Reviews of Starwood hotels - Mainland China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    It's funny eh? I dd not received any promo for double pints nor double stays.
    I don't think it was targetted. I didn't receive the promo by email or other means either. I simply visited spg.com/promo, entered my account number and it spat out the standard Q4 promo. 3 options: double stay/night credits; double points; and one other I can't remember. I also advised YK@HKG about it when he asked me about stay runs and he was able to rego.

Just look out for the 'new quarterly promo' threads on the Starwood forum in TOF periodically for the quarterly promos. Will also make it a point to post them here in future if not already posted.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 2 November 2007, 12:17 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

It's funny eh? I dd not received any promo for double pints nor double stays.
      As KeithMel mentioned, you need to register. The Q4 promo is specific in that it different depending on your SPG membership level.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
        As KeithMel mentioned, you need to register. The Q4 promo is specific in that it different depending on your SPG membership level.
        Right. It is not targeted in that everyone qualifies for a promo; if not one of the offers such as such as a choice of double stays and/or double points and/or stay x times get y points, then at least the "me too" promo. As SQFan mentioned, the options that are available other than the "me too" promo depend somewhat on your membership level. However, not all PLTs receive the same offers (same for GLD & GMs).

Comment

Thank you guys. But I logged into my SPG account and could not find the promo. Any help with the link?

Comment

Thank you guys. But I logged into my SPG account and could not find the promo. Any help with the link?
            www.spg.com/promo
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              Just entered my SPG number, and SPG doesn't love me.

This Starwood Preferred Guest promotion is unavailable.

We're sorry; you are not currently eligible for this Starwood Preferred Guest® promotion. Please visit SPG.com for other special offers and promotions.

SPG loves everyone but me.

Comment

Updates on my Run:
                Just came back from my 2X2=4 stays for this weekend, which makes it 7X2=14 stays and 11 stays left . Will be staying another night in Four Points Shenzhen next Saturday.

Still haven't made up my mind yet on which properties to stay in Shanghai...but besides the Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning (to get the 4000 bonus points), I might also include stays at the Sheraton Shanghai Hotel & Residences, Pudong (RMB 1050+15%) as well as splurging one night either the St Regis Hotel, Shanghai (RMB 1415+15%) or Le Royal Meridien Shanghai (RMB 1600+15%). My target is 3X2=6 stays for the Shanghai trip.

Comment

Thanks for the reviews so far. I , too, look forward to the Shanghai reports, since I am planing to travel there next year.
                  FLYGVA
                  Hotel and Trip Reports

Comment

Westin Guangzhou

Westin Guangzhou is a brand new SPG property just opened mid of this year. The location is pretty strategic too, just 10 mins walk from the Guangzhou-East train station (Tianhe area), where most of the HKG and Shenzhen travellers usually alight at. The hotel also has a shuttle bus to the train station to accomodate those going back to HKG. Tian He Stadium and some major malls are also within walking distance. One major drawback of the location is the traffic, which gets from bad to worse especially during peak hours and weekend.

The exterior looks:

I was stopped when I was about to take pics in the lobby Apparently, the hotel does not allow picture taking of the public areas.

Comment

I got a pretty good weekend rate at RMB860+15%, without breakfast. I was also upgraded to the Westin Executive Club Floor when I checked in (forgot which floor by now )

As expected, the interior of the room is very good and modern for a 5* hotel in China. I stayed at the famous White Swan Hotel (Bai Tian E Bing Guan) in the previous 2 nights and that hotel simply is outdated and does not match the tag of 5* status Westin Guangzhou is simply superior in almost every aspect

The hotel has a spa, swimming pool, gym, Italian Restaurant (Prego, at the top floor), Taste Restaurant, Hong Mian Chinese Restaurant, and lobby lounge (White Scent). I hope to try Prego in my next stay.

The Westin Heavenly Bed:

Samsung Flat-Screen TV:

Sofa:

Bath-tub:

Once again, I am a satisfied customer and will be back next week for another 1-2 nights at the Westin Guangzhou
                      Last edited by YK@HKG; 27 November 2007, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Due to some changes in plan, I cancelled my stay at the Four Points Shenzhen this week That means that I have 6 more stays to be completed in the next 3 weeks if I want to take advantage of the double-stay promo.

My trip to Shanghai is confirmed and I WILL STAY in 3 properties. The first two have been confirmed and mentioned in the earlier post:
                        15-17 Nov Four Points By Sheraton Shanghai, Daning @RMB688+15%
                        17-18 Nov Sheraton Shanghai Hotel & Residences, Pudong @ RMB1050+15%

18-19 Nov one of the following:
                        Four Points By Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong @ RMB800+15%
                        Sheraton Grand Tai Ping Yang Hotel, Shanghai @ RMB1100+15%
                        Le Royal Meridien Shanghai @ RMB1600+15%
                        St Regis Hotel, Shanghai @ RMB1660+15%

Comment

Completed my 3 stays in PVG and one note to KeithMEL and others who will be visiting PVG:
                          The Le Royal Meridien Shanghai in Nanjing Road is a great hotel! I didn't stay there this time round, but, had a chance to tour inside. It's also a landmark building that one can't miss in the busy shopping street, located just right in the middle! There's also a promotion going on: Explore Shanghai - Buy 4 nights and stay 5th night free! between 1 December 2007-24 February 2008!

I think I will stay there in my next trip to PVG.

Comment

So, just 5 stays left for my PLAT run and hopefully, it will be completed by end of this week. Have booked 2 nights at the Sheraton Dongguan and Westin Guangzhou and perhaps an extended night in Shenzhen.

Will post pics of the Four Points By Sheraton Shanghai, Daning and the Sheraton Shanghai Hotel & Residences later.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                              Completed my 3 stays in PVG and one note to KeithMEL and others who will be visiting PVG:
                              The Le Royal Meridien Shanghai in Nanjing Road is a great hotel! I didn't stay there this time round, but, had a chance to tour inside. It's also a landmark building that one can't miss in the busy shopping street, located just right in the middle! .
                              Cheers for that. And indeed I've booked the LM for the 2nd, 3rd and 5th nights of my stay.

Congrats in advance on the shiny new status!

Comment

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai

Some pics of the impressive Le Royal Meridien Shanghai. KeithMEL will probably post more reviews when he stays there next month

Comment

Working...
                                X