• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting C/J Fares ex Italy

Paffendorf
    interesting C/J fares ex-italy
    « Thread Started on: Aug 4th, 2006, 9:23pm »
    i was looking at fares for a future trip to China (for business reasons).
    I decided to share with you what i found, since i think it could be interesting, especially for UK-Residents.

There are really cheap BA C/J fares to all Asia. They seems to be valid for all the winter season.

They have some restrictions (sunday rule, even if biz class and 42 days AP. some penalties for changes and refund) but the price is really attractive and it's not so easy to adjust them with business agenda (in my case it works only for PEK). But the price could be interesting for a Luxury holiday...

Some examples:
    MIL-SIN --> 2297 USD
    MIL-BKK --> 2297 USD
    MIL-PVG --> 2297 USD
    MIL-PEK--> 2169 USD
    MIL-HKG--> 2301 USD
    MIL-HKG--> 2301 USD
    MIL-JNB --> 2169 USD
    MIL-CPT--> 2552 USD
    MIL-NRT--> 2142 USD
    MIL-EZE-->2552 USD
    MIL-CAI --> 1315 USD
    MIL-GRU-->2552 US
    MIL-GIG-->2681 USD
    MIL-JFK-->1978 USD
    MIL-ORD-->2297 USD
    MIL-IAD-->2119 USD
    MIL-PHL-->2169USD
    MIL-BOS-->2017 USD
    and others...

booking Class : I
    Fare Basis : IRCEUR

And obviously if you book them through AA.com you will get the "so-famous" discount about fuel surcharges....
    Cheers
    « Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2006, 9:25pm by paffendorf »

MANFlyer
    Re: interesting C/J fares ex-italy
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 9:33pm »
    Some excellent fares there, pity they are not SQ fares !. I think a few of the BA lot on FT buy ex-MIL fares quite regularly. A serch on there would probably get you afew threads to read.

What does SYD come out at ?.

paffendorf
    « Reply #2 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 9:52pm »
    syd is 4301USD

about SQ, the PPS dedicated fare from MIL to PEK (routing MIL-SIN-PEK or MIL-FCO-SIN-PEK) is about 2330 EUR ( D Class) =)
    « Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2006, 9:54pm by paffendorf »

CGK
    « Reply #3 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 11:03pm »
    Questions:
    1. How much is MIL-YVR?
    2. Do you know whether at MXP I can do a turnaround without clearing immigration? I don't have Schengen visa. So I can get LHR-MXP on award, and MXP-LHR-YVR using the special I fares if possible.

jhm
    « Reply #4 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 11:50pm »
    on Aug 4th, 2006, 9:33pm, MANFlyer wrote:
    I think a few of the BA lot on FT buy ex-MIL fares quite regularly. A serch on there would probably get you afew threads to read.
    e.g.
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579608

In particular, the ITA fare shopping engine referenced in post #2 is very useful.

paffendorf
    « Reply #5 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 11:52pm »
    on Aug 4th, 2006, 11:03pm, CGK wrote:
    Questions:
    1. How much is MIL-YVR?
    2. Do you know whether at MXP I can do a turnaround without clearing immigration? I don't have Schengen visa. So I can get LHR-MXP on award, and MXP-LHR-YVR using the special I fares if possible.

Mil Yvr is 2807 usd.
    I'mnot sure, but IIRC when you disembark there are 2 paths: 1 for immigration and baggage claim and another one for transit.
    Therefore i suppose you don't need to clear immigration.

BTW, i checked on Italian Foreing Affairs Ministry website and for "Airport transit" it seems you don't need to get a visa.
    If you want i can call to be sure.

jjpb3
    « Reply #6 on: Aug 5th, 2006, 04:10am »
    Wow, those are quite reasonable, paffy. Too bad my travel budget's basically spoken for until the New Year.

paffendorf
    « Reply #7 on: Aug 5th, 2006, 06:02am »
    they should be valid till march 2007.

fare rules for JFK
    Quote:

