• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
    SVB, SVC, SVE
    or
    SQM SQN SRM
    or
    SQM SQN SQJ (SQJ still yet to have a buyer and sitting around changi)
    I’m also thinking SVI, SVJ, SVN. It doesn’t say they will acquire them from SQ, only that SQ previously operated them. All those three are being held by Boeing currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      these SQ planes are averaging 15 years old and wonder how long will LOT be using them for.
      They are leasing them for three years beginning June 2020 as part of expansion plan as well as back up aircraft for their 787 which are significantly impacted by RR grounding.

They will be taking three of these: SVB, SVC, SVE or SVM. All these eventually will be owned by BCC upon return. I think they are part of the trade in package when SQ bought their B787.

LOT has called for their crews to be trained for 777 certification, guess they may keep it for longer period.

One thing unconfirmed for now is whether they will keep SQ interior or will they get total refurbishment to match its cabin with their 787. A lot of those 777 which left SQ fleet eventually ended up with new operators, the IFE is no longer working well or inoperable at all. Not that it is SQ problem tbh.

Comment

• Point to note... SQM has stopped flying since 2019.
        SQM was the last to receive the updated cabin in Oct 2017.

SQN got it mid-2017 and SRM got it in 2016.
        (SQK got it end-2016 and got burnt beyond use in Nov 2017)

Comment

• I was in Economy last week on 9V-SRM, which I believe was one of the first 777-200s to get the hand-me-down seats, and I was surprised at how good the condition of the seats were! With the 2013 fabric, the cabin looked modern and not at all out-dated. The IFE was the same as the A330/A380 systems and had the much wider range of content. Since SVB/C/E have these seats as well as IFE, I'm sure that should they be passed on to new owners, the owners would be very happy with the lie-flats in J, refreshed and modern Y, and a totally decent IFE system.

Here's a pic I took of the Y seats:

I'd say this Y cabin looked even better than those you'd find on the A330s and original A380s with the original 2006 fabric.

SVM on the other hand.......... should be canned.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
            I was in Economy last week on 9V-SRM, which I believe was one of the first 777-200s to get the hand-me-down seats, and I was surprised at how good the condition of the seats were! ... SVM on the other hand.......... should be canned.
            I agree! The new seat colours match the 2006Y seats extremely well. I flew them last month on SYI, and they looked gorgeous.

Meanwhile, SVM has stopped flying since Jan 5. One can always hope!

Comment

• Oops. SVM revived and flew today as SQ184/183. However they do seem to be keeping its flying to a minimum.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                Oops. SVM revived and flew today as SQ184/183. However they do seem to be keeping its flying to a minimum.
                I’ve noticed that too. It seems only to get wheeled out for short hauls when things get tight.

Comment

• The 772s existence are coming to an end.
                  Although the SVx ones are still running short daily flights, the regional SRM, SQM & SQN don’t appear to have any flight assignments on the horizon.

Comment

The 772s existence are coming to an end.
                    Although the SVx ones are still running short daily flights, the regional SRM, SQM & SQN don’t appear to have any flight assignments on the horizon.
                    The SQ 772s (and not the SVx 77Es) are still scheduled to fly 3x weekly SIN-DAC (SQ448/449) and daily SIN-HKT (SQ 992/993), starting on Feb 2 and Feb 1, respectively. These 772 services will run through March 29.

Comment

• Noticed that too. But...hmm...they’re gonna park the aircraft aside for 3 weeks idle, then fly them again? Sounds like the assignments for SQ448/449 992/993 May change.

Comment

• These planes can used as standby for any AOG flights and or to ferry AOGed passengers back.

Comment

• Aren't they covering Scoot charters as well? Is Scoot still even doing those in the first place?
                          an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                            Aren't they covering Scoot charters as well? Is Scoot still even doing those in the first place?
                            Scoot no longer charters SQ aircraft.

Comment

• SQ182|13JAN (SIN-BWN) was operated by 9V-SRM today.

Comment

Noticed that too. But...hmm...they’re gonna park the aircraft aside for 3 weeks idle, then fly them again? Sounds like the assignments for SQ448/449 992/993 May change.
                                Since SQ only intends for one 772 to remain after March 2020, sounds like that one aircraft will be flying these two flight pairs..

In the meantime they have been subbing for other aircraft occasionally, like how SQN did a couple of DPS flights last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X