Lots of cancellation of MH KUL-SIN/SIN-KUL flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of cancellation of MH KUL-SIN/SIN-KUL flights

Over the past few days, a lot of the B738 flights running between Singapore and KL have been canceled. Once we saw an upgauge to the A380, today we're seeing MH613 and MH623 combined into MH607 operated by an A330. As a result MH616 is one of those outbound from SG that's canceled (and I'm flying 616 on Thursday to connect with MH123, A380 to Sydney! )

Anyone know what's up?

Yes and not only to SIN but MAS also have cancelled few flights to BKK as well. Seems MAS have a shortage of tech crew for its 737s esp in its FOs. Even for today MHb619 is operated by a A333 instead of its usual 738.
    Last edited by flyguy; 8 July 2018, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      Yes and not only to SIN but MAS also have cancelled few flights to BKK as well. Seems MAS have a shortage of tech crew for its 737s esp in its FOs. Even for today MHb619 is operated by a A333 instead of its usual 738.
      Wah. I hope this doesn't affect my connection. Anyone know if they ever rebook onto other airlines if say, it's like my situation where I need to make a connection, but the next outbound MH flight is too late?

Comment

What MAS have done is to cancel 2 or 3 flights using the 738s and replace with a sinle larger aircraft like the A333 and even the A380. Not sure about if MH did transfer some pax to other carirs but it doesnt look like it for most of the pax - probably for some on full biz class maybe. But if one is travelling by MH and connecting in KUL, they will arrange the next outbound flight but could be hours later or even a day later.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          What MAS have done is to cancel 2 or 3 flights using the 738s and replace with a sinle larger aircraft like the A333 and even the A380. Not sure about if MH did transfer some pax to other carirs but it doesnt look like it for most of the pax - probably for some on full biz class maybe. But if one is travelling by MH and connecting in KUL, they will arrange the next outbound flight but could be hours later or even a day later.
          Oof, hopefully not for me. I have an important event to be at on Friday evening.

Comment

Shortage of 733 crew. QF are having the same problems. They are replacing the A330 between SYD - PER with 747s. The A330s are then being used to combined 737 flights.

Comment

Ah, interesting. What contributed to the sudden shortage? Surely they had to have seen it coming.

Comment

Yesterday MH609/610 was also upgraded to an A333. Aircraft took off before my Malindo flight (which was also upgraded from a B738 to a B739ER).
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Looks like 3x MH A380s (MH8023, MH67 and MH87) got diverted to Changi due to bad weather at KLIA. All 3 on the ground now.
                  Last edited by ycp81; 1 December 2018, 07:39 PM.
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                    Looks like 3x MH A380s (MH8023, MH67 and MH87) got diverted to Changi due to bad weather at KLIA. All 3 on the ground now.
                    and they landed back to back to back too!

MH89 (9M-MNF) landed at 1749.
                    MH67 (9M-MNC) landed at 1752.
                    MH8032 (9M-MNE) landed at 1754.

9M-MNE has since departed SIN as MH8023 at 1935.
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                    X