Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    I think SHU may still come.

I noticed that some of the earlier MSN originally assigned to SQ still do not seem to have a 9V-rego attached to it; namely 460, 469, 472.
    Perhaps SQKevin might have more info.
    Besides 9V-SHT and 9V-SHV, 2 other SQ A350s have been built and in different stages of production. Msn 469 was reported last month to be in full SQ colours though no photos have been posted of her yet. I suspect that this could be 9V-SHU.

Msn 472 has also been painted in full SQ colours and without engines (photo below). The window configuration at the rear section of the aircraft indicates it's the Long Range version, that is, the 9V-SJ* registration series. Msn 460 has not been sighted to date. I suspect that she is a Long Range version as well. So Msn 460 and Msn 472 could be 9V-SJB and 9V-SJC, respectively.

Last edited by SQKevin; 26 February 2021, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I think SHU may still come.

I noticed that some of the earlier MSN originally assigned to SQ still do not seem to have a 9V-rego attached to it; namely 460, 469, 472.
      Perhaps SQKevin might have more info.
      You're right, MSN 469 is 9V-SHU (no activity yet).

So we have:

460 -SJB (SQKevin)
      464 -SHT
      469 -SHU
      472 -SJC (SQKevin)
      475 -SHV
      485 -?

Comment

• MSN 472 is 9V-SJB: 9V-SJB

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
          MSN 472 is 9V-SJB: 9V-SJB
          So it looks like Msn 460, which has never been seen, may not have been assigned to SQ after all.

Comment

• SQ A350s to be delivered (based on current info):

460 -?
            464 -SHT
            469 -SHU
            472 -SJB
            475 -SHV
            485 -?
            494 -?
            514 -?
            Last edited by SQKevin; 27 February 2021, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
              So it looks like Msn 460, which has never been seen, may not have been assigned to SQ after all.
              A surprise ULR? Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                ...The window configuration at the rear section of the aircraft indicates it's the Long Range version, that is, the 9V-SJ* registration series.
                Apologies for asking a probably very obvious question, but @SQKevin how can you tell the window config at the rear section of the aircraft indicates it's the Long Range version? As far as I can tell both window config at the rear for both the Regional and Long Range version of SQ's A350 looks the same to me - at least from the part of the shown shown?

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                  Apologies for asking a probably very obvious question, but @SQKevin how can you tell the window config at the rear section of the aircraft indicates it's the Long Range version? As far as I can tell both window config at the rear for both the Regional and Long Range version of SQ's A350 looks the same to me - at least from the part of the shown shown?
                  The last window is plugged on the LH versions as the toilet is there. The regional versions have another row of seats and get the full complement of windows

Comment

The last window is plugged on the LH versions as the toilet is there. The regional versions have another row of seats and get the full complement of windows
                    Yes, that is correct. The Long Haul version has the last window plugged unlike the Regional version which has the full complement of windows.

9V-SJA (Msn 364), A350-900 Long Haul

9V-SHS (Msn 447), A350-900 Regional

Comment

Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                      Yes, that is correct. The Long Haul version has the last window plugged unlike the Regional version which has the full complement of windows.

9V-SJA (Msn 364), A350-900 Long Haul

9V-SHS (Msn 447), A350-900 Regional
                      Thank you so much for the explanation @9V-JKL and @SQKevin - I get it now. The pictures certainly helped a great deal, so thank you all!

Comment

• LHS toil

G'day

why does the presence of the toilet on the LH350 require a window to be plugged unlike the regional ? Thank you.
                        https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

• Originally posted by fablee View Post
                          G'day

why does the presence of the toilet on the LH350 require a window to be plugged unlike the regional ? Thank you.
                          @fablee - This is purely my guess, so I could be totally wrong. Anyway I just checked SQ’s A350 seatmaps today. On the LH350’s, on the port side, there is a toilet, and on the starboard side, it is the galley, both towards the end of the aircraft just before doors 4L/4R, therefore I reckon a window meets to be plugged as there are no pax seats beside it - could also be due to plumbing etc running alongside the side walls/panels.

For the regional A350’s, there are pax seats on both sides right up until doors 4L/4R, with the toilet being at the last row in the middle section, therefore no plugging of windows are required for those?

Comment

• I think its also how airlines configure their toilets.
                            I don't recall any SQ toilets having any windows so they just fill up that window; reduces maintenance cost also in not having a window.

This post from yflyer shows perfectly what's taking the last windows on the LH A350s.
                            http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...7&postcount=29

Comment

• Thanks, SQKevin and 9V-JKL for sharing this tip on how to differentiate long haul and regional A350's...

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              I think its also how airlines configure their toilets.
                              I don't recall any SQ toilets having any windows so they just fill up that window; reduces maintenance cost also in not having a window.

This post from yflyer shows perfectly what's taking the last windows on the LH A350s.
                              http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...7&postcount=29
                              As an additional bit of trivia, Cathay's A350-900's actually do have a window in at least some of their forward toilets. Some pics from a TR here.

Comment

I think its also how airlines configure their toilets.
                                [/url]
                                If my memory serves me right, SIA's A345s had windows in the lavatories. Think TG had them as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X