• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing bags on SQ?

This could be why

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41330272

What an Idiot!

Comment

I wonder if the airlines and insurance companies will sue this guy to collect back the claims they paid out.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        I wonder if the airlines and insurance companies will sue this guy to collect back the claims they paid out.
        Doubt it will make any sense if the guy is not wealthy

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
          Doubt it will make any sense if the guy is not wealthy
          Unless, those people with missing bags are working with him to scam insurance money! But no reason for his mischief was given in the press.

Comment

Not sure if this is possible?

A friend of mine, had items stolen from his shop. The police told him that he cannot make a police report (and get the person prosecuted) AND demand for compensation of the items stolen. Since this guy has been prosecuted, is he still liable for compensation?

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
              Not sure if this is possible?

A friend of mine, had items stolen from his shop. The police told him that he cannot make a police report (and get the person prosecuted) AND demand for compensation of the items stolen. Since this guy has been prosecuted, is he still liable for compensation?
              Law of double jeopardy

Comment

This guy is an employee of the baggage handling company and his company will have to bear the consequences of his act in the course of work. Insurance companies who had compensated travelers for delayed baggage have the rights to sue the handling company under the law of tort. I'm sure they will do it.

Comment

Imaging arriving into freezing cold weather in Northern Europe, then realized that suitcase containing those winter wear went over to another city, and you are moving from city to city with hotel been booked, and everyday try contacting the lost and found office in the airport, in sending the suitcase to your preferred city, this form of mischief should be severely punish, and send a clear message to the culprit, it should be zero degree tolerance.
                  Pretty sadden to hear that this offender is a senior citizen age 63! Oh my god, what wrong with our senior citizen that is old enough to be a Grandfather!
                  Last edited by jasonahl; 21 September 2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                    Law of double jeopardy
                    Shouldn't civil and criminal be separate?
                    Last edited by reddevil0728; 21 September 2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                      Law of double jeopardy
                      How did you reach this conclusion? This is not what the principle of "law of double jeopardy" is. Reddevil0728 is bang on the nail.

Comment

Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                        How did you reach this conclusion? This is not what the principle of "law of double jeopardy" is. Reddevil0728 is bang on the nail.
                        Yup double jeopardy only applies to criminal law. Civil suits are seperate

Comment

Did you hear the one about a man who sued an airline for his lost luggage? He lost his case.

Comment

Working...
                          X