• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ11 NRT-SIN Suite

SQ11
    NRT-SIN
    Suite
    ETD 20:50

I arrived at Narita Airport Terminal 1 a good 4 h before the flight.

When the counters opened, there were at least 30 people in the queue for Y and perhaps 10 for J.

There were 2 Suites counters.

I confirmed with the check-in lady that I was eligible for Fast Track security. The load was 6/12.

I intended to try both ANA First Lounges and headed to the one near Gate 5x. The lounge staff politely informed that the lounge near 4x would be nearer to the gate, however I was of course welcome.

The lounge was minimalist with a simple buffet offering. What impressed me was the level of detail accorded to each item. Who would have expected pudding with milk brought in from a far-flung prefecture?

Upon sitting down, an attendant offers a warm oshibori and asks for choice of drink. Thereafter, it was unobtrusive service.

There is also a counter where you can request freshly-prepared food such as curry rice and udon.

I ordered some Kakiage Udon and Curry Rice. Portion size was just right.

The lounge is not a bad place for plane spotting.

The showers are located outside the lounge. You exchange your boarding pass at the shower area.

For the uninitiated, there is an underpass between the 4x and 5x gates (go to the lowest level using the lift/escalator near the lounges). However, having not done souvenir shopping, I took the long way and stopped by United First lounge.

Again, the lounge staff politely informed that the actual lounge is further at 5x but I was of course welcome. The First Class lounge is located on another level via an elevator.

The food offering was not as spectacular as ANA's. Lounge was classic but peaceful.

Barely a bowl of chips later, I traversed to the ANA First Lounge at Gate 5x. The size was comparable and the style and offering was almost identical.

Again, an attendant offers a warm oshibori and asks for choice of drink. I asked for ice cream, hoping that Fauchon was still offered. I got a Haagen Dazs.

I availed myself to the liquor selection. The highlight was a bottle of Yamazaki 12 years-old whisky!

Today's A380, 9V-SKS, pulled in to a nearby gate.

An hour prior to departure, I made my way to the gate. The usual pre-boarding announcement was made.

Comment

IFS was at the bridge to welcome passengers. I made my way to Suite 3D.

There was one other CS and LS serving the Suite cabin today. This appears to be a standard combination (IFS, CS/CSS, LS, LSS).

The CS came over to introduce himself and highlighted the flight time. He also asked if I wanted a drink. I opted for a Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee.

After a round of hot towels, I changed into PJs. Take note that the Port side lavatory is slightly more spacious.

Coffee was served promptly by the LS, who spooned the sugar and milk to my preference en-suite. The LS also assisted to stow my additional luggage in 3F (arguably one of the best seats in the house with 3 windows and aisle access).

The first cup of coffee went down and the CS offered another.

The LSS made her appearance and offered the leather-bound menu.

For post take-off drink, I asked for the new Race Day tea. This is a new mix specially created for the F1 season (SQ being the title sponsor for the Singapore leg). I also asked for some nuts, which arrived warmed.

Comment

Shortly after, satay was served, pre-plated.

The table was set and cold towel was dished out. For appetiser, I opted for Caviar. Wished more routes had caviar. Even the SIN-NRT leg of SQ12 (Lunch) does not serve caviar.

To accompany caviar, I had cranberry juice and vodka. Little trivia, cranberry is available in F/R but not J.

From the bread basket, I chose the customary garlic bread, pretzel bread & EVOO.

I chose the Asian soup.

Wished I had skipped salad.

I BTC-ed Beef Sukiyaki for main course, accompanied with red wine.

I had the Japanese dessert.

By the time cheese arrived, I was ready to give up. No fruits for me.

As nightcap, hot chocolate and praline.

I was ready to sleep. A bottle of Evian was placed by my side.

Managed to sleep perhaps 3 hours before waking up. Entertained myself with Big Bang Theory.

I was not sure what time the bed had to be folded, but seeing that I was changing out, the bed was stowed. Another hot towel and choice of drinks was offered.

The plane landed uneventfully and we exited via Door 1L. It was uncanny to see Changi so deserted.

Comment

Great TR.
          BTW, cranberry juice is available in J class too. Its available for all flights from/to USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
            Great TR.
            BTW, cranberry juice is available in J class too. Its available for all flights from/to USA.
            Thanks for dropping by! Wish they have it too on the regional flights I fly in

Comment

Working...
            X