Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BKK TG First Class check-in, worth to try?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BKK TG First Class check-in, worth to try?

Dear all,

I will do SIN-BKK on SQ C and BKK-HKG on TG F on the same day, is it worth to visit the TG First Class check-in area by exit and re-enter the immigration?

In addition, I will also do AMS-LHR (C) on KLM and LHR-SIN (F), is there any special at the First Class check-in counter in LHR terminal 3? (But I would be highly possible not exit and re-enter).

PS: Is there any baggage interline between KLM and SQ in LHR? Thanks!

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
    I will do SIN-BKK on SQ C and BKK-HKG on TG F on the same day, is it worth to visit the TG First Class check-in area by exit and re-enter the immigration?
    Nope. I fly TG F ex BKK regularly and I usually use the J check in instead of F anyway as it takes 3, 4 or 5 times longer at the F check in. Depending how long your connection is, if you are on one ticket and if you are in luck, you may have someone waiting for you at the gate. LX do when you are departing LX F and arrive any time from early afternoon onwards. The SQ flights at BKK always use the D gates which are close to the TG F lounge bang in front of immigration so you'll be out quick if you did want to exit and re-enter..

In addition, I will also do AMS-LHR (C) on KLM and LHR-SIN (F), is there any special at the First Class check-in counter in LHR terminal 3? (But I would be highly possible not exit and re-enter).

Your KL flight will arrive in T4 and your SQ flight leaves from T3 so you will need to change terminals. I haven't done a T4-T3 transfer so not sure the quickest way to do that one.

SQ have just moved back to Zone E at LHR and there is nothing special about the F check in. I used it myself a couple of weeks ago.

Can't comment on the KL/SQ baggage query.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Nope. I fly TG F ex BKK regularly and I usually use the J check in instead of F anyway as it takes 3, 4 or 5 times longer at the F check in. Depending how long your connection is, if you are on one ticket and if you are in luck, you may have someone waiting for you at the gate. LX do when you are departing LX F and arrive any time from early afternoon onwards. The SQ flights at BKK always use the D gates which are close to the TG F lounge bang in front of immigration so you'll be out quick if you did want to exit and re-enter.
      My transit time would be 5 hours and they are on seperate tickets. If there is nothing special for the TG First Class check-in, I think I would go straight to the TG First lounge.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Your KL flight will arrive in T4 and your SQ flight leaves from T3 so you will need to change terminals. I haven't done a T4-T3 transfer so not sure the quickest way to do that one.

SQ have just moved back to Zone E at LHR and there is nothing special about the F check in. I used it myself a couple of weeks ago.

Can't comment on the KL/SQ baggage query.
      Although I have 8 hours in LHR, I still prefer stay in the airside

Comment

I've had luggage check-through from SQ to KL many times going SIN-AMS-KRS, but granted that was ex-SIN. You should be able to.
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Although I have 8 hours in LHR, I still prefer stay in the airside
          Why??? LHR T3 is not that entertaining.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

If you want to stay airside then just follow sings to flight connections and you can take a bus to T3 that will keep you airside, although you will have to clear security when arriving at T3. Although I have to agree with jjpb3 8 hours in T3 is a very long time.

If you can not check your luggage all the way through then you will have to go land side. To transit landside you use the Heathrow Express, it is free to use to transfer between terminals.

Comment

Working...
            X