FARE BASIS CODE
    IRCEUR

BK CODE
    I‡ -

PENALTY
    CANCELLATIONS BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE EUR 250.00. NOTE - CHARGES APPLY TO ADULTS AND CHILDREN AFTER DEPARTURE TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. NOTE - NO SHOWS WILL BE TREATED AS CANCELLATION WHERE THE FARE IS COMBINED WITH ANOTHER FARE THE MOST RESTRICTIVE CONDITIONS APPLY TO THE ENTIRE JOURNEY CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE EUR 250.00. NOTE - UPGRADING TO ANY HIGHER FARE OR CABIN AT CHARGE OF EUR 250.00 PER TRANSACTION PLUS ANY DIFFERENCE IN FARE. CHANGE ARE PERMITTED PRIOR TO THE TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME OF EACH FLIGHT ONLY. CHARGE APPLIES TO ADULT AND CHILDREN.ORIGINAL REFUND CONDITIONS APPLY TO ANY UPGRADED TICKET. WHEN THE ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE COLLECTED AND THE EUR 250.00 CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A LOWER FARE THE EUR 250.00 CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY AND NO REFUND WILL BE MADE.RE-ROUTING PERMITTED AT CHARGE OF EUR 250.00 MOST RESTRICTIVE RULE APPLIES TO THE ENTIRE JOURNEY - FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE THE TICKET IS A. CHANGES BEFORE DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND FLIGHT- FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE THE TICKET IS REISSUED MUST BE APPLIED. B. CHANGES AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND FLIGHT - FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE OF ORIGINAL TICKET ISSUE MUST BE APPLIED. IN BOTH CASES THE ORIGINAL CANCELLATION CHARGE WILL BE CARRIED FORWARD TO ANY REISSUED TICKET. WHERE THE FARE IS COMBINED WITH ANOTHER FARE THE MOST RESTRICTIVE CONDITIONS APPLY TO THE ENTIRE JOURNEY

RES/TKTG
    RES MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN 42 DAYS BEFORE DPTR FROM ORIGIN. TKT MUST BE PURCHASED NO LATER THAN 42 DAYS BEFORE DPTR FROM ORIGIN OR 3 DAYS AFTER RES IS MADE, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST. SGMTS USING THIS RULE MUST BE CONFIRMED.

MIN STAY
    RETURN TRVL IS VALID ON THE 1ST SUN AFTER 12:01 A.M.. MEASURED FROM DPTR FROM GATEWAY.

MAX STAY
    RETURN TRVL MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12 MONTHS. MEASURED FROM DPTR FROM ORIGIN TO DPTR FROM LAST STOPOVER POINT.

SEASONS
    NO SEASON RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

BLACKOUTS
    NO BLACKOUT RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

FLT APPL
    APPLIES TO ANY BA FLIGHT ON THE DEPARTURE OF EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

STOPOVERS
    UNLIMITED STOPOVERS ARE PERMITTED WITHIN UNITED KINGDOM, AT EUR 200.00 EACH PER ADT AND EUR 134.00 EACH PER CHD AND EUR 20.00 EACH PER INF AND UNLIMITED ADDITIONAL FREE STOPOVERS ARE PERMITTED WITHIN PUERTO RICO/ UNITED STATES/ VIRGIN ISLANDS, IF IN ROUTING APPLICABLE TO FARE. A STOPOVER OCCURS WHEN THE PASSENGER DOES NOT DEPART AN INTERMEDIATE POINT WITHIN 24 HOURS.

TICKET RESTRICTIONS
    NO SALES RESTRICTION APPLY.

DISCOUNTS
    67 PCT OF THE ADT FARE IS CHARGED FOR A CNN PSGR 2 THRU 11 YRS OF AGE. CNN PSGR MUST BE ACCOMPANIED ON ALL SGMTS BY AN ADT PSGR TRAVELING IN THE SAME COMPARTMENT. - - - - 67 PCT OF THE ADT FARE IS CHARGED FOR A UNN PSGR 5 THRU 11 YRS OF AGE. PSGR MAY BE UNACCOMPANIED. - - - - 67 PCT OF THE ADT FARE IS CHARGED FOR AN INS PSGR UNDER 2 YRS OF AGE. INS PSGR MUST BE ACCOMPANIED ON ALL SGMTS BY AN ADT PSGR TRAVELING IN THE SAME COMPARTMENT. - - - - 10 PCT OF THE ADT FARE IS CHARGED FOR AN INF PSGR UNDER 2 YRS OF AGE NOT OCCUPYING A SEAT. INF PSGR MUST BE ACCOMPANIED ON ALL SGMTS BY AN ADT PSGR TRAVELING IN THE SAME COMPARTMENT. *** TOUR CONDUCTOR/ SALES AGENT AND OTHER DISCOUNTS DO NOT APPLY.

