gold Status in November 2014.

Attaining:

Gold Card

24,000 miles within 12 months (including at least 4 Aegean or Olympic Air flights) or a total of 48,000 miles, regardless of which airline you choose to fly with

Retaining:

12,000 miles within 12 months (including at least 4 Aegean or Olympic Air flights) or a total of 24,000 miles, regardless of which airline you choose to fly with

http://www.newmilesandbonus.com/en/#milesbonus-tiers

Comment

• Already here.

Comment

• Rather bemused to find a new A3 Gold card in the post, valid until January 2016. I have never put a single mile to the account so didn't think they would send me another.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Rather bemused to find a new A3 Gold card in the post, valid until January 2016. I have never put a single mile to the account so didn't think they would send me another.
                  All golds as of 24/11/2014 got an extension automatically. Your new qualifying period ends 24/11/2015, with your card expiring some 2 months after.

The real culling of golds occurs 1 Feb 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    All golds as of 24/11/2014 got an extension automatically. Your new qualifying period ends 24/11/2015, with your card expiring some 2 months after.

The real culling of golds occurs 1 Feb 2016
                    I haven't seen mine yet, but isn't status good for 3 years? I dumped some UA flights their way in 2014. Shouldn't I be good until 2017?
                    HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      I haven't seen mine yet, but isn't status good for 3 years? I dumped some UA flights their way in 2014. Shouldn't I be good until 2017?
                      Not anymore
                      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                        Not anymore
                        Just logged in. Saw that I'm only good until the end of this year.

Is that correct? Something tells me it should be longer as my credited flights were before the changes were implemented.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          Just logged in. Saw that I'm only good until the end of this year.

Is that correct? Something tells me it should be longer as my credited flights were before the changes were implemented.
                          That is correct.

Nobody has status beyond Jan 2016 anymore. Doesn't matter that you did in 2014 - as long as you were gold ON 24/11/2014 - you were given gold till 24/11/2015+2 months, with a qualification period ending 24/11/2015.

What matters is the period 24/11/2014-24/11/2015 now. Requalify , and you'll have status till Jan 2017.

What happened in 2014 is only of consequence to those who weren't already gold

Comment

• post deleted
                            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              That is correct.

Nobody has status beyond Jan 2016 anymore. Doesn't matter that you did in 2014 - as long as you were gold ON 24/11/2014 - you were given gold till 24/11/2015+2 months, with a qualification period ending 24/11/2015.

What matters is the period 24/11/2014-24/11/2015 now. Requalify , and you'll have status till Jan 2017.

What happened in 2014 is only of consequence to those who weren't already gold
                              Ahhhh…thank you for clearing that up, SQFG! I never pay attention to that account -- just flipped it a few flights a year to insure it was still active.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• Mine was supposed to expire 12/15 so I got an extra month .

Comment

Working...
                                X