Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A|Club - The New Loyalty Program of Accor/Sofitel/Mercure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got an email tell me i'd get platinum as well (think my last stay in a sofitel was in warsaw, 2 yrs ago).

signed up and all that jazz and i'm still stuck with blue.. lets play the waiting game till end oct (doesn't really matter coz i'm already spg plat)..

Comment

Some of those who signed up early on now have their status showing correctly. So it does seem like 3-4 weeks from sign-up for the update to happen.

Comment

I don't know how, just received an e-mail stating that my membership now has been transferred completely to A|Club, and the level is Platinum. Checked on-line, and yes, it shows a Platinum level. Unfortunately, won't be able to take advantage of this elite level being grounded in this rainy city.

Comment

I got a "Classic" card just arrive in the mail yesterday and my status online is the same, so the BS about giving me Gold was just that, utter BS.

Comment

Just log into your account at the on-line feedback (on the A|Club website).

Explain that you got a Classic card, and you were told you were getting Gold. Wait about 3-4 weeks, a new card will come.

Same situation happened to me but they sorted it out fairly quickly (the process just takes some time).

I've already been getting complimentary upgrades upon check-in, and late checkouts also. So, it's nice to feel love from loyalty programs at a time when it seems cutbacks are the norm.

(Yes, it's not the simplest solution really, but it does work)

Comment

did that, got two emails to cust service, called cust service in auzzie spoke to a lovely thai lady who didn't help at all (but was very nice nonetheless).

i'm giving up on accor.

Comment

I'm using Accor less and less (I even stopped renewing my Advantage Plus membership that I've had in '07 last month) so I decided to cash out on all my A|Club points into KF miles.

Transaction on 3rd May has appeared in my Krisflyer account not 3 days later (it says they take up to 6 weeks on the website). Pleasant surprise indeed - a tiny notch up for A|Club, which I still maintain Gold-Plat status til 3Q this year. I do miss the location of the Pullman BKK, though.

Comment

Well BKK isn't exactly the best place to be at right now? LOL
                  Got my Plat card eventually but haven't spent a night in Accor for the past 2 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    lingua101: I agree - it's a very short walk from the Pullman and I've done it many times. But A|Club pushed me over the edge... if I go back, it will be for sentimental reasons at either property. In fact, my Accor A|Club status is about to expire to zero status on the 30th of November. As expected, my Novotel Suvarnabhumi stay also failed to credit back in August, and I bet the one I have on Christmas eve will also fail to credit. Accor's loyalty program has more holes in it than swiss cheese, frankly - it's suitable for the infrequent stayers or those who think 'Silver' is actually worth *something* when they pay for Advantage Plus... it doesn't suit my needs so I've essentially dumped it (sorry Gunnar Smithsen).

I had issues with my previous credit after staying at Sofitel Silom, took around 2 weeks to settle after they credit and deduct and credit again for unknown reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by cmy View Post
                      I had issues with my previous credit after staying at Sofitel Silom, took around 2 weeks to settle after they credit and deduct and credit again for unknown reasons.
                      when was that? I have no issue with the crediting since this April onward. My last stay at Sofitel Silom was Jan-2010. I think that time was still a bit delay. But since April-2010 onward, no issue. Stay in Mercure Bali, Pullman Bangkok, Arcadia Jakarta and just recently Ibis Tamarin Jakarta (check out last Sunday and saw the point has been credited by last night).

Anyway, I still short by 9 night to maintains my Gold after downgraded from Platinum last year. Was thinking to stay in Ibis Riverside for 9 nights to cover this. But I will probably won't do it.... Thinking to abundant them anyway....
                      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                        when was that? I have no issue with the crediting since this April onward. My last stay at Sofitel Silom was Jan-2010. I think that time was still a bit delay. But since April-2010 onward, no issue. Stay in Mercure Bali, Pullman Bangkok, Arcadia Jakarta and just recently Ibis Tamarin Jakarta (check out last Sunday and saw the point has been credited by last night).

