A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
    9V-SMT went into cabin fit yesterday. There is now a possibility that both SMS & SMT will roll out onto Flight Line before the end of November. Depending on the pace of pre-flight and flight testing, SMS could be delivered at the end of December and SMT in mid-January. Let's wait and see.
    That timeline would match SQ's schedule for BNE roll outs.

Comment

• 9V-SMS (#19) completed her First Flight yesterday, just 10 days after rolling out onto the Flight Line. I can't recall another SQ frame completing her First Flight so soon after Roll Out. SMS is also the first SQ A359 frame without the SQ logo on the tail before painting. Talk is that she will be flown to XFW to be painted, also a first for a SQ frame. At the rate she is moving along the production line, 9V-SMS could be delivered at the end of November. 9V-SMT (#20) is expected to be rolled out onto the Flight Line sometime next month.

Picture source: a380.boards.net
      Last edited by SQKevin; 21 October 2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• 9V-SMT (#20) being towed to cabin fit earlier this month.

Comment

• Wonder when will we see a Star Alliance A359
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Thanks for the pictures and updates SQKevin. Looks great so far.

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
            Wonder when will we see a Star Alliance A359
            That's a very good question. I had the same question about this as well, but mostly I've only seen them do so for the Boeing aircraft (744 9V-SPP, which I actually flew on in 2008 on SQ1) and our current 773 and 77W.

IIRC, I thought at one point I saw pics but not real images of Airbus aircraft (like the 380) that had a Star Alliance Livery. Let's keep our hopes up.

Comment

• MSN216 will be the first A359ULR and will feature new winglets.

https://leehamnews.com/2017/10/25/ai...harklets-a350/
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                MSN216 will be the first A359ULR and will feature new winglets.

https://leehamnews.com/2017/10/25/ai...harklets-a350/
                Fuselage sections for the first A350-900ULR are arriving at Station 59, the 1st station of the FAL.

Comment

9V-SMS (#19) completed her First Flight yesterday, just 10 days after rolling out onto the Flight Line. I can't recall another SQ frame completing her First Flight so soon after Roll Out. SMS is also the first SQ A359 frame without the SQ logo on the tail before painting. Talk is that she will be flown to XFW to be painted, also a first for a SQ frame. At the rate she is moving along the production line, 9V-SMS could be delivered at the end of November. 9V-SMT (#20) is expected to be rolled out onto the Flight Line sometime next month.

9V-SMS has arrived at XFW for painting. She should be there for 2 weeks before she is flown back to Toulouse for further Flight Testing & Delivery.

Comment

9V-SMT (#20) being towed to cabin fit earlier this month.

The way you're saying it so far, SMS could be delivered by the end of this month and SMT by the end of December. That would then conclude 20 longhaul A350's. I wonder when the 359ULR deliveries will begin.

Comment

• In the unofficial A350 production list, after SMU, the next 7 SQ birds are all ULR versions.
                      And they span 7 of the 29 frames Airbus will build in that time. (assuming they're all built in sequence)
                      Assuming they build 13 planes a month as planned, that's just about 2.5 months to deliver all 7.
                      That would be really something

It also list Oct '18 as 1st ULR delivery

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        The way you're saying it so far, SMS could be delivered by the end of this month and SMT by the end of December. That would then conclude 20 longhaul A350's. I wonder when the 359ULR deliveries will begin.
                        Both SMS and SMT are currently in the Paint Hanger. SMS in XFW and SMT in Toulouse. Both frames are expected to emerge from the Paint Hanger next week or the following week. SMS will have completed 3 Test Flights by the time she returns to Toulouse making a Delivery at the end of November a real possibility. SMT, on the other, needs to complete the entire pre-first flight and flight testing procedure. This will make her a late December Delivery.

SMU is currently in Station 30 of the FAL and will emerge fully assembled sometime this month or next. She still has to undergo cabin & engine fitting and Painting, which will take a month and a half, before she goes into pre-flight and flight testing. She is expected to be delivered in March 2018.

Comment

SMU is currently in Station 30 of the FAL and will emerge fully assembled sometime this month or next. She still has to undergo cabin & engine fitting and Painting, which will take a month and a half, before she goes into pre-flight and flight testing. She is expected to be delivered in March 2018.
                          We can probably expect an announcement about a new A350 route beginning by April then.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            In the unofficial A350 production list, after SMU, the next 7 SQ birds are all ULR versions.
                            And they span 7 of the 29 frames Airbus will build in that time. (assuming they're all built in sequence)
                            Assuming they build 13 planes a month as planned, that's just about 2.5 months to deliver all 7.
                            That would be really something

It also list Oct '18 as 1st ULR delivery
                            You mean SMT right? SMT is the 20th 350 since we have SMC and SMO. Would SMU be the regional 350? I thought they'd start off with a different series

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              You mean SMT right? SMT is the 20th 350 since we have SMC and SMO. Would SMU be the regional 350? I thought they'd start off with a different series
                              Nope. I meant SMU.
                              Regional A359 may not happen.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                Nope. I meant SMU.
                                Regional A359 may not happen.....
                                Ok so that would be 21 long haul A350's then. Beyond that, we'll see. I am guessing this because there's an article on the other thread of the mention of Recaro seats on the 787-10 and the A350's so it is a *possible* sign we can still have a regional version of the 350.

Comment

Working...
                                X