No announcement yet.

[BKK] New SilverKris Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reports chaps! Will definitely check the lounge out early next month

Quick numpty question, with MAN Flyer's new info that the new SKL BKK is combined (i.e. no C/F split), assuming the TG lounge has a seperate F section, is TG F Lounge still worth a visit or is it too tired/jaded as per a few reports on here and thus better to spend my time at the SKL?

EDIT Probably ought to visit both for my own comparison purposes!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      EDIT Probably ought to visit both for my own comparison purposes!
      Don't forget the camera ready!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Don't forget the camera ready!
        Ahh you know me SQ LPP I'll make sure a full report is supplied!

Note to self, take tape measure to determine bathroom door gap size (if applicable) to furnish SQ LPP with truly accurate report!

Comment

Hmm as far as I remember, there is no gap at the shower room of TG F lounge. But you can measure the shower area. I don't think two person can have shower together there. Too small...
          And even though there is a gap at SKL T3, but the shower is big enough for you know what . . .

Comment

And even though there is a gap at SKL T3, but the shower is big enough for you know what . . .
            I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about SQ LPP

Comment

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about SQ LPP
              When you are excited easily , here we all try to help finding a solution for you! I should demand SQ to put a special request on board your flight back to LHR.

Comment

When you are excited easily , here we all try to help finding a solution for you! I should demand SQ to put a special request on board your flight back to LHR.
                ...and what sort of "special request" might that be?!

Comment

Quick numpty question, with MAN Flyer's new info that the new SKL BKK is combined (i.e. no C/F split), assuming the TG lounge has a seperate F section, is TG F Lounge still worth a visit or is it too tired/jaded as per a few reports on here and thus better to spend my time at the SKL?
                  Who said the TG F lounge was tired ?. Not when I've been in there, and I was last there about 4 weeks ago. It's a great lounge, and never gets anything like full.

The main J lounge is showing a few signs of wear but if you're in TG F you'll get whisked straight through there on a buggy anyway. If SQ F you walk through it to get to the F lounge.

I never used that main J lounge anyway, it was too busy. There are two smaller ones at the beginning of the C concourse so I go in the one on the right that looks across the D gates apron where the Golden Birds park.

Comment

Thanks MAN Flyer - it must've been the J Lounge that people have commented upon here, sorry, my bad for speed reading and generalising TG J and F lounges together. Will be flying SQ F, so perhaps still worth visiting the TG F as well as the SKL

Comment

Will be flying SQ F, so perhaps still worth visiting the TG F as well as the SKL
                      Definitely. You'll pass the F lounge to get to the SKL, which is just around the corner.

The F lounge is great. Waitress service for both food and drinks with a nice snack menu to choose from. Never seen more than a dozen people in there.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Definitely. You'll pass the F lounge to get to the SKL, which is just around the corner.

The F lounge is great. Waitress service for both food and drinks with a nice snack menu to choose from. Never seen more than a dozen people in there.
                        Excellent, thank you MAN Flyer I think my problem has been that over the past year or so I've read all of the lounge threads here on SQTalk, but until recently haven't had a cat in hell's chance of visiting them, thus from scan reading I had the (incorrect as it turns out) impression that TG lounge was tatty!

Now that my trip looms and I'll legitimately be able to visit these places I'm on a mission to glean and note down the most important information

Comment

One thing that has struck me. I am only presuming that SQ F pax can still use the TG F lounge as per *A rules. There is a slight chance they may want all SQ pax to use the SKL....worth checking.

BTW, expect the usual chorus of complaints from other *A Gold members about SQ not allowing other *A pax in as well. I asked could other *A Gold pax use it and they said 'We prefer to have it for use by our own passengers. If it is quiet like now then it won't be a problem, but if it is busy just before a flight departs, maybe not.' I noted there is no *A Gold logo outside.

Comment

One thing that has struck me. I am only presuming BTW, expect the usual chorus of complaints from other *A Gold members about SQ not allowing other *A pax in as well. I asked could other *A Gold pax use it and they said 'We prefer to have it for use by our own passengers. If it is quiet like now then it won't be a problem, but if it is busy just before a flight departs, maybe not.' I noted there is no *A Gold logo outside.
                            My colleague told me that the SK Lounge in BKK operates with same rules as the SK Lounge in KUL - only J class or PPS holders can get it - that KFGold should use TG Lounge. Any truth in that ??

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
                              My colleague told me that the SK Lounge in BKK operates with same rules as the SK Lounge in KUL - only J class or PPS holders can get it - that KFGold should use TG Lounge. Any truth in that ??
                              I didn't specifically ask about KF Gold to be honest, although I got the impression that they would be allowed in. It's a fair size this new place, and far bigger than the SKL at KUL and the SKL's at Don Muang.

I just asked about other *A Golds as I'm always amused when people have a pop at SQ when they knock people back from SKL's. I recently heard the LHR SKL Lounge Dragon tell a TG Gold card holder that he could come in but the lounge was too busy so his friend couldn't as lounge was very busy. It wasn't, there was hardly anyone in !!.

Comment

I didn't specifically ask about KF Gold to be honest, although I got the impression that they would be allowed in. It's a fair size this new place, and far bigger than the SKL at KUL and the SKL's at Don Muang.

I just asked about other *A Golds as I'm always amused when people have a pop at SQ when they knock people back from SKL's. I recently heard the LHR SKL Lounge Dragon tell a TG Gold card holder that he could come in but the lounge was too busy so his friend couldn't as lounge was very busy. It wasn't, there was hardly anyone in !!.
                                Found this at SQ website. It seems that *A Gold can get in, not just KF-Gold.

-----------------------
                                Welcome to Silver Kris Lounge - Bangkok
                                The Silver Kris Lounge at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok, is conveniently located at Level 3 on the Concourse A. The lounge offer spacious seating for more than 90 customers.

Level 3, Concourse A (opposite Bangkok Airways lounge)
                                (Airside - after immigration)

Major Facilities
                                Internet Access
                                Wi-fi enabled
                                TV Area

Lounge Access (based on departing flight)
                                First Class
                                Business Class
                                Singapore Airlines PPS Club, Solitaire
                                Singapore Airlines PPS
                                Elite Gold, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
                                Star Alliance Gold

Comment

Working...
                                X