SQFlyergirl's 77W New J pictorial report - SIN-CDG 8 DEC 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOOHOO! PPS STATUS!

Anywho...I've been staring at the J pictures, and I've realized something that's really starting to irk me. How come the F seats have all these shapes and contours, while the J seats are so linear and almost too boxy? Just seems too cold of a design.

Comment

Paging SQflyergirl: did you feel the design was too cold?
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3
        CGK, DFP, and the others who've been on the 77W already, I'd like to hear your opinions too.

Comment

Excellent SQFG. Many Thanks for sharing the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Cold? no- the hues are warm - and even if they're not curvy - they're still cosy to me.

Now that I've got some time before my flight - just thought I'd pen down my thoughts on the J experience.

1) Seats - the new seats are cosy, comfortable, and not lumpy or hard. A definite improvement over the current. A nice way to do it is to turn it into a bed and sit with a pillow in the recess next to the footwell. It's very comfy - and IMHO - has a very home lounge feel to it when you do it that way.

As far as sleeping goes, it's fabulous - I sleep on my side a lot, and this is a big improvement. If you sleep on your back, it's also ok. It's if you sleep on your front that it's a problem. (on the spacebed, you raised the wings to give your elbow some space, which is not possible on new J)
            I think the very tall might have a small problem with sleeping on it also as it's a bit constricting in the footwell. The semi reclined "chair" mode is essentially hopeless - as the footrest, and seat back don't actually go back far enough to get comfy.

2) IFE
            Apart from a small outage we had in the middle of the night - it performed flawlessly. Controls are intuitive, and although StarG thinks the system responds at the same speed as Wisemen3000 - I personally think it runs faster. The control unit also has a more solid feel to it, and contains a nifty display screen. Krisfone is indeed omitted.

3) Meals
            As pictured - there is no more tray for J - it all comes a bit like F now.
            During most flights i tend to pick up my tray, napkin and all and take it back to the galley myself right before the cheese comes out. Habit , which now cannot be done anymore since there's no tray . The table swivels quite a fair bit though, and with aisle access for everyone, it's not a problem if you wanted to use the lavatories halfway during meal service.
            The bigger problem is avoiding the cart - the aisles are NARROW - and i can only imagine it's because of the seat width.

4)General cabin ambience -
            It feels VERY VERY private - they ARE suites, and i don't know what else i'd use to describe it. When they completed boarding and closed the door i stood up to look at the cabin and i thought we'd be leaving without 2/3rds of the J pax cause you couldn't see their heads. It was actually full. The Chief i talked to did say doing the pax headcount was more difficult

In short, yes, I like it.

Later today I'll fly SQ333 with CGK and he'll be able to give you his own impression too - I'll try to get more pics in daylight as well

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Later today I'll fly SQ333 with CGK and he'll be able to give you his own impression too - I'll try to get more pics in daylight as well
              SWB to fulfill your wish.
              Last edited by CGK; 11 December 2006, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                SWB to fulfill your wish.
                I think SQFG was hoping for SWA since she went up in SWB

Comment

By the way, how many pillows can each J passenger have? It looks like you got 2. Did anyone else also have more than 1?

Comment

Looking at some of the F random pic on this thread, it looks like the leg section of the F bed is still at least 30 inch wide. Is that not the case? I remember DFP mentioned that the leg section was not as wide as the shoulder and the hips area.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ9188 View Post
                      By the way, how many pillows can each J passenger have? It looks like you got 2. Did anyone else also have more than 1?
                      Yep, I also had 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ9188 View Post
                        From what i hear, it's 2. Haven't flown on the 77W, but from what i hear, they keep the spare bigger pillow in the recess between the seat and the shellback.

Comment

You'll get your chance eventually. You always seem to have good sources on these tidbits.

Wow, there are some crazy emoticons on this system!
                          Last edited by Peter11; 12 December 2006, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Someone has FUN tonight with emoticon?

And a confession to make.
                            Not even an hour after boarding SQ333, I wish I booked myself in F.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK
                              Was C that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
                                You'll get your chance eventually. You always seem to have good sources on these tidbits.
                                The way things are going, i will NEVER get the chance to fly the 77W...

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                                Yes, I heard from someone that you DID indeed say that....
                                and that yes, you were wearing your BA pyjamas and all that. Shocking!

Comment

Working...
                                X