SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > General > SQTalk Community

Old 14th November 2016, 04:43 PM   #61
Kyo
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, KF*S, MPC Green, SPG Plat, Ex-BA*G, Ex-HH*D, IC RA, Ex-BD55

Too late to join the guys? I heard it went on til 3am...
Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2016, 02:47 PM   #62
HUGE AL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez

Got in early this morning from UA's OMG-O'clock flight and jetlagging from the ridiculous departure and arrival times -- not to mention the EXTREME turbulence we encountered almost the entire flight over the Pacific. [Pretty sure that was my very last UA longhaul.]

Every time I fly other airlines, I come away with a nostalgic appreciation for the incredible crews onboard SQ. Now I know it's UA I'M talking about here, but I routinely would return to my seat shaking my head whenever I got up.

It was great to see so many old friends and meet some new ones. yflyer certainly was the celebrity!

HUGE thanks to MAN Flyer and StarG for organizing a fantastic event with equally fantastic individuals!! MAN Flyer's spreadsheet skills are second to none and I'm glad he wants to do it for the next one.

[It took me over 5 minutes to type this up. I'm a wreck. LOL]
Old 16th November 2016, 12:05 AM   #63
9V-JKL

I am so glad to have met up old friends and meet new ones. Thanks ManFlyer & StarG for putting this together

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGE AL View Post
I'm glad he wants to do it for the next one.
He mentioned to me that he thinks we should do this annually.... but I don't know if it was him or the DP/Krug talking...
9V-JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 04:27 AM   #64
SilverChris
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Shame I couldn't make it to what sounds like a great event. Hope to be there for the next one!
SilverChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 11:03 AM   #65
HUGE AL

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-JKL View Post
He mentioned to me that he thinks we should do this annually.... but I don't know if it was him or the DP/Krug talking...
He wants to organize this annually?!? Outstanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChris View Post
Shame I couldn't make it to what sounds like a great event. Hope to be there for the next one!
Take it from someone who has boneheadedly missed at least three major gatherings in life using the excuse (because at the end of the day, that's all it is) of work, you DO NOT want to miss these things. The memories (sometimes lack thereof ) will last a lifetime and are priceless!
Old 21st November 2016, 04:28 AM   #66
MAN Flyer
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG Plat75, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia

Quote:
MAN Flyer's spreadsheet skills are second to none and I'm glad he wants to do it for the next one.
Err, I think you'll find I said exactly the opposite of that actually!. That was a rather stressful day, although undoubtedly great fun. I can now look back on it a week later with a big smile and great fondness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-JKL View Post
The DP and Krug was encouraging numerous SQTalkers to declare it should be annual, so I'll do the ten yearly ones and leave the inbetweeners to others.

Last edited by MAN Flyer; 21st November 2016 at 04:54 AM..
MAN Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 08:54 PM   #67
yflyer

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold, Qantas Gold/Oneworld Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer View Post
I think yflyer may have realised how much his fantastic TR's are appreciated going off how many times he was told this by everyone.
Very pleasantly surprised! I enjoy writing them -- and reading everyone elses comments and TR's too!

Quote:
was great to see so many old friends and meet some new ones. yflyer certainly was the celebrity!
Nah...just following in the footsteps of the SQTalk old timers, who have written some spectacular TR's over the years!...I just wish they (That means all of you there that day!) would come out of retirement and write more! Those were the TR's that inspired me to get started!

Quote:
HUGE thanks to MAN Flyer and StarG
Second that! Thanks, MAN Flyer and StarG!
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 11:53 AM   #68
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: PPS by the grace of SQ

Quote:
Take it from someone who has boneheadedly missed at least three major gatherings in life using the excuse (because at the end of the day, that's all it is) of work, you DO NOT want to miss these things. The memories (sometimes lack thereof ) will last a lifetime and are priceless!
And you'll also discover that his pseudonym doesn't describe him physically. Many thanks, MAN Flyer and StarG.
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 07:57 PM   #69
Pinkfloyd
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: Going, going..... Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonMan View Post
And you'll also discover that his pseudonym doesn't describe him physically. Many thanks, MAN Flyer and StarG.
Lol....
Old 26th November 2016, 11:56 PM   #70
StarG
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ TPP22, CX DM, BA S, DL P, GA CB, HGP D, HH D, SPG G, Hertz P

It was great to meet up with old friends as well as some new ones.
Thank you again MAN Flyer for taking care of most of the organizing.
I'm sure seeing how successful the events went gave you such joy and great pleasures that you might change your mind later about organizing the next one only in 10 years.
DPs and Krugs were copious that I think they outnumbered still water bottles in our tables!
StarG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 01:04 AM   #71
Kyo
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, KF*S, MPC Green, SPG Plat, Ex-BA*G, Ex-HH*D, IC RA, Ex-BD55

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarG View Post
It was great to meet up with old friends as well as some new ones.
Thank you again MAN Flyer for taking care of most of the organizing.
I'm sure seeing how successful the events went gave you such joy and great pleasures that you might change your mind later about organizing the next one only in 10 years.
DPs and Krugs were copious that I think they outnumbered still water bottles in our tables!
There was water???!!?
Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote