• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
    Did you mean the wine glass here?
    Yes, exactly! Thanks for the pic!

Comment

Thanks great report. Interesting product, but still not an attractive proposition vs. J on the ME3 at the current prices ex LHR. If I were to fly SQ again ex LHR I'd probably stick with economy and take a preferred seat.

Hope you enjoyed Reading :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
        Thanks great report. Interesting product, but still not an attractive proposition vs. J on the ME3 at the current prices ex LHR. If I were to fly SQ again ex LHR I'd probably stick with economy and take a preferred seat.

Hope you enjoyed Reading :-)
        Thanks, mr_botak! Yes, Reading was great...I've always enjoyed visiting Reading, although I have to admit I haven't spent that much time exploring the town so far.

I've had quite a few nice meals there over the years, including this fillet steak on the bone at Miller & Carter steakhouse last week, right in the Reading city centre...

Comment

Yflyer, you have done an excellent job with this report. The best premium economy class I have travelled (not having travelled SQ PEY) was Air New Zealand's in their 777-300ER. I have travelled twice BNE-AKL-LAX-LHR. While 8 hours longer than travelling over Singapore, I felt it was totally worth it, even at a cost of $5300 return each time. But your report has given me an alternative to try. Once again, excellent work.

Comment

Thanks for this TR, super informative and very clear now what this product is all about.

Just on the hardware and software itself, I am very impressed. I think it's definitely something I would have gone for.

But but ... the price is still an issue I feel. Not competitive compared to other airlines' J class.

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            At the right price point, I would most definitely consider it for personal trips to Europe and the US.

However, on the issue of price, if one looks at SIN-FRA return for Apr16, one can see that the price difference between the Super Deal and PEY is about 2.5 times ($1.3k vs $3.2k) and with the Full Flexi, it is 35% more ($2.4k vs $3.2k). I stand by my opinion that the premium for the Premium is a little high. It would look as if they worked out the PEY fare at about 50% of J.
            Indeed, to me, this is not the correct price point. I would be flying J with Finnair and the ME3 for slightly more than this. In fact VN J fares are below that.

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
            Actually I thought they want to do this to give frequent Y flyers a taste of what PEY can offer so they maybe tempted to fly it next time. So it's all about marketing strategy I Guess.
            Yes, and yflyer must be a GOLD. And the target market seems to be business people on regular travel.

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            Comparison with SQ Economy

Value for Money

A day before I set out on this trip, I called up SQ to see how much it would cost to upgrade my flexible Y (Booking class E, mind you, not an unrestricted Y ticket) to PEY…the nice contact center agent on the phone said, yes it was possible, but it would cost in the region of SGD1200 one way. That was too high for me.

I think it's too high. For India, I think it's just SGD150 or so per way which I think is very reasonable on the horrible night flight home. This is as per my last check when it was launched.

3K+ for a PEY to Europe again is a no no considering I can already fly J with that range.

Comment

Great TR as usual yflyer.

In PEY, did the pax in front of you have to adjust the seat upright for the meal service?

Comment

Originally posted by qantas_flyer View Post
                Yflyer, you have done an excellent job with this report. The best premium economy class I have travelled (not having travelled SQ PEY) was Air New Zealand's in their 777-300ER. I have travelled twice BNE-AKL-LAX-LHR. While 8 hours longer than travelling over Singapore, I felt it was totally worth it, even at a cost of $5300 return each time. But your report has given me an alternative to try. Once again, excellent work.
                Thanks, qantas_flyer!

Air New Zealand's PE product looks really interesting. I don't have too many opportunities to fly Air NZ these days. I love their safety videos too.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                  Thanks for this TR, super informative and very clear now what this product is all about.

Just on the hardware and software itself, I am very impressed. I think it's definitely something I would have gone for.

But but ... the price is still an issue I feel. Not competitive compared to other airlines' J class.
                  Thanks, SQueeze!

Yes, it is all about price...all SQ need to do is get the price right...easier said than done, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                    Great TR as usual yflyer.

In PEY, did the pax in front of you have to adjust the seat upright for the meal service?
                    Thanks, jonleong!

I don't recall them asking pax to set their seats upright, but I may not have noticed. What I did notice is that the seat pivots slightly forward while reclining, so there isn't really a necessity to set the seat upright for the person behind to eat comfortable.

Comment

Thanks for the review!

I sort of expect a bit more with the meal services though! I hope it is more QF/NZ style, rather than BA/CX track!

But the seats look very nice!

Carfield

Comment

Originally posted by Carfield View Post
                        Thanks for the review!

I sort of expect a bit more with the meal services though! I hope it is more QF/NZ style, rather than BA/CX track!

But the seats look very nice!

Carfield
                        Thanks, Carfield! Yes, closer to Y than to J, unlike QF's version of PE...

Comment

I wonder touch screen is not available on S Class is for A380 only?

I recalled the new B77WN does have touch screen IFE, and since A380 has not upgraded the entire cabin, including the IFE system, that even your screen to the seat has touch screen capability, it is not supported by the old A380 IFE interface?

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                            I wonder touch screen is not available on S Class is for A380 only?

I recalled the new B77WN does have touch screen IFE, and since A380 has not upgraded the entire cabin, including the IFE system, that even your screen to the seat has touch screen capability, it is not supported by the old A380 IFE interface?
                            I suspect the IFE in PEY on the 77WN will have a touchscreen...the hardware looks like it will support it. It just probably wasn't enabled on the A380 as none of the other screens were touchscreens...

Hope someone who has tried PEY on the new planes can provide feedback on this...

Comment

The A380s are equipped with the Panasonic eX2 IFE, whereas the new 77WN/Rs have the newer eX3 installed, which explains the differences in functionality, UI and controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post

Each PEY passenger was given a fast track pass for arrival immigration – I thought this was a nice touch, especially since Heathrow immigration queues can be quite unpredictable.

Hi, first time on SQTalk, just wondering, is fast track given out to all Premium Economy passengers. Or those who have higher status with KrisFlyer? I am flying to London in 2 weeks in Premium Economy and if Fast Track is given, it would be great

Comment

Working...
                                X