Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
    Narcotics.
    Actually its also about contraband stuff eg cigarettes, copy DVDs and such stuff that one tends to hide in hand baggage.

The flights from BKK are random, though its happening more often when flights arrive at T2 than T3 (eg the sole A330 flight from BKK did not get searched).

I know for a fact, most if not all TG flights get searched upon arrival at SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
      And from what period exactly would you be basing these facts from? The last three weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        And from what period exactly would you be basing these facts from? The last three weeks?
        Thats what I heard from the gate agent alo. I arrived on TG401 tonight and no arrival screening. Flight were full
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          Thats what I heard from the gate agent alo. I arrived on TG401 tonight and no arrival screening. Flight were full
          I was on the same flight as you in 11K, anyway I left some messages in Lounge Meets but you probably didn't see it in time

Comment

I wonder if they check A380 flights. That's up to 500+ jetlagged pax!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              I wonder if they check A380 flights. That's up to 500+ jetlagged pax!
              As I mentioned earlier, I got checked after deplaning SQ25.
              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                As I mentioned earlier, I got checked after deplaning SQ25.
                No you did not. You only mentioned:

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                I've had these checks on flights out of CGK, BOM, JFK/FRA, BKK (2x on TG), HKT and DPS in recent months.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  I was on the same flight as you in 11K, anyway I left some messages in Lounge Meets but you probably didn't see it in time
                  Oh you were at 401 also. I thought you were flying SQ. wow miss chance to meet famous Kyo
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                    Actually its also about contraband stuff eg cigarettes, copy DVDs and such stuff that one tends to hide in hand baggage.

The flights from BKK are random, though its happening more often when flights arrive at T2 than T3 (eg the sole A330 flight from BKK did not get searched).

Not true. Travel TG and SQ often from BKK to SGP. So far get checked a few times for afternoon SQ flight. They just xray and never open the bag anyway. So may be they are looking for something else.

Comment

Either I have been unlucky or they have stepped these pointless excercises up, as I have now been caught on the last two arrivals from BKK.

I decided to ask someone what the point of it was and was told the magic 'S' word, which is the much used global excuse for this nonsense. When I asked what Security it was for they couldn't say, just kept repeating the magic 'S' word.

We know it cant be 'Security' for our flight, as it had just ended. We know it cant be to secure Changi's air side area as Changi don't screen pax until the gate themselves, and of course it can't be because BKK isn't seen as 'secure' by Changi as otherwise they would have to screen every BKK flight, wouldn't they ?.

I am sure people must come close to missing flights because of this nonsense. It's one thing doing security at a departure gate when pax arrival is spread over an hour or more, but when a full widebody of pax hit at the same time that's something else altogether.

Comment

seems it has been re-implemented. After several years of hiatus, I was in ex-CGK last month and got checked.

Comment

Just got rescreened on arrival from KUL, which is a first for me.

When I asked the person who seemed to be in charge what it was for he said 'Random Security check'. When I asked what was the point of it, other than the obvious time wasting box ticking nonsense, he just shrugged his shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Just got rescreened on arrival from KUL, which is a first for me.

When I asked the person who seemed to be in charge what it was for he said 'Random Security check'. When I asked what was the point of it, other than the obvious time wasting box ticking nonsense, he just shrugged his shoulders.
                            The were not checking for fever?

Comment

Arrived on fri 17 Oct at 11am on AK 707 - and there was a arrival screening check conducted which was a first for me too from KUL. I asked one of the security guy and he replied its "enhanced security screening". The one who checked my bag asked if I have my handphone which I indicated its in my bag and he said that it must be taken out and put on the tray to which I replied that this is a first time that is required as its usually for laptop or ipod. And I noticed the other line a passenger when asked about phone just said it was in her bag and the security guy didn't asked her to take it out and put onto the tray. Anyway didn't want to clarify with the officer in charge as was running late because of this check.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                                The were not checking for fever?
                                Nope, it was the same old pointless, time wasting, box ticking bollox.

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                                Anyway didn't want to clarify with the officer in charge as was running late because of this check.
                                Yep, that's one of the issues this can cause. I am fortunate to these days be travelling near the front so am off quite quickly, but those at the back of a 777 or other widebody are going to be struggling to make connections because of this nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                                X