X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA and Alaska Airlines - codeshare and frequent flyer benefits

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...frequent-flyer

Originally posted by Straits Times
    SINGAPORE - Singapore Airlines (SIA) has inked an agreement with Alaska Airlines to launch codeshare flights and a frequent flyer programme partnership.

The agreement takes effect from Sept 27, subject to regulatory approvals, SIA said on Thursday (Aug 31).

Members of each airline's frequent flyer programme would be able to earn and redeem miles on flights operated by either airline, although members of Alaska Airlines' frequent flyer programme will only be able to redeem miles for SIA flights at a later date.
    Now, does this mean SQ will soon fly to Seattle?

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...frequent-flyer

Now, does this mean SQ will soon fly to Seattle?
    Would be a clever way to get people to Canada using US regulatory approvals in the absence of Canada playing ball. But does SEA offer much time advantage over SFO? I'm not sure how all those long arcs work...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      Would be a clever way to get people to Canada using US regulatory approvals in the absence of Canada playing ball. But does SEA offer much time advantage over SFO? I'm not sure how all those long arcs work...
      The reason I mentioned SEA is that Seattle/Tacoma Intl is AS's home hub. So if SQ is going to codeshare with AS, I would imagine that SEA would offer the more opportunity to do that than SFO. Take a look at their route map here.

Good point on the Canadian backdoor route. I know you can drive through at the border quite easily but am not sure if that differs from flying over.

Comment

I wonder whether this agreement reflect the recent merger between Virgin America and Alaska and this is to fill the gap following the closure of Virgin America's frequent flyer scheme?

Comment

Just got an email from SQ announcing the possibility to earn and redeem KrisFlyer miles on Alaska Airlines with a beautiful background photo of Seattle. Perhaps SQ is trying to give us a hint of a new non-stop US destination

Distance wise it’s slightly below SFO so potentially able to be served with the standard 359.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
            Just got an email from SQ announcing the possibility to earn and redeem KrisFlyer miles on Alaska Airlines with a beautiful background photo of Seattle. Perhaps SQ is trying to give us a hint of a new non-stop US destination

Distance wise it’s slightly below SFO so potentially able to be served with the standard 359.
            I hope that would be true. Then I don't need to stopover in TPE.

Comment

Free 1st checked-in bag for PPS, please! By Dec 6, when I'm flying AS.

Comment

Working...
              X