Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DBS Altitude Visa Card - no more 1.6miles per $1 spent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBS Altitude Visa Card - no more 1.6miles per $1 spent?

Received a DBS Altitude Visa mailer today that says that there is no longer 1.6miles per $1 spent after spending $2k a month, effective 1 Dec. This is not updated on the dbs site as of now. Did anyone else get this?

Makes it no different from the Citi Premiermiles (which i have ditched).

U should use uob card from now on...haha local 1.6, overseas 2.5.....i used anz card on last time, when 2.8 for overseas...but i keep all those citi, anz and DBS card..just for paying annual fees~~~200dollars can get 10000-12000miles, not bad~~~

Comment

It's 1.2 miles per $1 for local spending and 2 miles per $1 for overseas spend. Terminated the card last month.

Comment

Got the letter as well. I thought the end of being able to pay income tax with this card would signal its demise but this is truly the nail in the coffin. Thanks DBS. Was fun while it lasted..

Comment

Originally posted by shinkun View Post
          U should use uob card from now on...haha local 1.6, overseas 2.5.....i used anz card on last time, when 2.8 for overseas...but i keep all those citi, anz and DBS card..just for paying annual fees~~~200dollars can get 10000-12000miles, not bad~~~
          UOB PRVI Miles AMEX awards 8 miles for every S$5 spent. There will be alot of rounding off for all your transactions in 1 month's statement, because most of the time you are unable to charge in exact S$5. Average out, the rate you earn will be the same or even lower than ANZ's S$1=1.4 miles. ANZ take into consideration the cents part before rounding off the miles.

You can try to calculate the number of miles earned for 1 month's UOB PRVI Miles statement. After that calculate how many miles you will earn for all the same transactions if you charge it to ANZ Travel card.

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
            It's 1.2 miles per $1 for local spending and 2 miles per $1 for overseas spend. Terminated the card last month.
            *LIKE*

Please boycott DBS Cards!!

Transfer in blocks of 20,000 KrisFlyer miles is such a HUGE turnoff.

Since the DBS Altitude card was launched in 2007, from 2009 onwards, they have been increasing the blocks from 500 miles to 1000 miles to 2000 miles to 10000 miles and now 20000 miles!!!

STOP using DBS cards!! Once DBS notice that less people use their cards, they will wake up their idea, if not they think that we do not have any other alternative cards to use!!

Comment

Support ANZ Travel Card!!

ANZ Travel Card is the BEST card!!

1. Earns miles for every S$1 spent, not every S$5 spent. Better if take the cents part into calculation before rounding off the miles.

2. All merchants accepts the card like Polyclinics, SP Services, VBOX, Subway, McDonald's, Popeyes, hence VISA/MasterCard is preferred.

3. No need to create huge blocks of miles to transfer. In blocks of 1000 miles is still acceptable. Blocks of 10000 & 20000 miles is NOT. Takes about 5 working days to transfer to Asia Miles.

4. Earns 5% rebates for EZ-Link and Grocery at Cold Storage & Giant + FREE Limo ride to airport for charging >S$1500 a month, it's a bonus!

5. At least 2 frequent flyer programs to transfer.

6. 5 years validity for the miles earned is acceptable. If no expiry is better but not essential. But if it expires every June or December the same year like for Maybank Horizon VISA if you are not a Rewards Infinite member and every 2 years for UOB PRVI Miles is NOT.

7. FREE conversion to KrisFlyer & Asia Miles. (Offset from cashback earned from EZ-Link & Grocery rebate)

Comment

Do they change the DBS point earnings rate or the DBS points to Krisflyermiles conversion rate?
                I tried to find out but it is not stated in the letter nor on the website.

That would make a big difference for me because I'm sitting on a huge amount in DBS points. Do I have to hurry and convert?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoatBoy View Post
                  Do they change the DBS point earnings rate or the DBS points to Krisflyermiles conversion rate?
                  I tried to find out but it is not stated in the letter nor on the website.

That would make a big difference for me because I'm sitting on a huge amount in DBS points. Do I have to hurry and convert?
                  "Please note that with effect from 2 September 2013, miles transfers are effected in blocks of 10,000 DBS Points to 20,000 KrisFlyer miles."

Changed the DBS points to KrisFlyer miles conversion rate to 10000 DBS points to 20000 KrisFlyer miles.

Convert your DBS points fast and stop using DBS cards.

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                    "Please note that with effect from 2 September 2013, miles transfers are effected in blocks of 10,000 DBS Points to 20,000 KrisFlyer miles."

Changed the DBS points to KrisFlyer miles conversion rate to 10000 DBS points to 20000 KrisFlyer miles.

Convert your DBS points fast and stop using DBS cards.
                    But that means the conversion rate does NOT change. I don't want to convert unless I need to, because Krisflyer miles expire after 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoatBoy View Post
                      But that means the conversion rate does NOT change. I don't want to convert unless I need to, because Krisflyer miles expire after 3 years.
                      Yes, the conversion rate does not change and has never changed since it started.

BUT banks are smart, the number of blocks to transfer kept increasing year after year. 2007 was 500 miles, 2009 onwards kept increasing 2x to 1000, 2000, 4000 then 10,000 and in 2013 becomes 20,000 miles.

You decide for yourself if you want to take the risk if the new rewards catalogue in 2014, they increase the number of blocks of miles to transfer again.

Comment

I actually settled for Citibank's Premier Miles. It's a decent all-around card.

1.2 miles per dollar locally, 2 miles per dollar abroad, 10k bonus miles upon paying your annual fee.

I put all my spending to this one card and managed to get quite a bit out of it.

Some cards periodically have better rates and promotions but I'm too lazy to keep up with them. I'm sticking with this.

Comment

I like the Citi Prestige Card. Am also able to make bill payments via AXS to earn miles.

Comment

Very annoying use of "Enhancement" in the e-mailer as well. What is enhanced?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              Very annoying use of "Enhancement" in the e-mailer as well. What is enhanced?
                              Totally agree. I re-read the mailer twice as i thought i missed out the "enhancement"!! Seriously, DBS..

Comment

Working...
                              X