• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally - MH are trying to make Enrich worthwhile

MANFlyer
    Finally - MH are trying to make Enrich worthwhile
    « Thread started on: Jul 12th, 2006, 06:24am »
    Just having a quick look on Aero Malaysia and came across this, shamelessly copied of course :

Here are the major changes to the new Enrich FFP:

- A new silver elite status is created. It seems pretty easy to qualify for this elite status as you are only required to fly 20 elite qualifying segments (EQS) on MH (think 10 roundtrips KUL-PEN), or earn 25,000 EQM.
    - Economy class now counts towards EQM. You will get EQM per your booking class (e.g. H, Q or B will earn 70% EQM while P or J will earn 200% EQM).
    - You are able to purchase Golden Lounge Pass for MYR $1,900 per year if you are an Enrich Silver member. Gold/Platinum members will have lounge access regardless of class of travel and Platinum members will have access to “Platinum Suite” at KUL.
    - 50,000 (instead of 40,000) EQM or 60 EQS are required to qualify for Enrich Gold. Gold miles will become obsolete.
    - Elite status bonus (25%) for Silver/Gold/Platinum members traveling on Business or First Class. This is in addition to the class of service bonus.
    - Platinum status is now clearly defined. You need to accumulate 450,000 Platinum miles or 375 Platinum sectors in a three year period in order for you to qualify as a Platinum member. Platinum miles/sectors are only earned if you are flying Business or First Class.

This is definitely a vast improvement from the previous Enrich FFP. I was hoping that they would bump the EQM/RDM from 70% to 100% for H/Q/B/GV4 booking class and from 30% to 50% for L/V/S booking class. Also, add a couple more air partners and the ability to earn EQM on other air partners too. Looks like they are aligning themselves to be in line with other major carriers as far as FFP goes (and maybe even paving way to be a member of Skyteam).

This is good news but bloody typical for them to do something about a truly dreadful FFP just after they pull out of MAN.

shortfinals
    Re: Finally - MH are trying to make Enrich worthwhile
    « Reply #1 on: Jul 12th, 2006, 09:27am »
    That's great news. Thumbs up!

jjpb3
    « Reply #2 on: Jul 13th, 2006, 6:16pm »
    Do miles also have a 3-year expiry, MAN Flyer?

MANFlyer
    « Reply #3 on: Jul 13th, 2006, 7:13pm »
    They do, but you can get them extended for another year for a small fee, which depends on how many miles you extend.

I have got 60K Ceri has 30K, both of which expired last year but we extended the validity to the end of 2006. With 6 months to go I am trying to work out how to use them, which is proving tricky with two current CRTWSTAR2's on the go as well.

Nice problem to have I suppose.
Working...
X