REROUTE
    SEE PENALTY.

TRANSFERS
    6 TRANSFERS PERMITTED, 3 IN EACH DIRECTION.

COMBINATIONS
    CARRIER / RULE / FARE CIRCLE OPEN ROUND BASIS TRIP JAW TRIP SAME / SAME / SAME C C C SAME / SAME / DIFF C C C SAME / DIFF / SAME C C C SAME / DIFF / DIFF C C C DIFF / SAME / SAME C C C DIFF / SAME / DIFF C C C DIFF / DIFF / SAME C C C DIFF / DIFF / DIFF C C C Y / PERMITTED N / NOT PERMITTED - / DOES NOT APPLY C / SEE TEXT FOR CONDITIONS CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ROUND TRIP/CIRCLE TRIP/SINGLE OR DOUBLE OPEN JAW - -MAY BE COMBINED WITH ANY ONE WAY/ROUND TRIP FARE GOVERNED BY ANY RULE IN ANY TARIFF VIA BA. -MOST RESTRICTIVE CONDITIONS APPLY. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS APPLY ROUND TRIP - -PERMITTED. CIRCLE TRIP - -PERMITTED. NOTE: IF COMBINING FARES EITHER HALF ROUND TRIP OR END-ON-END THE MOST RESTRICTIVE CONDITIONS WILL APPLY OPEN JAW - -SINGLE OPEN JAW PERMITTED AT EITHER ORIGIN OR DESTINATION. DOUBLE OPEN JAW PERMITTED. END-ON-END - -PERMITTED WITH DOMESTIC FARES. -COMBINATIONS WITH THIS FARE MUST BE SHOWN SEPARATELY ON THE TICKET. -PERMITTED WITH BA INTERNATIONAL FARES. -COMBINATIONS WITH THIS FARE MUST BE SHOWN SEPARATELY ON THE TICKET. -CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL FARE COMPONENTS OF THE JOURNEY. -TRAVEL MUST BE VIA THE FARE COMBINATION POINT.

OPEN RTN
    NOT ALLOWED.

REFUNDS
    SEE PENALTY.

CO-TERMINALS
    NOT APPLICABLE.

INTL CONST
    MAY BE COMBINED WITH APPLICABLE ARBITRARIES.

ROUTINGS
    EXCESS MILEAGE SURCHARGE MAY BE IGNORED UP TO 25M WHEN TRAVEL EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM PERMITTED MILEAGE

MISC
    NOTE - TICKETS MUST SHOW BY THE USE OF AN INSERT OR STICKER THAT TRAVEL IS AT A SPECIAL FARE AND SUBJECT TO SPECIAL CONDITIONS

jhm
    « Reply #8 on: Sep 28th, 2006, 5:53pm »
    on Aug 4th, 2006, 9:52pm, paffendorf wrote:
    about SQ, the PPS dedicated fare from MIL to PEK (routing MIL-SIN-PEK or MIL-FCO-SIN-PEK) is about 2330 EUR ( D Class) =)

Is this o/w or r/t ? What's a PPS dedicated fare and how do you get it ? My plans change from day to day but at the moment, I'm inclined to try BA ex-Milan to China this December but then reread your post above.

paffendorf
    « Reply #9 on: Sep 29th, 2006, 10:45pm »
    on Sep 28th, 2006, 5:53pm, jhm wrote:
    Is this o/w or r/t ? What's a PPS dedicated fare and how do you get it ? My plans change from day to day but at the moment, I'm inclined to try BA ex-Milan to China this December but then reread your post above.

