SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• The MightyAsian, here's your photo of 9V-SRJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
        The MightyAsian, here's your photo of 9V-SRJ.

Still wearing the SQ regs though. The livery is nice. Looks like only 2 purple cabin craft left

Comment

• Thanks SQKevin ��

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            Still wearing the SQ regs though. The livery is nice. Looks like only 2 purple cabin craft left
            1 actually which is SVF. SRJ/L are in Ultimo seats which are blue.

Comment

• SRL has been taken out of the BKK run to serve BWN. SQ8992/SQ8991 seem like special flights. Can anyone shed some light?

Comment

• I should have consulted Google earlier. The plane was used to ferry our SAF boys to their Brunei jungle training.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
                  I should have consulted Google earlier. The plane was used to ferry our SAF boys to their Brunei jungle training.
                  Hehe! (Assuming you are male) it seems like you've not done this flight yourself! Back when I flew it, it was also an SR series with Ultimo seats. Of course the J cabin was reserved for the instructors, according to rank.

I don't think the IFE was switched on, and the cabin crew had the most sullen faces. I think nearly everyone stole the pillow from the cabin. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                    Hehe! (Assuming you are male) it seems like you've not done this flight yourself! Back when I flew it, it was also an SR series with Ultimo seats. Of course the J cabin was reserved for the instructors, according to rank.
                    I belonged to an artillery unit, so my overseas stints comprised Thailand and Taiwan trips. There was once, though, I volunteered to be attached to OCS for their Taiwan topo exercise.

The flight up north took place in a China Airlines B747. The officer cadets all flew Economy, while their officers and us attached signallers enjoyed ourselves in Business. Sure, I didn't get full Business inflight service, but the experience of having a wide seat in a roomy upper deck blew me away. Remember, I was only 20.

Comment

I don't think the IFE was switched on, and the cabin crew had the most sullen faces. I think nearly everyone stole the pillow from the cabin. LOL!

Flew on the same flight too, but was on a MEGATOP B747-400! The IFE was switched on and the crew were fine, but the catering was dismal... Fried rice with minimal proteins for main course and canned fruit cocktail for dessert. Also, soft drinks were very limited and quickly ran out. Also flew on the chartered B772 SR series to Kaohsiung with similar service.
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Wow 747s for both of you!!! All I can say is that I must be much younger than you guys

On one of my instructor trips to Thailand, was lucky to scrap the last J seat on an MI A320. At take off with the usual A320 Buzzzzawww, my fellow instructor next to me gave me a shocked look and said 'Is that sound normal?'

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                          Flew on the same flight too, but was on a MEGATOP B747-400! The IFE was switched on and the crew were fine, but the catering was dismal... Fried rice with minimal proteins for main course and canned fruit cocktail for dessert. Also, soft drinks were very limited and quickly ran out. Also flew on the chartered B772 SR series to Kaohsiung with similar service.
                          Eh? I didn't know SAF sends its boys to Kaohsiung. I always thought it was TPE, followed by the 4-hour bus ride with bian dang down to Hengchun.

With regards to the catering, well, remember that we had "home-cooked food" (meals prepared by our SAF cooks) before SFI or Foodfare were brought in. So, having food prepared by SATS was already a luxury. Don't you agree?

Comment

Wow 747s for both of you!!! All I can say is that I must be much younger than you guys

On one of my instructor trips to Thailand, was lucky to scrap the last J seat on an MI A320. At take off with the usual A320 Buzzzzawww, my fellow instructor next to me gave me a shocked look and said 'Is that sound normal?'
                            You should've told him, "Ask the folks at SQTalk.com."

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
                              Eh? I didn't know SAF sends its boys to Kaohsiung. I always thought it was TPE, followed by the 4-hour bus ride with bian dang down to Hengchun.
                              Haha, I belong to that generation! Back then, we were flown to Kaohsiung in the B747-212 (Super-B) on an early morning, 4 hour flight, then it was another 2 hour bus ride to Hengchun. I clearly remember the outbound flight was operated by 9V-SQS. We were in Economy class and the officers in Business & First Class. The cabin crew was SQ and I remember the stewardess telling us which food items were from SQ and which were from SAF, when light refreshments were being served!

Comment

• OK troops, sorry to deviate from Memory Lane but the purple cabin club has been given new deployments...

SRL only missed its evening flight pair for two days, replaced by SV-refitted craft. It maintained its morning flight pair every day, however.

SVF on the other hand has been taken off its usual MNL assignment and is working for TR again. First a flight to SYD, then for 3 nights running it's headed to MEL in place of a Scoot 787.

Comment

Working...
                                X