Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating Ethnic in Oz: SQ221 to Sydney in New A380 Economy, and Qantas Biz to Melbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    Superb cabin ambience in Y on this full A350...

Out in the terminal, I took the opportunity to check out the Orchid Garden in the airside area before clearing customs...

Always very relaxing to wander around these green spaces, looking at the fish...

...and the orchids, including our national flower, the Vanda Miss Joaquim...

I'm very impressed how much you like flying ... even spending time in the orchid garden on the way home.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      I'm very impressed how much you like flying ... even spending time in the orchid garden on the way home.
      The Orchid Garden happened to be right next to my arrival gate in T2...one of the few times I didn't speed out of the terminal upon arrival, actually!

More of a plane fan than a plant fan, but it was nice to see our national flower, although arguably the Singapore Girl is a more recognisable icon of our nation than the Vanda Miss Joaquim...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        Seat width was excellent...

I did the magazine seat with measurement on SQ 787-10 (seats look very similar, with same seat colours and IFE), and indeed it is narrower on 787-10

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
          I did the magazine seat with measurement on SQ 787-10 (seats look very similar, with same seat colours and IFE), and indeed it is narrower on 787-10

Thanks very much for the magazine seat measurement, orionmiz! It very clearly illustrates the relative narrowness of 9-abreast Y seating on 787's, whether on SQ or any other carrier (Except JAL, which has super comfortable 8-abreast 2-4-2 Y on their Dreamliners).

Given that the 78J has the same fuselage width as the 788 and 789, I guess it was inevitable that the seat width for 9-abreast would be narrower.

Comment

Enjoyed the rest of your TR including the A350's. An excellent read and photos, yflyer

Comment

Working...
            X