Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    It's just getting worse and worse.
    As SQ downgrade the champagne in their F only lounge, QR serve Krug in their JCL lounge....

Service in TPR was unbelievably slow last week. Not sure why as to be fair they are normally pretty good. But I waited that long for water I ended up walking back into the SKL F to get my own.

They have removed the token gesture hot dishes from the far side of the TPR. Not surprising as I never saw anyone get anything from there.

TPR is quite similar to BA's CCR. It's nice, quiet and 'exclusive' most of the time but the menu you order from is very limited so you find yourself going back into SKL F (or BA F lounge in BA's case) if you want anything else. The CCR has far better views though due to TPR being stuck with those annoying steel grills bolted on the windows.

Comment

• I'd like to check if there is any policy on TPR entry for minors? I'm looking for some J redemption ex-SIN, however, might intend to do F/suite waitlist to see if they clear. If minors are not allowed in TPR with F ticket, then maybe I'd not waste the hassle on the F redemption waitlist.

Comment

• When you say 'policy' are you asking are they allowed in ?. If so then yes they are. My sister and mother were in their with my 10 month old nephew last year. There is a small separate room on the left at the far end with a few kids items.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          When you say 'policy' are you asking are they allowed in ?. If so then yes they are. My sister and mother were in their with my 10 month old nephew last year. There is a small separate room on the left at the far end with a few kids items.
          Yes, thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that kids or infant are not allowed into the TPR.

Comment

• I was in TPR about ten days ago and was staggered at the behaviour of one of the pax in there. This guy was in shorts (no problem with that as a rule but these were really scruffy) sat, no actually laying, on one of the single chairs they have near the windows with a table in front of him and having taken his shoes off he has his bare feet stretched so far over the table he was using as a foot rest they were sticking out into the space that people walk up and down to get to the dining area. On top of this he was on his phone with the volume turned up so loud you could hear him before you could see him.

At first I thought it may be me thinking this was inappropriate, for anywhere never mind a business lounge like this, but I was sat past him and facing the entrance and I could see by the looks on all pax and staff that walked past him that he looked and was behaving like a ****. I ended up leaving without finishing my drink and going to the SKL F as it was either that or 'have a word' and I have a feeling that may not have ended well....
            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 29 March 2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• I have always wondered what goes on in the minds of the people who behave this way...

I've not encountered anything at this level of obnoxiousness...although lounge guests speaking loudly into cell phones is all too common...maybe I've been guilty of that too on one (or two) occasions, when I have had to take work phone calls in an open lounge. I have learnt that if you need to say "Bill-of-Materials" over the phone in an airport lounge, say the words in full, and not the abbreviation, like "I have the BOM"...

Comment

I ended up leaving without finishing my drink and going to the SKL F as it was either that or 'have a word' and I have a feeling that may not have ended well....
                Having witnessed what happens when MAN Flyer has "a word," it would have been a better story, I think. And the world would be a better place.

A few years ago in NW WorldClub, a guy was speaking super loud in his phone as he was on an interview. I walked up next to him and joined in on the conversation. He proceeded to curse me out profusely. I then reminded him of the interviewer on the other line. A few more swear words were uttered before he was informed that he was no longer in consideration for the job.

JL has phone booths in their HND F Lounge…and signs all over the place to use them instead of using your phone in the public spaces. Let us return to the old days of the booths!
                HUGE AL

Comment

• Does the TPR have any printers?

Comment

• At the back, I believe. Otherwise tell them what you need and they'll print it for you...

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      Having witnessed what happens when MAN Flyer has "a word," it would have been a better story, I think. And the world would be a better place.
                      Maybe for you but it would have probably ended in a ban for me....

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      At the back, I believe. Otherwise tell them what you need and they'll print it for you...
                      There are two Mac's at the far end on the right but no printers with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by rcn View Post
                        Does the TPR have any printers?
                        Nope.

You need to email the staff in the PC area or give them a USB stick

A total pain

Comment

• Can confirm the above as I popped in to check last week

Comment

Maybe for you but it would have probably ended in a ban for me....
                            Nah. I'm sure you would have tactfully handled the situation.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

• Does anyone find the Private Room starting to feel very stale and basically overdue for a revamp? I mean, the decor is starting to look old and tired, and the food menu... they never changed. And as for service, nothing much to speak of. When it first opened, there was a lot of Wow factor. Now, not so much.

Comment

• They used to change the menu a bit, but then it more or less stagnated.

Comment

Working...
                                X