Is VS Clubhouse Access over??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is VS Clubhouse Access over??

Just seen this below on sq.com. Does this mean you can no longer access the VS CH if flying on SQ metal???

From 1 May 2009, as a part of an agreement with Virgin Atlantic, access to SilverKris Lounges and Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses will be based on the airline operating the flight that our members are traveling on.
    SilverKris Lounge access is available to Flying Club Gold members only when they travel on a flight operated by Singapore Airlines. Likewise, Clubhouse access will be available to PPS Club and KrisFlyer Elite Gold members when they take a flight operated by Virgin Atlantic (i.e. if the aircraft is operated by Virgin Atlantic).

Solitaire PPS Club and Life members will continue to enjoy the services of Virgin’s “Revivals” arrival lounge in London when they travel on SQ322 to London.

For more information on Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses, please click here.

PPS Club members will continue to have their current access to SilverKris Lounges around the world whenever they travel on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir. For more information on SilverKris Lounges, please click here.

And as Star Alliance Gold members, PPS Club and KrisFlyer Elite Gold members will continue to have access to all Star Alliance lounges when they travel on a Star Alliance airline.

In Singapore, Star Alliance lounges are the SATS Premier Club at Terminal 2 and KrisFlyer Gold Lounge at Terminal 3.

More information on Star Alliance lounges can be found here.

Comment

Does this, by implication, also extend to pax entering hoping to enter VSCHs based upon class of travel?
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Sounds like it....what happened to the spring time thawing?

Comment

Just when I thought I would finally get to visit the CH in HKG next weekend. Oh well....

Comment

Wow, that is news. I'm thankful just to have been able to visit it once prior. Looks like I may have to book a BD flight ex-LHR someday to get access. Won't get to see HKG's, though.

Comment

Gonna get my last hurrah in HKG this weekend -

Comment

Sigh.......... the clubhouse is probably the only good thing flying out of the ghastly Heathrow T3.

Comment

Ah damm i was looking forward to this in HKG

Comment

Glad I managed to fit it LHR VS CH before the good times finished...

As LHR mentioned, this more or less eliminates the only good thing about flying out of LHR T3. Not that there's much choice in the matter anyway (unless you fly LCY-FRA/ZRH-SIN)...

Comment

Oh well, if the LHR VS CH access had continued, it would only have lasted until 2012 (IIRC) when SQ are scheduled to move out of T3 to to join the rest of *A at T1.

In the meantime, if travelling on SQ and holding a BA gold card, it seems the soon to be opened BA J lounge will be best:

The British Airways Galleries lounge, opening in May 2009 will be over 2600 sq ft (241 sq m) and customers will enjoy the same standard of benefits as the Galleries lounges in Terminal 5, including:

Galleries Club Lounge

Silver Bar
                      Wine Gallery
                      Coffee House
                      Club Deli
                      Elemis Travel Spa*
                      Work and Entertainment Zone
                      Shower Facilities
                      Kids Zone
                      Customer Service desk

Facilities that will be available later in 2009 when longhaul services move into Terminal 3

Comment

Arghh!!! This can't be true!

I guess it'll be my last time to the Clubhouse tomorrow.

GHASTLY ghastly SKL in T3. GHASTLY!

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                          Arghh!!! This can't be true!

I guess it'll be my last time to the Clubhouse tomorrow.

GHASTLY ghastly SKL in T3. GHASTLY!
                          It's so sad for me. Was in LHR in March but just didn't have the time to visit VS CH due to great shopping in T3..... There is so much to do there. Don't think it's as gastly as mentioned.

I have visited VS CH once... the best ever for me!

Comment

Very sad. LHR is my favourite lounge.

If it was just LHR I would have suspected it was related to the spat they had when SQ moved to the VS check-in area, and then announced they would use Aviance staff instead of VS. But it's everywhere.

I wonder if it's because they charged each other for useage ?. In which case SQ must be taking a pounding as the VS CH's are in a different world to the drab SKL's. The staff at the VS CH at LHR have regularly commented along the lines of 'Crikey, do none of you lot use the Singapore lounge ?', as they add another name to the list.

Comment

It's kinda predictable, had to happen sooner or later, but very sad nonetheless. Also, as everyone says, it is one less reason to fly SQ ex-LHR

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Looks like I may have to book a BD flight ex-LHR someday to get access.
                              You don't get access to the VSCH on a BD flight, only if you are flying VS metal (same as the new SQ rule). Wonder how long the BD*G perk will last for under LH...

If only VS was a decent airline, then it would be ok to have to fly VS, but it's torture in Y, and the UC seat just isn't that special - not worth putting up with the amateur service and substandard food/drink for. Flying club is also quite possibly the most stingy and inflexible FFP in the world. It makes Krisflyer and BAEC look generous...

Comment

Working...
                              X