• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    LY81/82 (TLV-BKK-TLV)
    Thank you, that flight too!

Comment

SIA to launch Direct Flight to Israel

Singapore Airlines to launch direct flight to Israel

Singapore Airlines, one of the leading air companies in Asia, is expected to start direct flights from Singapore to Tel Aviv, Israel in summer 2017. Singapore has seen an increase in Israeli visitors in the recent years, considering its role as hub for the Far East and Australia. According to the Israel Airports Authority, Singapore Airlines has already submitted the request for landing at Ben Gurion airport starting from next summer. The news comes alongside the growth in routes from Tel Aviv to Beijing operated by Hainan Airlines, and expected launches to Shanghai, the rumored launch of flights by Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong, and interest in routes to Tokyo by All Nippon Airlines.

https://www.touristisrael.com/singap...el-aviv/19522/

Comment

Great for SQ! At least there's no competition from the ME3.

Comment

Just spotted this post by tourist Israel from another post.

https://www.touristisrael.com/singap...el-aviv/19522/

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15540

Comment

I really hope this materialises
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Looks like CX has beaten SQ to it.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...C&sf39920554=1

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                Just saw that as well...IIRC the same situation happened for Düsseldorf?
                A follow up question: How saturated is HKG's spots? CX have been aggressive in opening destination in the last few years.

Comment

I will safely assume this route will open with the A350 like CX is doing.

Comment

It would appear that some of the experts around here are very concerned re SQ flying to TLV . You can all be rest assured that SQ planners have checked all their flight routes and market potential etc. , and have reached their conclusions without your assistance . Check back in a year to see how many weekly flights SQ will have . CX is starting with 4 .
                    Have a good flight .

Comment

Israel's PM is expected to visit Singapore in mid February.. I think TLV will be announced then (if its still on the cards)

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...-feb-19-report

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                        Israel's PM is expected to visit Singapore in mid February.. I think TLV will be announced then (if its still on the cards)

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...-feb-19-report
                        The visit has already raised some feathers in Malaysian mdedia. With this country's economy slowly slipping under the weight of the 1MDB scandal, this issue might just become a political red herring for the govt to utilise.

Comment

CX fly to TLV because they said Tel Aviv have important role in China's so-called Belt and Road policy and the main purpose of this route is underbelly cargo capacity to transit items between HKG and TLV without stops.
                          Anyway, if SQ launch TLV, this route will deploy A350 exclusively, like CX.

Comment

CX is already selling tickets and marketing the route. When I was reading travel articles from an Australian news site a few days ago, there were already ads popping up everywhere. Given the bargain price CX were offering Y tickets at, I'm not surprised that they plan to make their money off cargo!

SQ's main advantage for Australia-Israel travel is that the route is more direct, but they will have to offer very attractive prices.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              CX is already selling tickets and marketing the route. When I was reading travel articles from an Australian news site a few days ago, there were already ads popping up everywhere. Given the bargain price CX were offering Y tickets at, I'm not surprised that they plan to make their money off cargo!

SQ's main advantage for Australia-Israel travel is that the route is more direct, but they will have to offer very attractive prices.
                              CX has first-mover advantage here. Would SQ still be interested in TLV?

Comment

Originally posted by aviwil View Post
                                It would appear that some of the experts around here are very concerned re SQ flying to TLV . You can all be rest assured that SQ planners have checked all their flight routes and market potential etc. , and have reached their conclusions without your assistance . Check back in a year to see how many weekly flights SQ will have .
                                See above, JumboJet Lover. We've been told they will be flying to TLV. Matter finalised!

Comment

Working...
                                X