X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Evaluating Nonstop U.S.-Singapore Service

http://aviationweek.com/awincommerci...gapore-service

18hrs of hell on earth....

Good grief, if that's my only option, I would rather walk.

If I had to take the flight, copious amounts of wine or champagne would be needed. Sorry, I take that back: UA doesn't have free alcohol.

Comment

I was SO going to book, but then I realised I've got 3 root canals that I don't need, on whichever day it might have been that I thought i would want to fly. Sorry MUN/O

Comment

This will be a positive development should UA decide to proceed. The lack of nonstop options between the US and Singapore make the journey long and grueling, with the added transit stops and security checks.

UA have confirmed they will introduce a new J-class product on their upcoming 77W's, and I would be surprised if it were not a full flat 1-2-1 offering as most carriers are moving towards. I would also expect the same product to be installed on their A350's.

Personally speaking, if UA is able to offer a flat-bed, semi decent food and a fair IFE selection, this would constitute a good-enough premium product for me to choose them over more time-consuming one or two stop alternatives. Travelling in Y on the other hand, would be a completely different story....

Comment

Economy plus is actually still bearable. Barring travelling on their 747s which has lesser leg room in E+ and no personal TV. However, due to the quality of the food, the transit in NRT or HKG actually provide the opportunity for shower plus hot, nice food. Just provide a power plug plus good E+ leg space, it might be a good option for me, as I just need to bring my own snacks and cup noodles and use my own tablet for IFE. Also, if the in flight internet stays at under or around US$30 unlimited for entire flight, it is going to be so cheap.

I might still be tied between transitting in NRT for the shower and hot food vs wasting less time travelling and sticking to the onboard food plus own supplies.

Comment

9V-JKL, you DO know Christmas is coming, right?!? Why must you upset me with this nonsense?

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
            Personally speaking, if UA is able to offer a flat-bed, semi decent food and a fair IFE selection, this would constitute a good-enough premium product for me to choose them over more time-consuming one or two stop alternatives. Travelling in Y on the other hand, would be a completely different story....
            They won't. And you'll have to put up with the insanity that they call FAs!
            HUGE AL

Comment

they'll be handing out snacks to their captive ani...passengers

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/n...hats-free.html

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                9V-JKL, you DO know Christmas is coming, right?!? Why must you upset me with this nonsense?
                You're not going to be flying it whatever they choose to do...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  You're not going to be flying it whatever they choose to do...
                  You have a very valid point there.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

I have a feeling it will be SFO to Singapore.... (Don't fly from SFO please, or our future business trip... lol )

Comment

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
                      I have a feeling it will be SFO to Singapore...
                      I always wonder where numerous people get their "feelings" about SFO from. The airport is one of THE most expensive to park a plane at and has a very limited runway config that cannot be expanded due to environmentalists and a salt company. And then there's the fog issue...
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        I always wonder where numerous people get their "feelings" about SFO from. The airport is one of THE most expensive to park a plane at and has a very limited runway config that cannot be expanded due to environmentalists and a salt company. And then there's the fog issue...
                        SFO is UA's premier trans-pacific gateway and the closest hub on mainland USA for flights to Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                          SFO is UA's premier trans-pacific gateway and the closest hub on mainland USA for flights to Singapore.
                          Oops…my bad. This is what happens when you type with a fever (although, you should have seen the stuff I was going to post that I decided against ).

Completely escaped me that this was regarding UA (I keep ignoring them hoping they will go away).

AGAIN, even I make completely boneheaded remarks.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by saobangpo View Post
                            they'll be handing out snacks to their captive ani...passengers

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/n...hats-free.html
                            I took an UA 747 from FRA to SFO in 2015. After take off, the UA flight attendants provided some drinks, but we were hungry and hoped there could be some snacks. Someone asked...and guess what they said.... it's chargeable lol We almost fainted. (Which century are we in)

Maybe UA heard me eventually lol

Comment

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
                              I took an UA 747 from FRA to SFO in 2015. After take off, the UA flight attendants provided some drinks, but we were hungry and hoped there could be some snacks. Someone asked...and guess what they said.... it's chargeable lol We almost fainted. (Which century are we in)
                              in my books, ua stands for u-as****e airlines

the last time I enjoyed flying an airline with that iata code was on board a mcdonnell douglas dc-8

Comment

Working...
                              X