No announcement yet.

Vegetarian Meals on SQ and other airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQ - SIN-CGK - May 2012 - Light Meal - Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian (VLML)

Comment

SQ - CGK-SIN - June 2012 - Light Meal - Indian Vegetarian (AVML)

Comment

SQ830 SIN-PVG VLML + BTC Roasted Vegetables

As promised in another thread:
        http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=16
        http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...9&postcount=19

During boarding, a Chief Stewardess (in Red Kebaya) confirmed with me on my meals. Was told my appetizers was not loaded into the plane. But she managed to get me some salads with Chickpeas (in Indian style) from a pax who oredered Indian Vege meal but declined her special meal request. She even offered to help me make sure my return trip would not have such problem. A typical Singapore Girl service one would expect on SQ Business. But she exceeded this expectation. Well Done!

Spot the difference with this (pic provided by j.lin):
        Many things seemed to be missing on my plate?
        Where's the orange, cheese and avocado etc??

Comment

Well, yours resembles the olden days

What's that creamy mushroom and carrots? 2nd appetizer?

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
            Well, yours resembles the olden days

wow! but i guess the thing topple very easily?

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
            What's that creamy mushroom and carrots? 2nd appetizer?
            It was served as the very first dish, together at the same time they were serving the satay. So I guessed it is considered as the starters?

In fact, I liked it a lot, enjoyed it the most among all the dishes (except desserts and the choc praline )

Comment

BTC-Swedish Wholegrain Crisp Bread

Description: A healthy breakfast choice with crisp bread, cottage cheese, rosemary honey-roasted pear and a low fat yoghurt of fresh berries (Breakfast only)

Ordered this for my brother. It is meant to be a cold dish. According to him, there is only one word to describe this.....

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                Description: A healthy breakfast choice with crisp bread, cottage cheese, rosemary honey-roasted pear and a low fat yoghurt of fresh berries (Breakfast only)

Ordered this for my brother. It is meant to be a cold dish. According to him, there is only one word to describe this.....
                Scrumptious?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Scrumptious?
                  I think the picture had told a thousand words

It is always very hard to order a meal based on a menu without any pictures of it.. zzzzz

Comment

What is that one word?

Comment

Air China - CA1858 SHA-PEK VLML/VOML Breakfast in J

Meals were quite similar for both VLML and VOML in this flight. It is weird that they do serve milk to both VLML and VOML.

Should I call this Chinese Spaghetti?

*Should be in F, not J. This flight was rebooked from I to O as the equipment was downgraded from B747 to B772
                      Last edited by slacker; 11 October 2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

VLML: SQ879 TPE-SIN J-Class (March 20012)

Vegetarian 'satay'?

Pasta - with generous helpings of mushrooms and broccoli
                        Much better than the pasta that was on MEL-SIN J Class, which consisted only of pasta in tomato sauce with some olives.

Comment

Nice! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Air China - CA969 PEK-SIN VLML and VOML Dinner in J (Sept 2012)

Appetizer 1
                            Where is the sauce to the salads?
                            There are some choices for sauce like vinaigrette dressings or thousand island, and the sauce are poured from some 'Aladin teapot'

Appetizer 2
                            Is it supposed to be meant this way or have they forgotten some things on this plate?
                            Pathetic bun in a pathetic packaging
                            Did you notice the inconsistency of the presentation between the two? I guess they do not have that level of attention to the details like our Singapore Girls and Boys.

Bread served in a min-bread basket. Did not get to choose the bread, and each pax was served a basket each. One bread was missing as I only remembered to take this pic after I have eaten the first bread, oops.

VLML Meal - Pasta with some tomato based sauce and some brocolli.

Sauce of the mushroom was not bad. But still, I had higher expectations for meals served in J, and this seemed to be a very simple vegetarian meal.

Desserts 1 - There don't seem to have any specially catered desserts for vegetarians. Desserts are selected from the tray with an assortment of the desserts. On the menu, the choice of desserts are Apricot Flan, Raspberry Truffle or cheese with crackers.
                            This one is still ok.

Desserts 2 - Is this supposed to be the raspberry truffle? No real raspberry fruit, and did not taste any raspberry in it. It is only some chocolate brownie type of cake. Taste of chocolate is not bad (well, how bad can the taste be when there is chocolate), but it is not some good quality cakes that is light and fluffy.

Cheese. The way cheese are served are different from SQ. On SQ, cheese are served on a trolley, which has a large assortment of cheeses. But on CA, you just tell you want to be served a cheese plate, and they will just serve you this plate.

Comment

QZ - SIN-BDO - July 2012 - Vegetarian Fried Rice

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                                Cheese. The way cheese are served are different from SQ. On SQ, cheese are served on a trolley, which has a large assortment of cheeses. But on CA, you just tell you want to be served a cheese plate, and they will just serve you this plate.
                                I think it depends on the load, I was at times being served directly and sometimes from a trolley.

Comment

Working...
                                X