Hotel(s) in Bali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel(s) in Bali

I have narrowed down my hotel choices in Bali to the Laguna Resort and Spa Nusa Dua(Starwood Property) and the Intercontinental. Though I am leaning towards the Intercontinental after reading reviews on different sites.
    The Four Season's would be nice but a little higher in price then what I am looking for.
    Some of you might remember this is the trip I am planning to do with my little brother and want to make it really special.
    Both the Laguna Resort and the Intercontinental look very nice.
    We are looking for something relaxing after 2 weeks of travelling around and me partly working on this trip.
    Any other options you would recommend besides these two properties?

I have stayed at the Laguna (Luxury Collection) I had a pool access suite from which I could walk down a ladder to the pool from my balcony. The Nusa Dua area itself is void of any charm and is reminiscent of a large integrated Mexico resort. Nusa Dua is also far from town. I have had very good stays at the Le Meridian at Tanah Lot, the Ritz Carlton at Jimbaran and the former Imperial Hotel (don't know what it is called now Sofitel?). I have also enjoyed my stays at Poppies in Kuta in a former life. You might also look into a Villa rental in Seminyak if you are staying longer than a week.........

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
      I have stayed at the Laguna (Luxury Collection) I had a pool access suite from which I could walk down a ladder to the pool from my balcony. The Nusa Dua area itself is void of any charm and is reminiscent of a large integrated Mexico resort. Nusa Dua is also far from town. I have had very good stays at the Le Meridian at Tanah Lot, the Ritz Carlton at Jimbaran and the former Imperial Hotel (don't know what it is called now Sofitel?). I have also enjoyed my stays at Poppies in Kuta in a former life. You might also look into a Villa rental in Seminyak if you are staying longer than a week.........
      Thank you QSG.
      That is what I was thinking might be the case, seeing all the resorts in the Nusa Dua area.
      The Intercontinental is in the Jimbaran area just like the Four Seasons, having never been, is it less devoid of charm then the Nusa Dua area?
      I will also check the Ritz Carlton.
      We will be staying for 4 nights - 5 days, villa rental probably is not a choice this time.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
        Thank you QSG.
        That is what I was thinking might be the case, seeing all the resorts in the Nusa Dua area.
        The Intercontinental is in the Jimbaran area just like the Four Seasons, having never been, is it less devoid of charm then the Nusa Dua area?
        We will be staying for 4 nights - 5 days, villa rental probably is not a choice this time.
        Jimbaran I find nicer than Nusa Dua, I believe the Ritz is the furthest away from the airport in Jimbaran, as I couldn't see it from the property when I stayed (on 3 occasions). I understand the Intercontinental is closer to airport and I know others have complained about the proximity of the FS to the airport.

Oddly I find Sanur to be a fun and lively area, there is a Hyatt there but the resorts in Sanur are the oldest. Sanur is what Nusa isn't , a Balinese style beach resort like Kuta. It depends on what you want........I just didn't like the Nusa Dua area.........

Have you thought about the Ubud area?

Are you a golfer?

If you are a golfer then I would reccomend the Le Meridian......

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
          Jimbaran I find nicer than Nusa Dua, I believe the Ritz is the furthest away from the airport in Jimbaran, as I couldn't see it from the property when I stayed (on 3 occasions). I understand the Intercontinental is closer to airport and I know others have complained about the proximity of the FS to the airport.

Oddly I find Sanur to be a fun and lively area, there is a Hyatt there but the resorts in Sanur are the oldest. Sanur is what Nusa isn't , a Balinese style beach resort like Kuta. It depends on what you want........I just didn't like the Nusa Dua area.........

Have you thought about the Ubud area?

Are you a golfer?

If you are a golfer then I would reccomend the Le Meridian......
          I am not a golfer at all but the Le Meridien looks quite nice. How is the area around the LM and how far is it from the airport?
          I have read a lot of reviews on Tripadvisor about the Intercontinental and Four Seasons and reviews were almost all 5 stars.
          That's what got me thinking about the IC. I am usually a Starwood fan but with this trip I just want what will be the best experience for us.
          Though I know with Starwood I might get an upgrade to a much better suite or even Villa.

Comment

I am not a golfer at all but the Le Meridien looks quite nice. How is the area around the LM and how far is it from the airport?
            I have read a lot of reviews on Tripadvisor about the Intercontinental and Four Seasons and reviews were almost all 5 stars.
            That's what got me thinking about the IC. I am usually a Starwood fan but with this trip I just want what will be the best experience for us.
            Though I know with Starwood I might get an upgrade to a much better suite or even Villa.
            The area around the Le Meridian is just some small villages also some local shops nearby(you can borrow bicycles at le Meridian, which I did with my nephew). It can take some time to get to/from the airport but this is more a function of traffic delays than distance. Tanah Lot is quite nice especially at the sunset and low tide.

