SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > SQ-Operated, Partner and Contract Lounges

Old 4th July 2019, 07:43 PM   #31
yuuka_miya
SQTalk Elite Gold

According to AusBT, that's because the current KFG lounge space will be used to accommodate F/J passengers.

I presume one of the first things they do would be to connect it to the main lounge complex, so facilities won't be an issue.
Old 4th July 2019, 09:24 PM   #32
FlyBoy
SQTalk PPS Club

So the business lounge is the first to be renovated

Starting July and finishing.....

Shame as I have many flights from Nov 19 to May 20 so will likely miss out on the new J lounge
FlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2019, 10:31 PM   #33
pokfur
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver

Interestingly, I think only Elite Golds received the email from SQ?
pokfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2019, 03:42 AM   #34
MAN Flyer
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG Life Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer View Post
Just to update this with more details...

- Work scheduled to start before end of July
What a lucky guess!
Old 5th July 2019, 09:24 AM   #35
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: PPS

Still no windows?
259850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2019, 01:40 PM   #36
davidfusq
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: SQKF

I read rumours that the temporary KF Gold Lounge will be the newly opened Marhaba Lounge in T3. Is that the case? Or if SQ is going to renovate the space next to Marhaba Lounge which from Changi Airport map seem 'unoccupied'.

What is the plan for the ex-dnata lounge? I wonder if SQ would have 'buy over' the lounge and do minimal renovation to convert it to be the new KF Gold Lounge?
davidfusq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2019, 07:34 PM   #37
MainlyMiles
SQTalk Elite Silver

Programs: KrisFlyer, Avios, Mileage Plan, Asia Miles, Etihad Guest, Skywards

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfusq View Post
I read rumours that the temporary KF Gold Lounge will be the newly opened Marhaba Lounge in T3. Is that the case?
Singapore Airlines confirmed to us today that the temporary KFG lounge in T3 from 31 Jul is the Marhaba Lounge.

Nicer showers than TPR, so enjoy!
MainlyMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 11:56 AM   #38
scooby5
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: KF-Gold
Send a message via MSN to scooby5 Send a message via Yahoo to scooby5

The capacity doesn't add up...… dnata lounge could already be quite busy on Monday mornings (for example), let alone the KFG lounge that is crazy - the reason I would use dnata.

Dedicated spaces for each with shared facilities, unless there is flexibility some will be peeved to be in a crowded space when the other side is empty? Emirates will need to renovate the washrooms/showers again when KFG goes "home" after the amount of usage they will get in 2yrs.....see that with the uselessness of the HKG facilities always under maintenance.

With only SATS and DBS available on the "left" side of T3, not a lot of options for where to relocate.
scooby5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 01:12 PM   #39
concept|infinit
SQTalk PPS Club

I've mostly only been to the main Business and First Silverkris lounges in T3, only once to the Krisflyer Gold one so I can't comment on the latter.

But for the former, the Business lounge gets crazy crowded in the early mornings and late evenings. It looks classy, and has decent food and beverage but that's it.

Looking at what's been released of the planned revamp so far, I understand there will be a 30% increase in capacity but that is not going to cut it and surely they have plans to grow in capacity like any other business? Have the SQ execs been to the lounge at 11 PM on any day? You can barely get a seat. With a 30% increase in space, it's still going to be super crowded. You should have ample space in a flagship lounge of a premium airline and not have to squeeze for crying out loud.

And it looks like the highlight is the bar which is what just about every other airline lounge has already. Hell even the pay-per-use Plaza Premium lounge has one.

I'm not hopeful it's going to be anything special. Knowing SQ, their idea of "innovation" and "enhancement" is probably not going to extend much beyond 30% more seats and that bar, and definitely not anything that would increase the cost of maintaining the lounge, with like say a spa.

They can't even be bothered to come up with a decent arrangement for the nearly 2 years that their lounges would be out of commission, funneling all their Business and First passengers into that very basic lounge that's a quarter of the size of the main complex
concept|infinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2019, 12:41 PM   #40
scooby5
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: KF-Gold
Send a message via MSN to scooby5 Send a message via Yahoo to scooby5

Quote:
Originally Posted by concept|infinit View Post
They can't even be bothered to come up with a decent arrangement for the nearly 2 years that their lounges would be out of commission, funneling all their Business and First passengers into that very basic lounge that's a quarter of the size of the main complex

Supposed to be only for "over flow" not a replacement.

SQ keep complaining they have to compete unfairly against Middle East airlines but it is the same with lounges that are, typically, huge. The old TK lounge in Istanbul was very large and also, at late nights and early mornings, packed, so there is a lot hanging on the new airport that I've not passed through yet.

Appreciate SQ "only" has to bide time till T5 is open but I hope they don't make same mistakes all over again.
scooby5 is offline   Reply With Quote