Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garuda Indonesia New Uniform Launching

Hey SQ Talkers..

This is actually a small report that I made after attending the launching of Garuda Indonesia New Uniform last night in Jakarta. This report is made in order to update your information about Indonesia's biggest flag carrier.

The main concept of this new uniform is Kebaya. Kebaya actually represent Asian - Melayu tradition. It may look a bit similar to Singapore Airlines, Malaysian, because we're coming from the same root.

The dress code last night was Batik, represents the Authentic Indonesian Culture.

The color was actually dark-gray. Sorry due to the distance of my camera got affected by the lighting so bad.

These crews are posing with Teddy Panelewen. If you guys ever heard the Garuda theme song.. "Kebanggaanku" or "My Pride" then he is the singer. The english version is sung by James Eaglestone (tenor singer from Australia)

The left one with head scarf is soon going to be the uniform for Hajj Flight and Jakarta-Jeddah-Riyadh-Dammam-Jakarta sector.

Now Flight Attendant will be wearing apron during serving

There you go fellas. Hope you enjoy..
    Garuda has been really selective before launching this kebaya. The choice of garment materials of this kebaya is quiet comfortable to wear. Garuda had used Kebaya before during 1987-2004, which the uniform was only worn by 'senior cabin crew'. And now, the rest of flight attendant will be wearing kebaya while the seniority will be signed by the color they're wearing.

As the original culture piece from Indonesia, the pattern / motives are used in this batik is "Parang Gondosuli" which represents the elegance and 'enlightening life' philosophy. Why are there 3 colors? According to the press release being said that Blue, Orange and Turquoise are identifying tropical sophisticated colors, yet Turquoise color itself is very identified with Garuda.

The flight steward uniform is going back to classic concept. Only they've included a vest for serving just like most European Carriers do. The materials are made in mixture between cotton and polyster, which is not easy tousled. The tie is made from silk materials, and has nature wings motives on it. Very fab and sophisticated I might say.

Overall this new uniform concept has really matched with the new Garuda Experience which introduced earlier along with the arrival of new aircraft and the inaugural flight to Amsterdam coming in June. And as an Indonesian I definitely proud of having Garuda as my flag carrier. When you fly with Garuda, you'll feel like home. The crew isn't just nice or hospitable, but they are super kind.

Thanks for reading guys. Regards from Indonesia.

Thanks for sharing - would have been nice if the girls' one had a bit more detail/fuss to the design. The guys' one looks pretty nice.

Comment

Very nice, thanks for posting.

The new uniforms--both men's and women's--look very smart and professional. I like the two color schemes for the women's, including the red with the batik hijab for the Saudi flights. I think Garuda chose the right designer for the job.

I would love to see Garuda resume the Bali - US route sometime in the near future (even after an absence of more than a decade)
      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Blue, Green, Red. Hmm, seniority colours seemed familiar?
        Last edited by ycp81; 29 May 2010, 12:18 AM.
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
          Blue, Green, Red. Hmm, seniority colours seemed familiar?
          It is actually Orange for junior flight attendants, Turquoise for senior flight attendants, and Dark Blue for purser. So, orange will be more dominant than the turquoise in every flight.

Both Dark Blue and Turquoise are the colors of the original Landor designed Garuda bird logo as well as the colors of the new Landor designed Nature Wings livery. Gone retro is the Orange color because this was the dominant color for Garuda back in the 60s to early 80s.
          Last edited by UMD; 29 May 2010, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Found this link to the Garuda Indonesia Singapore's Facebook page. It is interesting to see how the uniforms have changed over the years - starting from the 1st military look in the 50s to this new Kebaya look.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...12571935426232

Comment

deleted
              Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Looks Great! I've been hearing a lot of good things about Garuda recently. Their recent award for most improved airline is well deserved indeed. Given that most of my flights originated from CGK, I'll tempted to try Garuda in place of SQ one of these days.

Comment

Garuda's 1st flight to AMS started again on 1 June 2010. Nice video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc62ELUAL_8

Comment

Love the simple brooch accessory on the girl's kebaya.
                    Simple and elegant...
                    Is that silver (hand made)?
                    Cause there's a famous silversmith town in Jogjakarta (central Java) called Kota Gede famous for its silver handicraft...

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                      Love the simple brooch accessory on the girl's kebaya.
                      Simple and elegant...
                      Is that silver (hand made)?
                      Cause there's a famous silversmith town in Jogjakarta (central Java) called Kota Gede famous for its silver handicraft...
                      Sorry to bump this thread up but need to answer the question here regarding the silver brooch. It is apparently handmade in Ubud. The brooch has the Landor design bird in the center.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                        Sorry to bump this thread up but need to answer the question here regarding the silver brooch. It is apparently handmade in Ubud. The brooch has the Landor design bird in the center.

Ahhhh.... From Celuk at Ubud, Bali... Nice!!!
                        It's always be a nice center of silver handycraft in Bali...

Comment

Working...
                        X