Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Charles Heidsieck, same as in SKL F
    Fingers crossed that this is only temporary...

Comment

Charles Heidsieck, same as in SKL F
      The same one they've been serving in long haul business class? Also the champagne that won some airline awards for best champagne in business class (including for DL when it briefly appeared)?

Comment

• The cynical part of me can't help noticing they have suddenly run out of stock at the same time they announce the availability to book Saver Awards in Suites. Maybe that announcement that the riff raff will be drinking Dom and Krug was a step too far for some of the old fuddy duddies and access to LGD as well was just too much.

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
        The same one they've been serving in long haul business class?
        They haven't served that in J for a while now. We were on Bollinger for a while but are now on the nice and cheap Henriot.
        Last edited by MAN Flyer; 12 December 2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

...but are now on the nice and cheap Henriot.
          HUGE AL

Comment

• On 22 Dec, TPR was still on Charles Heidsieck...and today I am on the J side, and it is Charles Heidsieck, too.
            /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
              On 22 Dec, TPR was still on Charles Heidsieck...and today I am on the J side, and it is Charles Heidsieck, too.
              So the comment that they were simply out of stock would appear to be a lie then. As the CH has reappeared in Raffles then it's clear they have decided to downgrade TPR and use it there as well.

Comment

• how annoying, I have 7 hours in transit before an F flight next week on SQ and was hoping to sample it
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• La Grande Dame has gone from TPR and does not seem to be coming back.

Comment

• Wow... same Heidseick in TPR as in JCL? This seems crazy retarded.

Another argument for folks like me who believed SQ F has only been marginally better than J.

The other tragedy in TPR that went less noticed was the disappearance of delicious Grand Cru white Burgundies a while ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                      The other tragedy in TPR that went less noticed was the disappearance of delicious Grand Cru white Burgundies a while ago.
                      I didn't realise that. They have also reduced the amount of food available in the buffet by not using the wall area behind the main bit, or at least they haven't been using it last couple of times I have been in. Granted the buffet choice in there was very poor to start with but it's still a reduction.

Comment

I didn't realise that. They have also reduced the amount of food available in the buffet by not using the wall area behind the main bit, or at least they haven't been using it last couple of times I have been in. Granted the buffet choice in there was very poor to start with but it's still a reduction.
                        Yup, no more Burgundies last couple times. They don't bother to print a separate wine list anymore either, they just sorta come by and tell you they have a French white or a NZ white, or whatever, so which would you like....

All in all, the decision seems quite clear to dilute the quality and of everything related to TPR.

Comment

• She's baaack!

Sawasdee ka from TPR

Just wanted to let yáll know that champagne La Grande Dame 1998 is back at TPR!

My second pleasant surprise of the month, the first being handed a TPR invite at the gate in BKK

Happy Lunar New Year everyone and happy birthday Viraj735!
                          Le jour de Saint Eugčne, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Originally posted by B727 View Post
                            Sawasdee ka from TPR

Just wanted to let yáll know that champagne La Grande Dame 1998 is back at TPR!

My second pleasant surprise of the month, the first being handed a TPR invite at the gate in BKK

Happy Lunar New Year everyone and happy birthday Viraj735!
                            Great news!! Let's hope it's not just for CNY!! Now I just need to fly F more often...
                            /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Grande Dame is back for good and not only for CNY. SQ confirmed that they ran out of Grande Dame temporarily only and there will be supply going forward.

Comment

• Well they could have just walked over to DFS... it's not that far!

Comment

Working...
                                X