Anyway, I still short by 9 night to maintains my Gold after downgraded from Platinum last year. Was thinking to stay in Ibis Riverside for 9 nights to cover this. But I will probably won't do it.... Thinking to abundant them anyway....
                        It was only in August this year. Waited for 3 weeks for the credit which never came and when I sent them an email, they promptly credit in and few days later deduct for unknown reasons and after i complained again, they reinstated the credits.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          lingua101: I agree - it's a very short walk from the Pullman and I've done it many times. But A|Club pushed me over the edge... if I go back, it will be for sentimental reasons at either property. In fact, my Accor A|Club status is about to expire to zero status on the 30th of November. As expected, my Novotel Suvarnabhumi stay also failed to credit back in August, and I bet the one I have on Christmas eve will also fail to credit. Accor's loyalty program has more holes in it than swiss cheese, frankly - it's suitable for the infrequent stayers or those who think 'Silver' is actually worth *something* when they pay for Advantage Plus... it doesn't suit my needs so I've essentially dumped it (sorry Gunnar Smithsen).
                          You're definitely not alone in your frustrations with A|Club or Advantage Plus Kyo, I have a hard time convincing my girlfriend and family to continue their Advantage Plus membership - mind you I point out the price difference in Thailand vs Australia and that seems to sway the argument in my favour - not my sad puppy dog eyes look

I can certainly make the most of the Advantage Plus program and could easily recover the cost associated with the program with 1 week stay in BKK - just simply spoiled for choice - and Lenotre simply has the best macaroons and other pastry items

There should also be an amalgamation of Accor Favorite Guest (European versrion of Advantage Plus) & Advantage Plus in the next year or so, which will make the program a little bit more inviting.

I also hope the improvements to A|Club continue to flow. Even for Front Desk staff it is the bane of their existence - A|Club this and A|Club that!

I woke up one morning and had 2 bowls of A|Club for breakfast! Ridiculous - I can usually barely finish one!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                            You're definitely not alone in your frustrations with A|Club or Advantage Plus Kyo, I have a hard time convincing my girlfriend and family to continue their Advantage Plus membership - mind you I point out the price difference in Thailand vs Australia and that seems to sway the argument in my favour - not my sad puppy dog eyes look

I can certainly make the most of the Advantage Plus program and could easily recover the cost associated with the program with 1 week stay in BKK - just simply spoiled for choice - and Lenotre simply has the best macaroons and other pastry items

There should also be an amalgamation of Accor Favorite Guest (European versrion of Advantage Plus) & Advantage Plus in the next year or so, which will make the program a little bit more inviting.

I also hope the improvements to A|Club continue to flow. Even for Front Desk staff it is the bane of their existence - A|Club this and A|Club that!

I woke up one morning and had 2 bowls of A|Club for breakfast! Ridiculous - I can usually barely finish one!

Gunnar, yeah. I think that's the problem with Accor in general. Too much brand. Too much loyalty program until their "own" people got confuse what is what.

I was an A-Club Platinum last year. But I was given late check out in KL and Jakarta was because I am a AdvantagePlus member (not because I am a A-Club Platinum). Surprise! Surprise!

One incident I had in VIE. I was requested a 4pm check out which was turn down as they said they were fully book. Then I requested for 2pm. They insisted 1pm. When I insisted they kept saying I can leave the luggage at concierge. Well that's beside the point right. At that time I was still A-Club Platinum. So I slammed the girl told her to check the record and talk to her Room Manager and get back to me on this matter.

[Not really sure if I was too harsh, but I think she is too much not even trying to accommodate me as I was a A-Club Platinum. Or perhaps she does not know what does it means]

I also really wanted to give give up this AdvantagePlus this year (this is my 6th years) after that Mercure Bali incident. But damn.... the sales girl sweet talk me and I cannot resist but to continue for another year!!
                            visit my blog

Comment

That's the other annoying thing - the late check-out arguments I was getting from the VIE and on rare occasion, the Pullman... standard VIE policy is to kick you out, doesn't matter what status you hold...

Comment

In all fairness, if the hotel is fully booked - the 4pm check out does not have to be accommodated...

Though in your defence lingua101 you did try and negotiate a 2pm extension - which, depending on a number of factors e.g your room type, expected arrival times of arriving guests etc could have been accommodated - did you in the end get your 4pm extension after your little tantrum?

What happened at Mercure Bali?

Comment

Working...
                                X