[BKK] New SilverKris Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acey View Post
    Found this at SQ website. It seems that *A Gold can get in, not just KF-Gold.
    Yep, that's what it says. However, as well as I mentioned above about the lounge dragon saying they would like to keep it to their own pax, following is reply to an email....

'Yes, Star Alliance Gold members can access the lounge. However, due to the space limitation (one same lounge for first and business class), priority will have to be given to passengers who travel on Singapore Airlines flights. This is to avoid overcrowding situation.'

Now, I have no problem with this, and it's not as though there aren't plenty of other options for *A pax at BKK. I just know what's coming when the first few refusals happen and the toys leave the pram...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Yep, that's what it says. However, as well as I mentioned above about the lounge dragon saying they would like to keep it to their own pax, following is reply to an email....

'Yes, Star Alliance Gold members can access the lounge. However, due to the space limitation (one same lounge for first and business class), priority will have to be given to passengers who travel on Singapore Airlines flights. This is to avoid overcrowding situation.'

Now, I have no problem with this, and it's not as though there aren't plenty of other options for *A pax at BKK. I just know what's coming when the first few refusals happen and the toys leave the pram...
      I'm on a TG flight this afternoon from BKK to MNL. I am KF Gold, but flying on a TG economy ticket. I'm going to see if I get any trouble getting in at the new Singapore Airlines lounge. Does anyone forsee any problems?

Thanks

Comment

KF GOLD flying TG ... now in BKK SKL

Comment

Originally posted by yauee View Post
          KF GOLD flying TG ... now in BKK SKL
          Is it busy ?. I bet many still don't know about this place.

Comment

Is it busy ?. I bet many still don't know about this place.
            was there for about 2 hours plus, not really busy at any point of time nothing more then 25-30 i think as i was seating at the corner.

Comment

Oh so true .. Well according to this a LH *G travelling on SQ should be fine even in crowded situations - hmmm. As I'm a cheapo who travels LX on my trips to BKK I guess I wil be relegated to the TG lounge

Comment

Greetings from the BKK SKL 1930hrs BKK time.

Like ManFlyer said, it's tucked away and the giveaways are the various SQGirl paper-cutout.

Location : Effectively, after going up the transfer escalators, double back on yourself and you should see a book shop to your left. Keep walking down the corridor and the SKL will be on the left.

Impression : First inpressions is a very positive one for me. Behind the semi-circular main reception area is some magazines, newspapers. On the right upon entry is the various PC stations - Sony products. The TV is located in this part as well.

To the left upon entry is the food servery area and the spread is not bad. There are fried food more like onion bahji type in ahot revolving tray type display. Prewrapped sandwiches. A wide selection of soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, fruit juices as well as fresh fruits. There also a Haagen-Dazs ice cream fridge by the wall.

The lounge design is that it's segmented which offers further privacy. Lighting style is unique in that you have 3 tier like lamps illuminating the lounge. ....unlike the current generation of SKL around the world.

What I did not like : No toilets and shower facilities.

Have taken pics and will post upon my return to UK early July.
                Last edited by SQFAN; 2 July 2008, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Lounge Overview

Magazines/Newspapers behind the Reception area

General Environment of the BKK SKL Lounge

To the left of entrance
                  The F&B area is located here.

Comment

Thank you SQFAN for posting the pictures. It reminds me of certain lounge...

Comment

The entrance reminds me of the Krisflyer Gold Lounge in T3.
                      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                        Thank you SQFAN for posting the pictures. It reminds me of certain lounge...
                        It looks the same as SKL in ADL.

Comment

Am in the SKL now.

Very good first impression! Very private feel to it with all the dividers. Managed to take a couple of photos. Will post them when I get home tonight.

It's closer to the C gates rather than the D gates. Signature is poor. Only 2 tiny little signs

Comment

Getting there (Head for C Concourse even though SQ uses D2/D3/D4)

Lounge Environment

F&B Area

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post

F&B Area

I see the new F plates (left below).

Comment

I was in here again last night. I do quite like the place.

I was also delighted to see that the famous Ham and Cheese sandwiches they used to have in the SKL's at Don Muang have reappeared!!. However, instead of being served as 'doubles' like they were previously they are just singles now.

Now, before anyone rightly points out that Ham and Cheese sandwiches are not worth getting excited about, they are excellent for getting something simple into you when you've had a heavy night out in Bangkok.

Comment

Working...
                                X