If you can get free upgrade at any *Wood resort I wouldn't hesitate to stay at LM. I prefer Tanah Lot to Nusa Dua but this is a personal opinion. I have also heard good things about the Intercontinental, and as I have pointed out you can't go wrong at the Ritz(especially the club floor and villas).

Comment

Thank you QSG.
              hi there...i'll be at the ritz carlton from June 22-25, so if you end up staying there at the same time, let me know and we can meet up for a drink. have a great time in bali, wherever you decide to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                hi there...i'll be at the ritz carlton from June 22-25, so if you end up staying there at the same time, let me know and we can meet up for a drink. have a great time in bali, wherever you decide to stay.
                Thank you for the invitation taipeiflyer, I won't be there until early November.
                I wish I could go this month but have no time until Autumm.

Comment

I heard from someone that LeMeridien doesn't have good internet connection. So, if internet is essential for you, I guess not a good choice.

Last week I stayed at Conrad Tanjung Benoa. I know everyone says it's not Balinese style, but I was looking for something peace and quiet yet has good internet service.

Alila Manggis is a good place to get away as well.

Again, the question is how much do you anticipate to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    I heard from someone that LeMeridien doesn't have good internet connection. So, if internet is essential for you, I guess not a good choice.

Last week I stayed at Conrad Tanjung Benoa. I know everyone says it's not Balinese style, but I was looking for something peace and quiet yet has good internet service.

Alila Manggis is a good place to get away as well.

Again, the question is how much do you anticipate to spend.
                    I couldn't use the internet as I was too busy running after my nephew.........(what's a poor uncle to do) Actually I don't think I have ever used the internet in Bali!

Comment

Right now I am more and more inclined to stay at the IC, just have read so many good things. I am planning to book a Club room. With that you will get picked up actually at the gate, go to a private lounge at DPS while your visa and passport formalities are being processed, you pass by the line of other tourists an are driven in quite a nice car to the hotel.(someone mentioned a Jaguar)
                      At the hotel there is an exclusive pool for club guests, 24 hour buttler service......
                      The club King room starts at $ 219.00, Suite for 290.

The LM is still a little bit tempting as it is a category 1 hotel with Starwood.
                      I didn't know they still existed, I could burn some of my points there for a nice stay.

I will look into the other suggestions CGK that you mentioned.
                      I really appreciate everyones help on this as I wouldn't even have considered Bali if it wasn't for this forum but am really pleased with this option now and going there.

Found a really great fare in Y(mileage earning) , on SQ from MNL-SIN-DPS return. With stopover in SIN as we are flying up on MI to Chiang Mai in between.

Comment

That was me - I've had a Jaguar 3 out of he 6 times I've gone between the airport and the IC. I'm biased as a IC RA, but I would stay in a club room at the IC anyday.

Some pics here:
                        http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2115425140

Comment

Hi yyrcnx,
                          I just stayed at the Intercontinental last month for 3 nights.
                          It was in a normal room, not Club room.

Overall, quite a good experience - nice, clean spacious room, free unlimited bottled water. Good room service. Nice pools.
                          Near to beach, but May/June period the sea is too rough for swimming I think.

I saw the Club private swimming pool too - quite nice. Also the private lounge for Club guests with free pre-dinner drinks and canapes.

Only thing that irked me is no free shuttle service to Kuta (unlike the Ritz Carlton where I also stayed before) - each trip costs about 90000 Rp, which adds up. Even the airport transfer on departure day was chargeable.

I also stayed in a private villa in Ubud, with free car and driver, which I found to be a MUCH BETTER experience - do consider that.
                          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Found a really great fare in Y(mileage earning) , on SQ from MNL-SIN-DPS return. With stopover in SIN as we are flying up on MI to Chiang Mai in between.
                            Would rather fly SIN-BKK SQ and BKK-CNX TG.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                              Would rather fly SIN-BKK SQ and BKK-CNX TG.
                              That's what I usually do but I if I can avoid the BKK transit I prefer that.
                              I had a good experience flying on MI previously and since we can safe time flying nonstop it's another bonus. Also C fare is about C$ 300.00 cheaper compared to TG. If you mix SQ and TG in C it's another $ 400.00 - 500.00.
                              There is two of us flying, the amount we save we can use to spend in a nice hotel in Chiang Mai. I am hoping the MO or FS.

Comment

Working...
                              X