Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LHR] VS - Clubhouse

My favorite lounge.

As of 1st May 2009: access granted to SQ *G (and BD *G) only when travelling VS Y or Y+ (no guest privileges)

Access privileges used to extend to:
    • KF EG and PPS Club members when flying SQ Y
    • SQ Raffles (all right, all right, Business) and First Class passengers

Highlights:
    • Spa treatments (not bookable in advance by KrisFlyer members if not flying VS Upper Class): I finally got on the list for a back massage at my last visit , and oooh, did that feel good!
    • Sit-down restaurant, plus a delicatessen and a sushi bar
    • Extensive selection of cocktails
    • Friendly, roving staff to take your drinks order and take it to where you're sitting (the bartender was aghast when I ordered a drink and asked her whether it would be OK for the drink to be taken to where I was planning to sit: "Sir, I would have had someone come up to where you were and take your order so you wouldn't have to ask for it here!" What a sweetie.) On this note: the staff actually remembered me! That's quite impressive, considering I can't take SQ flights as often as I'd like to (close to a five-month gap the last time I went into the LHR VS CH).
    • Free internet access on Sony VAIOs provided by the lounge (what a change from the typically malfunctioning computers in the LHR SKL C)
    • Great view of parked aircraft
    • Great vibe and background music

Some pictures to try to support my view that the LHR VS CH is the only lounge to surpass CX's Wing and Pier lounges:

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/2886955

Last edited by jjpb3; 17 May 2009, 08:12 PM. Reason: tweaks
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Spot on I looooooooooooove this lounge!, although the VS CH at JFK seems hipper (if there's such a word)

Comment

Have always wanted to try both the airline and of course the lounges but have yet to get that over with.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        Have always wanted to try both the airline and of course the lounges but have yet to get that over with.
        This doesn't sound like you, StarG. I've always considered you as someone who makes things happen. Besides, isn't it about time that you visited us in England (and tried out the LHR VS CH on your way out)?
        Last edited by jjpb3; 27 November 2006, 06:13 AM.

Comment

I've actually been to a lounge that StarG hasn't been to yet?

Although, when I was there, only half of The Clubhouse was open. The pics look great. I could spend hours....and hours...and hours in there.

Now only if they had Dom in there...well then I'd just move in permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            This doesn't sound like you, StarG. I've always considered you as someone who makes things happen. Besides, isn't it about time that you visited us in England (and tried out the LHR VS CH on your way out)?
            I am still looking around at several options to extend my May BJV/IST trip to.
            Most likely it is ZRH now. But haven't really gotten into the fares etc. so don't know for sure yet.

Comment

Definitely one of the great airport lounges of the world. In my view only beaten by the FCT and equalled by the Wing. But considering it is only beaten by First Class Lounges I think is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                My dear StarG, you should consider visiting London in early February. I have told jjpb3, JPB, and cawhite that I will be back for dinner at "Hakkasan." I believe you will love the restaurant. And yes, you can fly out from LHR, so that you can experience the VS CH.

Comment

Well, even the cheapest fare to LHR on any airline is kinda out of my range for my 'taxi' cost to have a dinner.

Although I should probably check out MH's D class fares now that I might be getting Enrich Gold.

Comment

Well, even the cheapest fare to LHR on any airline is kinda out of my range for my 'taxi' cost to have a dinner.

Although I should probably check out MH's D class fares now that I might be getting Enrich Gold.

Enrich Gold? First, you cheat on your wife (SQ), and now you're cheating on your mistress (CX)???????????? For MH?

Comment

Originally posted by Bon View Post
                      Enrich Gold? First, you cheat on your wife (SQ), and now you're cheating on your mistress (CX)???????????? For MH?
                      A thread on a Virgin Atlantic lounge exposes that our (my) highly-esteemed StarG is an airline sl*t?

My world imploded today.

Comment

First SQ. Then CX. Now MH.
                        A pattern?

Comment

The only way I'll know that my dear SQ is still the best is by flying the competitors, right? You don't expect me to just read all the travel magazines and KNOW, do you?
                          Last edited by StarG; 1 December 2006, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I might be getting Enrich Gold.
                            Oh dear oh dear. The old MH G wasn't worth much, and it may be slightly improved now, but surely you jest!

Comment

Some random pics from this gig:

Comment

Working...
                              X