Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    no - that was 996/995 i think
    Yup. This was definitely a SIN-BKK turnaround flight.

Comment

SQ62/63 also had the Megatops. Been on these flights a few times. SQ also used to fly SIN-BKK-SEL on A343s (flew once) as well as SIN-BKK-KIX and SIN-BKK-NRT.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
        Yup. This was definitely a SIN-BKK turnaround flight.
        I remember the Old modus operandi when flying SIN-LAX

Fly SIN-BKK on SQ974, short wait in BKK

fly BKK-NRT on SQ996 - spend a day in Narita town of if a bit more brave timewise - in Tokyo.

Run back to the airport and fly NRT-LAX on SQ12

this had the net effect (in J) of getting 7.5 PPS sectors (1.25+2.5+3.75) instead of 5 for taking SQ12 all the way.

Definitely a win win for me back then when i was younger and more foolish......

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
          SQ62/63 also had the Megatops. Been on these flights a few times. SQ also used to fly SIN-BKK-SEL on A343s (flew once) as well as SIN-BKK-KIX and SIN-BKK-NRT.
          And now SIA group also flying SIN-BKK-KIX with their brand new B787-9 dreamliner...

Comment

A little more nostalgia of how little things in Y have evolved over the years...

The previous generation of blankets that provided more static than warmth...

When flights within Asia still had cheese and crackers...

...and appetizers came with a salad dressing...

The red foil on the SQ UHT milk has since made way for the dark blue ones...

The red zip-loc amenity kits became dark blue in color before finally transforming into the Givenchy pouches...

SQ branded Kimchi served with your meals ex-ICN.

...not forgetting the SQ branded tasty Korean hot pepper paste..

Sugar came in rectangular sachets instead of the current 'tube-like' sachets.

Last edited by icn.sg; 15 October 2015, 11:42 PM.

Comment

When SQ had hideous looking red tableware...and red sugar/salt/pepper sachets...

In the lavatories, "E" class branded dental kits in plastic containers.

The little yellow packers of nuts have since been replaced by the beautiful golden packets...

Light purple pillow cases instead of the nicer ones with trimming that we see now...

With matching headrest covers...

Red themed amenities in the lavatories...

"E" class labelled cologne and hand cream. This generation of mouth wash also had stronger minty kick...
              The after-shave lotion is no longer a feature in Y today...

And finally... who still remembers the poorly synced "hav-have a pleasant flight" safety video from 2 generations ago....

Last edited by icn.sg; 15 October 2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X