Kindly Recommend A Taipei Hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindly Recommend A Taipei Hotel

Am open to all suggestions about a nice Taipei hotel.

Since it's my first visit to Taiwan, I'm hoping to make it count.

Budget: $110 USD per night, but is flexible either way. This equates to 3,300 TWD (Taiwan Dollars) or SGD150 per night.

Don't need the best of the best, but any hotel partnered with Krisflyer would be great.

Planning for 20-23 June. (Friday - Monday)

Maybe taipeiflyer would be a good person to speak to, hmm..

I stayed in Sheraton Taipei just 2 weeks ago. A great hotel and was upgraded to a Junior Suite. The rate is higher than your budget at NTD 6,380 (inclusive of 10% tax)

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation there...

Always useful, to be sure... we'll see, but am after something with more value-for-money as I'll hardly be at the hotel.

Comment

i would strongly recommend the howard hotel. for your budget, it is a really nice hotel in a tremendous location, close to everything exciting. you can book rooms on howard-hotels.com.tw. right now, they offer a 3-night weekend package good for your stay for NT$11,200 (~3700NT/night).

Package includes:
        * Superior Room with complimentary 1 daily Buffet Breakfast
        * Complimentary welcome drink
        * Complimentary welcome fruits in room
        * Complimentary daily English or local newspaper
        * Free use of outdoor Swimming Pool(April-October)
        * Free use of Fitness Center

only bad side- i am pretty sure they are not partnered with KF.

Comment

That sounds quite good actually!

Thanks for the tip - will research its location but it sounds just about right!

No need for Krisflyer miles, I'll just charge to the Citi credit card and get miles that way if I pick this hotel...

If only they had a website that works properly with Firefox...

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
            i would strongly recommend the howard hotel. for your budget, it is a really nice hotel in a tremendous location, close to everything exciting. you can book rooms on howard-hotels.com.tw. right now, they offer a 3-night weekend package good for your stay for NT$11,200 (~3700NT/night).

Package includes:
            * Superior Room with complimentary 1 daily Buffet Breakfast
            * Complimentary welcome drink
            * Complimentary welcome fruits in room
            * Complimentary daily English or local newspaper
            * Free use of outdoor Swimming Pool(April-October)
            * Free use of Fitness Center
            Another alternative belonging to the same group: I tried the Howard International House for 1 night (in between my SPG stays at the Sheraton Taipei). The rate is about the rate u mentioned above. But, of course, room wise, it's nothing compared to the Sheraton

Still, a big steal for SPGers like me who want to maximize stays in a city by hopping around t

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              That sounds quite good actually!

Thanks for the tip - will research its location but it sounds just about right!

No need for Krisflyer miles, I'll just charge to the Citi credit card and get miles that way if I pick this hotel...

If only they had a website that works properly with Firefox...
              if you are having trouble using firefox, try this url:
              http://www.howard-hotels.com.tw/wwwh...11&HotelSn=162

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                Another alternative belonging to the same group: I tried the Howard International House for 1 night (in between my SPG stays at the Sheraton Taipei). The rate is about the rate u mentioned above. But, of course, room wise, it's nothing compared to the Sheraton

Still, a big steal for SPGers like me who want to maximize stays in a city by hopping around t
                alternatively YK@HKG, you can stay at the westin. they have a great hotel with a wonderful staff. i stayed there once and really enjoyed my time. you can bounce from sheraton to westin quite easily, as they are located not too far from one another.

Comment

alternatively YK@HKG, you can stay at the westin. they have a great hotel with a wonderful staff. i stayed there once and really enjoyed my time. you can bounce from sheraton to westin quite easily, as they are located not too far from one another.
                  I know...I was hesitating at that time because I had a pretty good rate with Howard Int House....so, I decided to save a few thousands NTD and splurge it on food instead

At first, I was thinking of Four Points at Sheraton, Chung Ho (in Ban Qiao district) but opted out because of location of the hotel (a bit remote). The rate is slightly higher than the Howard Plaza's.

I will try the Westin during my next trip to Taipei in December.

Comment

if you are having trouble using firefox, try this url:
                    http://www.howard-hotels.com.tw/wwwh...11&HotelSn=162

Thanks mate, still a bit messed-up, but I'll use IE for this hotel website. I won't book just yet as I haven't had much chance to do location research (will do that this weekend).

It does look suitable and another Taiwanese friend seemed surprised at the price (they reckoned the Howard Hotel would cost heaps more, and exclaimed that they thought it was *almost* a 5-star hotel).

Then again, the tastes of this individual may be quite different to my own, so I will check for more traveler reviews first before I make the final booking.

I also have to book on SQ first, which I have yet to do.

Comment

Where to stay in TPE?

Hi folks,

I'm going to be in Taipei from APR 4th to APR 9th. I haven't booked up any hotels yet and wanted to ask what hotels I should be looking for: I am not on any program so I don't exclusively stay at SPG property.

I want to be fairly central so that I can reach everything within a reasonable limit of time. I don't want to take 45 min subway trips till I am at Taipei 101 I just know I want to check the eslite bookstore in Taipei, the rest I have no clue about.

I previously stayed at the Howard Plaza and the hotel itself was okay. I will look at their prices again but if there's something better for less bucks, I am definitely in. I am not searching for all too expensive hotels, I am fine with not too good hotels if they are cheap - so in general, 80 Euros would be okay

Any help would be appreciated as always ... maybe a Taipei expert lurking around somewhere?

Flo
                      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I believe couple of answers had been given here.
                        Have fun in Taipei!

Oops one of the suggestion was Howard Plaza...
                        Last edited by SQ LPP; 2 February 2009, 11:59 PM.

Comment

I would recommend spending more and not going for the Howard if you can. The bed I had was literally 'split' between where your spine curves, the 'above spine curvature' bit higher and the 'below spine curvature' bit lower...

I suggest also reading the myriad of reviews on Tripadvisor as different hotels to suit different tastes.

Don't think there are any sheep hotels, though..

Then again, you did mention previously you found the Howard quite okay. It's not really close to Taipei 101 though.

Comment

Wasn't it like 2 stops with the subway? I've been there 3 years ago and my memory of Taipei is very blurred ... I caught a fever and had to stay in, so I did not see too much of TPE :/

The Howard Plaza was nice but I'd also go with a cheaper hotel... I don't really plan to stay inside my room too much anyway, so it doesn't really matter where I stay as long as I have a bed and a shower .... spending more than for the Howard Plaza would be acceptable if it's a good value, otherwise I don't really want to spend more
                            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
                              I caught a fever and had to stay in, so I did not see too much of TPE :/
                              Flo, you seem to have a fever very often?!

Comment

Working...
                              X