It's a RT fare. These fares are special discounted biz class / first class fares (dedicated to PPS). You have to call italian pps coordinator in Rome.
    Cheers
    luke

jhm
    « Reply #10 on: Sep 29th, 2006, 11:06pm »
    Thanks, luke. I wonder if they'd sell it to a PPS from another country. It seems very cheap, e.g. about 40-50% of the LHR-SIN price.

paffendorf
    « Reply #11 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 08:33am »
    John, fares ex-mxp are always strongly cheaper than fares ex-lhr.
    the discount for PPSs compared to standard fare is more or less 150EUR.

I suggest you to call the italian pps coordinator - Mrs Mavrovich - she will provide you all the infos you need.
    =)
    luke

jhm
    « Reply #12 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 08:47am »
    Great, I will do! Even without the PPS discount, I didn't realise it's still so much cheaper than ex-LHR; plus I get to sample again osso bucco, risotto, CGK's favorite Italian gelati and la dolce vita if I'm really lucky! The last time I went to Milan was a number of years ago - flew BA's Go LCC and stayed in a place recommended in the Lonely Planet guide.

paffendorf
    « Reply #13 on: Oct 1st, 2006, 11:38am »
    If you like, let me know when you're in Milan, so that if i'm here i'll be happy to meet you.

CGK
    « Reply #14 on: Oct 1st, 2006, 12:48pm »
    on Oct 1st, 2006, 11:38am, paffendorf wrote:
    If you like, let me know when you're in Milan, so that if i'm here i'll be happy to meet you.

It's a dream to have a Milan SIN DO. I have to fight for getting the visa first!
    I assume the renovation of the Duomo had been finished by now.

paffendorf
    « Reply #15 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:54am »
    which renovation, dearest?!
    Duomo is costantly on maintenance..... since smog and pollution are really dangerous.... in every period there is a big or small part under maintenance...

CGK
    « Reply #16 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:05am »
    on Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:54am, paffendorf wrote:
    which renovation, dearest?!
    Duomo is costantly on maintenance..... since smog and pollution are really dangerous.... in every period there is a big or small part under maintenance...

When I visted couple years ago, the renovation was outside section. Thus, no pretty pics for the gothic duomo.
    « Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:45am by CGK »

paffendorf
    « Reply #17 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 5:13pm »
    Ok... as i said previously, there's always a part under renovation.... so you have to be lucky.
    When you'll come here, i'll do my best so that you can take a nice pic of duomo =)

jhm
    « Reply #18 on: Oct 23rd, 2006, 10:21pm »
    on Oct 1st, 2006, 11:38am, paffendorf wrote:

I'm still thinking about SQ (PPS sectors; new cabin) or BA (tier points and miles for my Amex 2-4-1) ex-MXP to Asia in December but, in the meantime, I've signed up for the TOF Lugano Do. It looks like the final week of Dec will be lots of flying (for a lightweight like me anyway):

Mon/Tues - something like SIN-MXP-LHR hopefully

Weds/Thurs - PPS sectors and Krug run - LGW-ZRH-MAN-ZRH-LGW

Fri 29 Dec - LHR-MXP (arrive 12:40) and then a bus to Lugano

Sun 31 Dec - bus to MXP and then a flight home (depart 17:35)

Is there anything to do in Milan on Sunday morning/early afternoon ? I assume all the shops will be shut but restaurants will be open for lunch.

I'm not sure whether you'll be in Milan and, in particular, won't be busy given that it's so close to the New Year; but if you're free, I'd be very happy to meet up for a drink!

paffendorf
    « Reply #19 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 5:24pm »
    Dear John,
    I'm out of city only in the first days of December (coming back to Milan on Dec, 3rd).
    You're wrong when u suppose shops are closed on sunday... this is true during other months, but in December they are open on sunday too for "Christmas shopping".

I read quickly your path... if you plan to fly SQ new cabin to MXP, please notice:

1) only from mid-december new cabin will be available
    2) flight from MXP to SIN does not operate on sunday (even if you wrote 17.35... so i suppose you didn't mean SQ flight).

BTW, i should be in Milan all the month (only 1-day business trip to Rome or similar), so don't hesitate. I'll be more than happy to meet you.
    =)
    Luke

Comment

Working...
    X