[SIN T3] First Class Check-In Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
    if i'm flying F but 3 family members are flying Y (gosh that makes me sound very mean, doesn't it), can they use the F check-in lounge with me, and will they get the immigration sticker too?
    I have checked in at F check-in lounge with me, my girlfriend and her parents. I was the only one with Solitaire (or any) status and all of us were flying in J. This was midday when her parents were on the early afternoon flight to LHR and we were on the late night MAN flight. All of us got fast track immigration stickers. They went through and we went back to our Hotel having sent our checked luggage through and got BP's for our later flight.

Comment

icic... thanks for the responses, guys. i guess i'll take a chance! the worst thing that could happen is that we'd have to drag our luggage to the other check-in anyway

Comment

A few questions on check in and lounge access. I am travelling on UA First class to NRT. The ticket is a Aeroplan redemption and I am *G on AC. I believe UA departs from terminal 3.

1. Am I allowed to use the separate First Class Check In lounge or is that only for SQ passengers? I assume that is the quickest way to check in and clear immigration?

2. Based upon what I have read in this site, I believe I will have access to the First Class lounge since I am travelling in first class with an alliance partner. I noticed they are allowing access to TPR with award tickets. I assume TPR access is only for SQ first or suites passengers.

I enjoy reading this site. Lot's of useful information.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, westcoast.

To answer your questions:

1) Yes UA goes from T3. The seperate SQ First Class check-in area at T3 is for SQ only. It does have it's own dedicated immigration channel but it will only take you a matter of minutes to clear immigration in T3 for the UA flights anyway at that time. Changi is a very efficient airport, where queuing is frowned on.

2) Yes you can use the First Class area of the SKL but not TPR as that is indeed for SQ pax only.

Comment

Thanks for the speedy response.

Makes sense, if anyone with a F class ticket could get into TPR, then there would be no point in having it.

Comment

UA First Class to NRT is a bad choice. Old seats on United's B777-200. Not worth redeeming on this flight. United only start refitting their First and Business Class new seats from Feb 2010 for their B777-200. B747-400 and B767-300 are completed. United does not have much amenities on board, not even pens.

United First Suite (available on 777 aircraft)
              http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,1932,00.html

United First Suite (Available on 747 and 767 aircraft):
              http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,53247,00.html

http://suitedreams.united.com/

Furthermore the flight is so early, at 7.20am, the check in counter opens at 4.30am at T3, meaning you do not have much time to spend at the lounges: SIA's SilverKris Lounge, KrisFlyer Gold Lounge and SATS Premier Club at T3, very rush. If you have more time, you can visit the SilverKris Lounge at T2 and THAI's Royal Orchid Lounge at T1.

You should have redeemed on SQ12 (unless there are no seats). ANA does not have First Class on their flights from SIN-NRT.
              Last edited by ; 19 January 2010, 04:56 PM.

Comment

The only thing is... SQ12 has been unavailable for redemption for a veryyyyy long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  The only thing is... SQ12 has been unavailable for redemption for a veryyyyy long time.
                  Depending on how much you're willing to pay

Comment

That is true!

And one of the reasons why KF miles are actually worth something... but no way I'm trading 100k KF miles... Savers are the best way to burn, no doubt

Comment

yes..SQ11 & 12's First & Business Class seat redemption is not available..even for far away dates like Dec 2010.

I used ANA Mileage Club's partner airlines' redemption system to check. Very reliable, cos KrisFlyer hotline also show the same results even if you call them. I done some experiments before. Same for Aeroplan's online partner airlines' system.

log in to ANA mileage club => award reservation => Using Star Alliance Member Airlines => key in your travel dates or Click [Flight Search] to search an itinerary up to 12 sectors.

Should use this system to check redemption seat availibility rather than keep calling up KrisFlyer membership services, give them your itinerary, than wait for a call back, then tell you which flights no seats. Check with this system first then give them the itinerary. More convenient.

SIA's KrisFlyer lose out in this area. Can only check SIA/SilkAir flights. Cannot even tell the seatmap for B777-200/200ER & B777-300/300A. Not so convenient. ANA's straight away tell you the seatmap.

Can SIA and KrisFlyer look into implementing this please?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        I get KF availability in F & J savers on quite a number of dates.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                          I get KF availability in F & J savers on quite a number of dates.
                          I was referring to other *A (not M&M) partners' FFP miles

(it's sort of alluded to in the subsequent post I make)

Comment

Thanks Yongchau.

What I didn't mention was I am connecting to NH 6 to LAX at 17:05. I understand SQ 12 arrives in NRT at 17:20. When I booked this flight, UA 876 was the only flight that arrived in NRT with sufficient time to connect. With the additional security on flights into the US, I would prefer more time than less in NRT.

UA was not my first choice.

Thanks

Comment

is there a small carpark near the F check-in lounge? i'm afraid that if i use it, my dad should just drop me off and go home immediately, since the usual carpark is so far away that there's no point for him to park and then see me off at immigration

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                                is there a small carpark near the F check-in lounge? i'm afraid that if i use it, my dad should just drop me off and go home immediately, since the usual carpark is so far away that there's no point for him to park and then see me off at immigration
                                There is a drop off point to the F check-in lounge, not a carpark. So your dad could just drop you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X