Reviews of Starwood hotels - London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    Do I make a bold move and stay somewhere exciting, funky and fresh, ie the Sanderson - but give up a 3 night head start for next year's requal for 2011 (Nights Advance promo: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7961)? Or stay somewhere thoroughly dull and unexciting, and relatively unappealing ie any one of the Starwood props in London but take advantage of a v good promo?
    I was thinking the same yesterday when wondering whether to hop in/out of the Westin OSA for 4 stays; or the nicer (albeit more expensive) RC on their pay 7, get 12 nights promotion ?

In the end, I went for the latter and then found out from your post about the SPG promotions but it hasn't changed my mind. The RC will be new not only for what I've stayed in before in OSA but I've also never tried the chain. I'm sure I (and you) can pick up a few stays elsewhere without much problem (if all else fails, there are the LHR hotels for me!).

I'd go for the Sanderson - for the new and fun experience (you're on holiday after all!) - unless you know that you really definitely can't requalify without those additional stays!

asking about my new employer's preferred chain of hotels obviously didn't cross my mind during the recruitment process.
    That should be the second question you ask (after what's their preferred airline). You'd better hope it's not Best Western or something like that...

Comment

asking about my new employer's preferred chain of hotels obviously didn't cross my mind during the recruitment process.
      Aw damn, it should have. I have a hypothesis about what that kind of question does to one's chances of getting an offer / call-back, but I haven't found anyone who wants to be in the treatment group.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        You'd better hope it's not Best Western or something like that...
        Prospective Employer: "lucrative prospects.....Best Western....."

KeithMEL: "'Nuff said, I'm outta here..."

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          I You'd better hope it's not Best Western or something like that...
          As it is, my employer has BW under its list of preferred hotels which happily; for me; also includes SPG (which gives all of us instant Gold), IHG.

Comment

Starpoints, stay credits, and consequences be damned! Sanderson here i come! Prepaid, non-refundable offer booked. I figured I might as well check it out whilst the W isn't ready yet.

Whew, glad to get that out of my head.

I am SO looking forward to my stay as this hotel looks sensational from the pics. I promise a full review with lots of pics of what looks to be a truly interesting and sleek hotel!

Thanks to all for bouncing around ideas and opinions and thus helping to consolidate a few thoughts of mine.
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 8 September 2009, 04:19 AM.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
            X